Guest e34p

Welfordshire V2

Guest e34p
2 minutes ago, smudge58 said:

Ouch, 

Isn't V2 of this mod just 99% London mod? (Oh can't forget that it was without permission)

Don't get me wrong, KentMod has improved from first version... Where as your's has basically gone down imo. But that's just my opinion.

Hell, tbh, Sussex mod (who got shut down for exact same reasons as what seen today) was far better then this shambles. Which again is my opinion. You come back after 6 years, release what is basically a Sub-Mod to London mod, without permission and is a total shambles. Then start basically claiming it to be yours. Then wonder why people are kicking up a fuss. Think! it just makes you look like a muppet almost. Granted you will have some that may enjoy your mod that had the chance to download it. But still, permissions is everything. Which to be a reputable member of this community, you need to understand. 

Overall, just a massive ego thing innit? 

No of course it's not an ego thing. I'm not asking for it to be allowed again. 

99%? Have you actually played it? The map and a couple of police vehicles are from the london mod, that's about it.

Guest e34p
5 minutes ago, TACRfan said:

Hey sorry for not being capable of developing a polished mod. Trust me i wish i could. The Kent mod was developed to the best of my abilities at the time. I will say one thing though, everything added to that mod was entirely credited correctly and permission sort where necessary. Im not being funny but this would have been so much easier if you had just apologised, hell you might have even been able to keep the mod up, but oh know, you decided to attack the rest of the British community and make yourself look incapable of admitting mistakes. The British community should be working together, not competing against each other but its things like this that have made me not want to release my mod, and i know several other big names in the community feel the same. Its just the same old thing repeated every year.

Honestly Welfordshire V1 was and still is one of my favourite mods, all you have done is damage to your own reputation rather than just holding your hands up to it and then seeking permission to release. There are other ways to contact these people rather than just on here. Reach out to people, see if they can help. But please dont slag off what myself and those who have helped me with the Kent mod because of your mistakes. This could have been handed so differently and instead, this is the path that was chosen and i definitely think its the wrong one.

Thank you for a level headed reply, it was needed. You are right, I didn't start this out to compete against anyone. But I released a mod that was aimed towards the work I have done on the fire service within it and people have decided to attack and compare it to others, not something that I wanted to get involved in but was ultimately dragged into. 

I will not be seeking permission from people to use their stuff as I have no intention of releasing it on here again. I honestly don't agree with why people are so hung up on this, it was just meant to be released for the enjoyment of others, not to take credit for other peoples work. I would argue that by removing the mod, that in itself is a form of competitiveness "I don't want people to use my work". Where as, I think, everyone should just allow everyone to use each others work without any issues. There are a lot of talented modders (including yourself, I have seen your Welfordshire videos on youtube), think of the fantastic mods that could have been released if there were no barriers. But trying to get held of people is a barrier, one which I recall struggling with many years ago with the creators of the London mod never replying.

Bit of a carrot attitude innit. Ego will always remain prevalent regardless. Maybe you don't agree with the rules that have been around since the modding scene for EM4 started. But to other's it's a simple rule we understand and utilise. Clearly it's caused issues, which can be reflected upon and simply now just move on. As TACR stated, maybe an apology is simply needed. However, your intentions isn't to do such thing. Damage is done, maybe it's just time to leave the modding community. As a consumer of mod's and also developing PRIVATE mod due to such issues like this. It does tarnish the modding community. Catch 22 as opinions will always conflict. 

Overall, my last question to this thread before I leave. If it took so long to make this mod and this is your final mod, why didn't you go through the effort of purely making it your own. In the sense of assets with permission and development done by yourself, instead of basically ripping London Mod? Just seems like a huge waste of time, when you know the rules... So you almost expected it to be removed. Since you already knew the rules and regulations of this community. Please don't take that question the wrong way. But it does put even V1 into legitimacy doubt. 

Guest e34p

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on the ego thing.

As far as I could tell, this community had died due to the lack of activity over the last few years. I tried to contact the London mod creators many years ago and had no joy, so I had reason to think that since there was no activity in the forum that there would be little point in attempting to contact people. 

As for leaving the community, I have already said I won't be releasing anything else as a result of this.

6 minutes ago, smudge58 said:

Overall, my last question to this thread before I leave. If it took so long to make this mod and this is your final mod, why didn't you go through the effort of purely making it your own. In the sense of assets with permission and development done by yourself, instead of basically ripping London Mod? Please don't take that question the wrong way. But it does put even V1 into legitimacy doubt. 

I only said it was the last time I would release something due to this backlash. Although I would argue the "legitimacy" of V1 comment.

I think it's right about time to call this an end. At the end of the day, we are aware of what's happened and only need to read the thread above. There will always be sides, and in this thread it is very clear. In my opinion, the last comment from e34p was a good place to call it quits without further input...

Topic is now closed for obvious reasons. I think the communities' stance on the treatment of content creators and their work has been made pretty clear.

The download was removed because it used content from a mod whose owners have explicitly said they do not want their work redistributed, edited or not. It is good that you originally tried to get permission, absolutely. Believing that you can do whatever you like when you got no reply? Not so much.

Bottom line is that this community and many great modders have been destroyed or driven away because of people constantly taking things that weren't theirs and claiming it as their own or re-releasing with no permission. As I said before, like it or not, this is stealing. You can spin it however you like, it doesn't change a thing. If you believe that the absence of an answer equals consent, you need to reevaluate a lot in life.

There is nothing more to be said here, opinions have been made clear. If you wish to post on this forum, and this goes for everybody (warnings have been given out), you follow the terms of service that you agreed to upon registering. If you want to waltz around without any sense of morality, go elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4