Guest e34p

Welfordshire V2

Guest e34p

Sorry everyone, seems that people are a little sore after not having their alias names mentioned in the read me and as a result the link has been removed.

It turns out that not crediting people, literally by their fake names, is a life and death situation.

Personally I think it’s ******* pathetic. The game came out 12 years ago, the community is basically dead. Yet people are still getting hung up by not being credited by name.

Why not just enjoy V2 for what it is rather than moaning for the sake of moaning?

Edited by e34p
Removed swearing

Guest e34p

Yep, we released it 6 years ago. I really don’t care if anyone releases it or not. If anything it’s flattering. It’s not like anyone is earning from any of this

This is what has put me off releasing mods, Stuff getting taken and used without permission is one of the most depressing things that can happen to modders and really un-motivates us to work. Im sure you could have just asked for permission and it would have most likely been granted. This is im pretty sure why one of the greatest of all time @itchboyhas retired from modding. All i would want from the community is for a respectful modding community and taking it without asking isnt that. Lets try to pick the UK community up rather than keep holding it down.

• Upvote 2

Guest e34p

You are completely right, the attitude of the community is disappointing. This will be the last mod I release. 

Most of the other UK mods are just the basic game with different models. This was a collection of all the best parts of the best mods. But if people didn’t want that then that’s fine. 
I have messaged people and asked for permission in the past few years, but as I said this community is basically dead and people don’t reply to messages because they no longer come here. 

I had absolutely nothing to gain by releasing this mod other than to let other people play it. I had already shared it with people I know in real life. 

7 minutes ago, smudge58 said:

Interesting attitude to have. I plan to release with absolutely no credits then http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png thanks 

Please do, you will be supporting my point

Guest e34p
3 minutes ago, 999madtom said:

I didn't know I had the skills to make a mod.

I guess I could just stick my name on a mod and claim I made it *shrugs*

You probably don’t *shrugs*

This is really disappointing to see. You would have thought that anyone creating a mod would have the common decency to credit original owners and not just publicly releasing content that doesn't even belong to them (London Mod).

As another big modder has said above @TACRfan (who does have the common decency to credit) - maybe you should take a leaf out of his book?

• Upvote 1

I feel your pain and totally get nobody responding whenever you try to reach out.

I do also feel it a bit cynical for mods to be released and people not want others to build on what they've done. For me, that feels like a great honour that others want to extend the playability of your mod. So really, anything released should really be forced to be under an MIT licence allowing anyone to build upon and re-release.

However, I personally find it pretty quick and easy to compile credits as I add things to mods. 

Guest e34p
4 minutes ago, XTXTactics said:

This is really disappointing to see. You would have thought that anyone creating a mod would have the common decency to credit original owners and not just publicly releasing content that doesn't even belong to them (London Mod).

As another big modder has said above @TACRfan (who does have the common decency to credit) - maybe you should take a leaf out of his book?

Like I said, I won't be releasing anything else in the future. The community had its chance to have an actually decent UK mod

6 minutes ago, 999madtom said:

I didn't know I had the skills to make a mod.

I guess I could just stick my name on a mod and claim I made it *shrugs*

You know what, that is a really valid point. Doesn't make us any better than this muppet though.

1 minute ago, smudge58 said:

Because people like you and OTHER's not just targeting you... Use assets like nothing. Disgusting attitude and disgusting behavior. Then people wonder why this community is near death or is in the bin. 

Again, completely agreed. Literally nobody is 'targeting' anyone. The situation stands that you just rip assets out of a 'collection of other mods' and claim for it to be your own. Don't know if it is just us decent people, but I would have thought it was common sense until now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, e34p said:

This will be the last mod I release. 

You quote this will be your last mod. If this is your mod anyway.... Ultimately, there was so much more potential with this mod. Rural elements and much more was a USP (Unique Selling Point) for V1. If you want the party of it being your last mod etc, Surly putting in that extra effort to make it unique and your own would have been a more viable option. 

I would like to point out, that quite often, this happens in ALL gaming/modding communities. However, each new case of this muppet based behavior happen, it just add's to the fire. If you kept with key USP's and elements that we all enjoyed regarding V1. May it have been better. All it involved is a simple apology for basically using assets that you didn't have perms to do so. If this is your last mod, maybe it's a hit and run situation. Release the mod and run to do other things other then EM4. 

Guest e34p
11 minutes ago, Mark_ said:

Sorry to break it to you, but theres still others out there working on better UK mods, that even have credits included

Such as?

8 minutes ago, smudge58 said:

You quote this will be your last mod. If this is your mod anyway.... Ultimately, there was so much more potential with this mod. Rural elements and much more was a USP (Unique Selling Point) for V1. If you want the party of it being your last mod etc, Surly putting in that extra effort to make it unique and your own would have been a more viable option. 

