itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

On 5/20/2023 at 1:27 PM, happy_faceishere said:

Bug report, whenever I use the dispatcher after a while in the mod to call an als ambulance it randomly crashes for some reason, not sure if it is because I'm using the dispatcher too much or not.

I'll look into it

On 5/23/2023 at 10:10 AM, paleocacher said:

Oh I would love an Adam-12 expansion to this mod. The old RHD ambulances would look great in EM4.

I'm not in the position to set that up. But, if someone's going to volunteer to do it, I'd be down to help.

I've begun texturing the incomplete vehicle assets.

image.png
image.png

Civilian vehicles continue to be made.

Spoiler

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

• Like 3

On 6/10/2023 at 1:41 AM, AwesomeFireman2500 said:

Just found an old livery for the LAPD Helicopter. 

The Bell 47-G. 

I am interested in this helicopter but the modelling will be a challenge.

On 6/10/2023 at 2:47 AM, AwesomeFireman2500 said:

Found an old picture of a District Chief and a Chief's Aid setting up a command post. Would love to have that option for large scale incidents, such as structure fires.

I don't think I'll be doing this for the mod. I'd like to keep the scripts somewhat simple. I'm saving all the hardcore stuff for Montana mod.

On 6/10/2023 at 2:51 AM, AwesomeFireman2500 said:

Is it possible to retexture the the hospital to look like Central Recieving? Because I'm not sure what part of LA the mod takes place. 

Sorry man, I don't want to do anything to the map yet.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, KV-1 said:

Hey! Loving how the stuff looks since the last time I checked in, you reckon you'll ever expand Project Nostalgia to have other decades like the 70s and 60s in the future, or you do you think the 80s and 90s are good enough?

I'm sticking to 80s and 90s.

I will be focusing on civilian vehicles, assets for those years, and also 2000s stuff.

There are new additions to the civilian vehicle collection:

Spoiler

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

I have also begun texturing the unfinished civilian assets. More to come soon.

image.pngimage.png
image.png
image.png

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 6:30 PM, AwesomeFireman2500 said:

Saw this on an episode of Adam-12, is this an ambulance specialized for the use by the LAPD of transporting downed officers to Central Receiving Hospital?

20230522_181818.jpg

I had to do a little research because I was curious, but no, these weren't special to the LAPD. These were LA's first paramedic ambulances, prior to the Wedworth-Townsend act authorizing the paramedic squads of Emergency! fame. Besides operating out of Central Receiving, they were also stationed at certain police stations, presumably because they weren't part of the fire department yet. They were all repainted red and white by the LAFD in the early 70s. 

On 6/15/2023 at 3:18 AM, itchboy said:

I'm sticking to 80s and 90s.

I will be focusing on civilian vehicles, assets for those years, and also 2000s stuff.

There are new additions to the civilian vehicle collection:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

I have also begun texturing the unfinished civilian assets. More to come soon.

image.pngimage.png
image.png
image.png

Fair enough! Keep up the good work

31 minutes ago, miles451 said:

Looking good, pretty surprised that the amount of civilian vehicles is that high. Although once the models start populating the map then it really will show why that many is needed.

It's not helping my case that some of these vehicles aren't just for LA. There's other vehicles that have a role as emergency service in other places. Some of the European stuff I make could also be good for a retro UK or Europe mod.

I'm carrying a lot of momentum with this project and I'd like to be able to provide materials for others to start their own retro themed mods with.

• Like 6

I've been searching for a while but I've found a decent full-sized pickup for the USFS patrol/utility for the 1980s. Not an actual pickup bed like the 90s unit but as far as I've seen most of the older pickups had rear bodys like this.img_3_1688314499665.jpgimg_4_1688314503854.jpg

If you have any plans on adding some more USFS rigs into the mod I may be able to help with reference. I found a group while back that has a ton of photos of the old Chevy and GMC engines along with some others and even the Unimogs that the USFS had.

(Update:)  img_3_1688401629432.jpg

I found this photo which was interesting enough that I figured I'd tack it onto the post. Doesn't show anything new that isn't in my other post on this private EMS company.

• Like 4

On 7/3/2023 at 1:11 AM, miles451 said:

I've been searching for a while but I've found a decent full-sized pickup for the USFS patrol/utility for the 1980s. Not an actual pickup bed like the 90s unit but as far as I've seen most of the older pickups had rear bodys like this.

If you have any plans on adding some more USFS rigs into the mod I may be able to help with reference. I found a group while back that has a ton of photos of the old Chevy and GMC engines along with some others and even the Unimogs that the USFS had.

(Update:)  I found this photo which was interesting enough that I figured I'd tack it onto the post. Doesn't show anything new that isn't in my other post on this private EMS company.

Thank you for your hard work. The USFS trucks will definitely get an addition or two for the 80s.

I've been working on a side project of European retro vehicles instead of LA related things. It will be a side project I'll do as a break from doing American themed assets all the time.

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

I still have plans on continuing with more assets for this project, and then the major refresh and relighting of many police vehicles. No pictures on that yet.

For now I have only one additional civ coming to this mod. As a bonus, popup headlights are going to be animated on certain vehicles.

image.png
image.png

• Like 2