AShadowbox

HAZMAT, Miami Mod 2.2.1

Hey all,

So for the HAZMAT callout on the northern border of the map (gas explosion) the only solution I have come up with is ARFF trucks dumping "foam" on the fire while HAZMAT firefighters round up civilians for decon. Since the HAZMAT firefighters only get a fire extinguisher, and SCBA firefighters take HAZMAT damage, long range foam cannons are the only thing I can come up with.

Have you guys/gals/pals found any other solution for this call?

Side note/tangent: One of my pet peeves in Emergency 4 is firefighters in SCBA and bunker gear taking HAZMAT damage. IRL bunker gear with SCBA is considered Level B protection and would be fine for HAZMAT firefighting, provided you decon when you doff your turnouts. Pretty much the only way a firefighter in turnouts is going to be harmed by non-explosive HAZMAT is if they are full body dipped in corrosive liquid.  IMO the mod that addresses this best is Harbor City v5, where firefighters can put on "firefighting hazmat" suits which just look like yellow bunker gear, and get the ability to carry hoses and extinguish the fire. I wish more mods implemented this or similar solutions.

Looking forward to your input

-AShadowbox

AShadowbox, I think I've mostly done what you said, called out the ARFF.  But I also start switching FF w/SCBA going in and rotating them thru Decon, and Medics.  Needed to get them in to rescue the civilians.  My biggest problem is always getting enough cops setup to keep the wandering civilians from entering the area / contaminated civilians from leaving the area, without the cops getting contaminated themselves.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2021 at 7:28 PM, n00bingtarget said:

AShadowbox, I think I've mostly done what you said, called out the ARFF.  But I also start switching FF w/SCBA going in and rotating them thru Decon, and Medics.  Needed to get them in to rescue the civilians.  My biggest problem is always getting enough cops setup to keep the wandering civilians from entering the area / contaminated civilians from leaving the area, without the cops getting contaminated themselves.

Yeah I think I'm gonna try just throwing people at the problem and rotating them out (like you suggest) next time I get this call. Probably a little more realistic if you consider it from a rehab perspective (even if the toxic damage aspect isn't the greatest).

On 6/29/2021 at 8:34 AM, AShadowbox said:

Hey all,

So for the HAZMAT callout on the northern border of the map (gas explosion) the only solution I have come up with is ARFF trucks dumping "foam" on the fire while HAZMAT firefighters round up civilians for decon. Since the HAZMAT firefighters only get a fire extinguisher, and SCBA firefighters take HAZMAT damage, long range foam cannons are the only thing I can come up with.

Have you guys/gals/pals found any other solution for this call?

Side note/tangent: One of my pet peeves in Emergency 4 is firefighters in SCBA and bunker gear taking HAZMAT damage. IRL bunker gear with SCBA is considered Level B protection and would be fine for HAZMAT firefighting, provided you decon when you doff your turnouts. Pretty much the only way a firefighter in turnouts is going to be harmed by non-explosive HAZMAT is if they are full body dipped in corrosive liquid.  IMO the mod that addresses this best is Harbor City v5, where firefighters can put on "firefighting hazmat" suits which just look like yellow bunker gear, and get the ability to carry hoses and extinguish the fire. I wish more mods implemented this or similar solutions.

Looking forward to your input

-AShadowbox

I have finally find out about your youtube video on this. But as the people mentioned, you can just use ARFF or water canon to sort this out.