CanadianFrog

Hill Street Blues Mod [V1.0.1 released 4/3/2021] [Slow WIP]

Nice work mate! The only serious problem that I find was the coronas, but It was simple as copy-paste the Miami's one into the mod folder. BTW, when using the SWAT officers, there is some kind of small bug that instead of show the option of opening the "invertory" it shows instead one item of the invertory (like calling a helicopter, an ambulance, pick a M4, etc).

2 hours ago, Anto Mart said:

Nice work mate! The only serious problem that I find was the coronas, but It was simple as copy-paste the Miami's one into the mod folder. BTW, when using the SWAT officers, there is some kind of small bug that instead of show the option of opening the "invertory" it shows instead one item of the invertory (like calling a helicopter, an ambulance, pick a M4, etc).

The patch should have fixed the coronas anyway.

The bug with the swat officers is something bigger i'm trying to figure out, but as of now it causes no harm so just vibe with it.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, dom3318 said:

I did and nothing comes up I redownloaded 3 times 

I did and nothing comes up I redownloaded 3 times 

Instead of putting it on the actual main search bar, try putting it at the top search bar near the tabs at the top, (That is where the URL of this website or any other website should be seen) that worked for me.

As I continue to work on Edgewater I want to take a minute to announce my official plans for the next version. These may change over time but this is the main idea.

-More polygon lights and lighting variation in general

-More fire department vehicle types, variation in the engines.

-More ambulance types, possibly different companies and vehicles.

-A slightly better ladder truck.

Thats all for now but like I said, right now my focus is on Edgewater.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can someone help me? I'm having a hard time. Just getting back into this game got real excited to see this mod. I'm not familiar on how to load the mods and such though. I have the game on Steam...I downloaded the mod and added it to the Mods folder. I saw the comments about the issue with the lights so downloaded the patch called "HSB Patch1.rar" but I'm not sure what to do with it, I copied and pasted it into the DATA folder and also put it in the Mods folder and still have the issue. I also tried going and downloading the Miami mod to get the files mentioned from there and found "Miami-Dade modification v2.2.7z" Not sure if that is right because I didn't see any other files with it and tried doing the same with that file but nothing happened. Any help would appreciated, Thanks. 

19 hours ago, Drew316 said:

Can someone help me? I'm having a hard time. Just getting back into this game got real excited to see this mod. I'm not familiar on how to load the mods and such though. I have the game on Steam...I downloaded the mod and added it to the Mods folder. I saw the comments about the issue with the lights so downloaded the patch called "HSB Patch1.rar" but I'm not sure what to do with it, I copied and pasted it into the DATA folder and also put it in the Mods folder and still have the issue. I also tried going and downloading the Miami mod to get the files mentioned from there and found "Miami-Dade modification v2.2.7z" Not sure if that is right because I didn't see any other files with it and tried doing the same with that file but nothing happened. Any help would appreciated, Thanks. 

You have to put the coronas in the game files not in the mods folder. Should be data/textures.

• Like 1

Nice job, I appreciate it, only one question for the mod and here is the question.

1) Will there a unit addon update as it is in lack of vehicle option in ambulance and law enforcement, which is a headache for not having a prisoner transport or MCU to transport a bunch of people in one time. 

Anyway, it is definitely a great job!

• Like 1

In the future I plan for all those vehicles to have their respectful replacements. 

It's very hard finding good reference pics for the era or from the show itself for these types of vehicles.

when I return to this mod my main priorities are for Coroner and EMS variation.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stockboy8 said:

In the future I plan for all those vehicles to have their respectful replacements. 

It's very hard finding good reference pics for the era or from the show itself for these types of vehicles.

when I return to this mod my main priorities are for Coroner and EMS variation.

What period is it? Can I help you to find some?

On 3/13/2021 at 8:02 PM, stockboy8 said:

UPDATE 04/04/2021

Patch for the lights is out, download it on the main page

UPDATE 04/03/2021

Version 1 is out! it can be downloaded here

Hello fans of EM4 and 80s television! For the past few months I had been working on a private 80s modification based on the TV show Hill Street Blues. Originally intended to be private, I decided to rework it and get all I need to make it a public mod. Stick around, updates coming soon.

Models by Itchboy, skins edited by me

20210313140137_1.jpg

Hello this is a good mod!  but the lights of the police cars and ems and firetrucks are all just white squares 😧 can you tell me how to fix it :( 

5 hours ago, EmergencyPlayer1234 said:

Hello this is a good mod!  but the lights of the police cars and ems and firetrucks are all just white squares 😧 can you tell me how to fix it :( 

Please observe the download page and previous posts. The coronas from the Miami mod are required. 

3 hours ago, Walther Red said:

bug found, missing MP5s for SWAT officers, can add "debug traffic" button in fire stations and police stations as npc traffic always stuck after riot callouts, disappearing swat vans

Can you explain a little more? I don't understand what you are trying to say.

3 hours ago, Walther Red said:

bug found, missing MP5s for SWAT officers, can add "debug traffic" button in fire stations and police stations as npc traffic always stuck after riot callouts, disappearing swat vans

missing MP5s is a known bug. The weapons are still functional.

I am not going to add a debug traffic button if the traffic is not bugged, it's down to you to fix traffic jams created by calls.

I've never encountered any 'disappearing swat vans', please elaborate 

• Like 2