I would like to point out, that quite often, this happens in ALL gaming/modding communities. However, each new case of this muppet based behavior happen, it just add's to the fire. If you kept with key USP's and elements that we all enjoyed regarding V1. May it have been better. All it involved is a simple apology for basically using assets that you didn't have perms to do so. If this is your last mod, maybe it's a hit and run situation. Release the mod and run to do other things other then EM4. 

Like I said, this mod was primarily based on the fire service, the police and ambulance were an after thought that I wasn't concerned about. And at the end of the day, the map is just a map. I personally think that a good mod comes from the gameplay.

I literally have nothing to loose by the link being taken down. NOTHING. I'm keeping this argument up because I think everyone's response is over the top. This is only my last mod because of this reaction.

The reason communities die is because of the behaviour of people who can't see others using their work as a a compliment without having to be named.

All you had to say is sorry for not crediting people. I take pictures but if someone took one of mine from six years ago and published it as their own, I'd be very annoyed. It doesn't matter age, copyright still exists.

The mod was simply a sub-mod with some new content but with the map hardly changed. I'm sure a lot more effort could've gone into it but you've decided to end your modding here with Welfordshire (V1, although there was never a V2).

Aye no face no case.. oh wait. Hit and run and the damage is done. 

You quote "using their work as a a compliment" - To this, a very large element of this community, is getting permission to re-distribute assets. Well unless you been living under a rock, that's the way it always has been. 

You also comment about other decent mods... Since when was your ripped london mod a decent mod.

• Like 2

Guest e34p

Vegetable? Really?

1 minute ago, Mark_ said:

my submod of this mod im releasing without permission or credits 

Haha well played 😀 Please feel free to use my work (without credit), and if you release it I am only pleased that others get to play it.

And I don't agree that it was a submod. What I wanted from the mod was to release a mod with a realistic Uk fire service which functions well, everyhting else in the mod was there to support that.

3 minutes ago, smudge58 said:

To this, a very large element of this community, is getting permission to re-distribute assets. Well unless you been living under a rock, that's the way it always has been. 

Yes and this, in my opinion is where this community falls down, its unnecessary. 

Oh well, MY OPINION is the community fall's down from re-distribution without perms. This is KNOWN to kill EM4. Many mod developer's have gone because of this. Simple fact's, simple outline. 

Hell, all it needs is a meaningful apology, move on and poof situation gone (Until another incident crops up) All of this is opinion based observation. Whether insults or whatever has been thrown into the air. There is simple procedure's in-place. 

You keep saying about other UK mods being non-existent, do you forget about KentMod? You know, one of the largest UK mod's in CURRENT time. 

Guest e34p

Well what has just happened is a mod has just been pulled from release because people weren't happy with a blanket credit to everyone. And as a result the community has lost out on a mod.

I've actually had others tell me how they think its a good mod and how it has improved the fire service side of things. 

I'm not apologising, like I say, I have nothing to gain from it being released. I just wanted to let others the opportunity to play it.

What is new about the Kent Mod other than different looking vehicles? Don't get me wrong, they are good vehicles, but I don't see anything new other than that.

Hey sorry for not being capable of developing a polished mod. Trust me i wish i could. The Kent mod was developed to the best of my abilities at the time. I will say one thing though, everything added to that mod was entirely credited correctly and permission sought where necessary. Im not being funny but this would have been so much easier if you had just apologised, hell you might have even been able to keep the mod up, but oh no, you decided to attack the rest of the British community and make yourself look incapable of admitting mistakes. The British community should be working together, not competing against each other but its things like this that have made me not want to release my mod, and i know several other big names in the community feel the same. Its just the same old thing repeated every year.

Honestly Welfordshire V1 was and still is one of my favourite mods, all you have done is damage to your own reputation rather than just holding your hands up to it and then seeking permission to release. There are other ways to contact these people rather than just on here. Reach out to people, see if they can help. But please dont slag off what myself and those who have helped me with the Kent mod because of your mistakes. This could have been handed so differently and instead, this is the path that was chosen and i definitely think its the wrong one.

• Upvote 3

Ouch, 

2 minutes ago, e34p said:

Kent Mod other than different looking vehicles?

Isn't V2 of this mod just 99% London mod? (Oh can't forget that it was without permission)

Don't get me wrong, KentMod has improved from first version... Where as your's has basically gone down imo. But that's just my opinion.

Hell, tbh, Sussex mod (who got shut down for exact same reasons as what seen today) was far better then this shambles. Which again is my opinion. You come back after 6 years, release what is basically a Sub-Mod to London mod, without permission and is a total shambles. Then start basically claiming it to be yours. Then wonder why people are kicking up a fuss. Think! it just makes you look like a muppet almost. Granted you will have some that may enjoy your mod that had the chance to download it. But still, permissions is everything. Which to be a reputable member of this community, you need to understand. 

Overall, just a massive ego thing innit?