Squad 65

Rescue Squad to Hospital

A literal pain in the behind, but definitely doable. I have a similar feature planned. As of right now, the best way I can think to implement this is to name the squad vehicle and the paramedics so that they are linked.

Vehicle Name: "Squad_51"
Paramedic 1 name: "Squad_51_p1"
Paramedic 2 name: "Squad_51_p2"

When the ambulance transport command is selected, it checks to see if "Squad_51_p1" or "Squad_51_p2" are passengers. If one is, then it checks to see if the other is in vehicle "Squad_51". If the other is in the vehicle, both go to parking spots at the hospital lights and siren. If the other paramedic is not in the squad when the transport command is triggered, then the command is terminated and a message displayed stating that you can't leave until the squad has the other paramedic in it. This is so that the squad doesn't leave without a driver/leave the other paramedic behind. If neither paramedic is onboard, then the ambulance transports as normal.

As for truly "following the ambulance" , that's a little harder, and I'm not exactly sure how I'd do that. One possible work around is add a small delay between the ambulance leaving and the squad and hope the the squad falls behind the ambulance most of the time? The squad leading the ambulance is not all that uncommon IRL, so it's not exactly super important to ensure the squad always follows the ambulance.

That's how I initially plan on implementing it. I'll probably revise it as I go, but that's the basic idea.

14 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

So I am working on a 70s based LA style mod and I was wondering how hard would it be to have a Paramedic Rescue Squad follow the ambulance to the hospital. I've seen somethin like it in Bieberfelde with the Notzarts 

An EMERGENCY! mod huh?