Tboltguy

Montana Mod 2.0.1 Fire Whistle Submod

Hi all,

I've been playing EM4 for forever now, and I've been wanting to get into modding and get involved with the community. So, I thought I'd do something super simple first and share it. 

One of my favorite mods is the Montana mod version 2.0.1, I love the feature where you can page volunteer firefighters whenever there's a fire run. However, to add an extra layer of realism to the mod, I added a fire siren/whistle that will activate right after you page the volunteers. To install this mod, simply go into the mod folder, then go to audio, then miscellaneous, then scroll down to "Volunteer Pager" and replace it with the file I've provided. 

If you'd like to use this for your mod, that's fine by me, I just ask that you give me credit. The pager sound effect may belong to one of the mod developers, so definitely clear it with them first. 

volunteer_pager.wav

• Like 2

Update: I didn't do it right, lol. Sorry folks, currently trying to get this fixed. Do not download or replace any files yet. 

I tried replacing the sound file for the pager sound effect with the one I created and nothing played when I paged the volunteers. 

• Like 2

I love the idea of a fire siren when the pager goes out. I know it's possible, since there are mode like the Zolynia mod, Wegberg mog, or the Bieberfelde mod, any kind of European mod that uses volunteer fire crews that have siren noises whenever the volunteers are dispatched.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:32 AM, Tboltguy said:

Hi all,

I've been playing EM4 for forever now, and I've been wanting to get into modding and get involved with the community. So, I thought I'd do something super simple first and share it. 

One of my favorite mods is the Montana mod version 2.0.1, I love the feature where you can page volunteer firefighters whenever there's a fire run. However, to add an extra layer of realism to the mod, I added a fire siren/whistle that will activate right after you page the volunteers. To install this mod, simply go into the mod folder, then go to audio, then miscellaneous, then scroll down to "Volunteer Pager" and replace it with the file I've provided. 

If you'd like to use this for your mod, that's fine by me, I just ask that you give me credit. The pager sound effect may belong to one of the mod developers, so definitely clear it with them first. 

volunteer_pager.wav 23.08 MB · 86 downloads

Yo, I have some generic siren noises for the Montana mod (now 2.5), I got it from the Beaverhead County website.

• Downvote 1