itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

On 3/7/2023 at 1:46 PM, AgentSmith6 said:

Incredible work as always with those civil cars. It makes me realize how sadly rare it is to see old American sedans in my neck of the woods nowadays. The Nissan Sentra could also be used someday in a Mexican mod, since they until recently were still produced in Mexico and commonly used as patrol cars.

Not sure if you've seen this before, but another unusual CHP cruiser from the 1980s, - an AMC Eagle. The page has some decent all-around shots as well as a description of the light package on the slicktop when in service. 

https://code3garage.com/california-highway-patrol-amc-eagle/

I have an AMC Concord model, but I could modify it into an Eagle fairly easily. I don't feel like adding that vehicle to the submod though.

That doesn't mean I won't make it.

I think I have an idea where I can put that. Perhaps a separate vehicle set could be made of extra or novelty vehicles.

Spoiler

image.png
image.png
I made this last week and it might have a place as a test CHP vehicle in a separate pack of extras.

Spoiler

image.png
image.png

This one's also been made and is destined for civilian use. However there are unconfirmed claims (see attached picture) that LAPD used these for unmarked duty. If evidence can be produced, then it goes into the LAPD fleet.

unknown.png 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, StarGazer said:

Excuse me for the dumb question, but how exatly do I properly install this Submod where I can properly choose between modern vehicles and the 80's/90's vehicles? I must've done it wrong yesterday because I couldn't get it to work.

Place the Nostalgia Mod folder in your EM4 Mods folder, like so:

C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 Deluxe\Mods\Project Nostalgia Submod

C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 Deluxe\Mods\Project Nostalgia Submod\Audio

C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 Deluxe\Mods\Project Nostalgia Submod\Emitters

And so forth. Then load the modification in the game menu. 

That makes sense, there are plenty of unique CHP units in the game already, that it might sense to create some sort of bonus pack.

You've probably seen this group on FB, but it has some really interesting photos of the lighting equipment and upfitting of older LAPD units along with some older General Services Police cruisers

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=191320378666022&set=g.364281704315147

i-img600x450-1606526410tvhejo272.png

I'm really proud to report that more LASD spec has been found. The most interesting vehicle here is the wagon, however all of these vehicles are a trip to have found.

Sadly, no higher resolution has been found. If anyone has a lead on this book, please feel free to share.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 1:05 PM, itchboy said:

i-img600x450-1606526410tvhejo272.png

I'm really proud to report that more LASD spec has been found. The most interesting vehicle here is the wagon, however all of these vehicles are a trip to have found.

Sadly, no higher resolution has been found. If anyone has a lead on this book, please feel free to share.

I used google image search and it appears that this comes from a Japanese book that is a "world police catalog" with the year stated on it being 1978. It also contains pictures of more vehicle, though they aren't from LA, beside a picture of a LASD van. But I did find another website that had an extra page to preview and it contains a few CHP vehicles. https://history.aucfan.com/yahoo/h1026174156/ask/   and https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o440507340 are where these pictures can be found. It seems to be a e-bay type website so you might even be able to buy it, it seems. Honestly I think it might be a good idea to start using google images more often, I didn't realize till now that this tool is really useful, you can use it to find the original source which can lead to even more finds and if you find nothing from the original source, you can always copy an image of those old cars and paste it into google image search and it gives to similar pictures. Edit: I have continued to search and I noticed that i'm seeing a lot about this Wild Mook thing, looked it up and it's published by a guy named Haruo Mizuno , he loved American cops and managed to get ride alongs with NYPD and the LAPD and has apparently published "about a dozen books on this topic", so that might be something to follow.h1026174156.1.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 3/28/2023 at 7:39 AM, NoYes said:

I used google image search and it appears that this comes from a Japanese book that is a "world police catalog" with the year stated on it being 1978. It also contains pictures of more vehicle, though they aren't from LA, beside a picture of a LASD van. But I did find another website that had an extra page to preview and it contains a few CHP vehicles. https://history.aucfan.com/yahoo/h1026174156/ask/   and https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o440507340 are where these pictures can be found. It seems to be a e-bay type website so you might even be able to buy it, it seems. Honestly I think it might be a good idea to start using google images more often, I didn't realize till now that this tool is really useful, you can use it to find the original source which can lead to even more finds and if you find nothing from the original source, you can always copy an image of those old cars and paste it into google image search and it gives to similar pictures. Edit: I have continued to search and I noticed that i'm seeing a lot about this Wild Mook thing, looked it up and it's published by a guy named Haruo Mizuno , he loved American cops and managed to get ride alongs with NYPD and the LAPD and has apparently published "about a dozen books on this topic", so that might be something to follow.

Thanks for all the info and the finds.

Turns out, this book already helped us before - it's earlier in the thread.

Back in 2021, someone was able to provide some pages from that magazine. It is the reason that we have complete LA Airport Police. The name of Haruo Mizuno seemed familiar and it looks like he has helped us already.

Rest in Peace to his soul. If only he knew how he has helped us.

I was not aware there was even more information on the agencies. It's nice seeing there's some retro SFPD and more LASD in there.

Here is the latest batch of civilian vehicles. I am looking forward to getting them ingame.

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Thanks for all the info and the finds.

Turns out, this book already helped us before - it's earlier in the thread.

Back in 2021, someone was able to provide some pages from that magazine. It is the reason that we have complete LA Airport Police. The name of Haruo Mizuno seemed familiar and it looks like he has helped us already.

Rest in Peace to his soul. If only he knew how he has helped us.

I was not aware there was even more information on the agencies. It's nice seeing there's some retro SFPD and more LASD in there.

Here is the latest batch of civilian vehicles. I am looking forward to getting them ingame.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png
image.png

looking good, looking forward to the civilian vehicles it'll definitely bring some more retro atmosphere to the mod.

A while ago, I found out that CARE had a website before Falck took them over. Using wayback, I was able to find some older era CARE units from the early to mid 80s. Most have an older logo before the adoption of the logo they carried until the end. (Most of these are cropped in order to make the post smaller as the photos were a part of website banners.)

642127873_11(1).jpg.51c270d2af832c994905451d13cb8f0f.jpg1st.jpg.b0e6846bb0fe9635c349622000aac2d9.jpg356347699_2(6).jpg.0abe487f08cfdce5a0ab1c132029cede.jpg

I'm not sure if I ever shared this one, but I figured I'd share it in case I haven't. This one is dated sometime in the 90s. 421831352_CARE-Ambulance-1990s-700x300(1)(1).jpg.f74515f0b3bc22920c04f5836f3342f0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to you all, for a short while I have had a massive interest for this mod,  I downloaded it a couple years ago and I have to say it is quite impressive. Recently, after some discussion with Itchboy regarding this mod, I have decided to conduct extensive research for the past hour, I have dug into finding some references for the Los Angeles County Fire Department in regards to this mod. If you would like  please look at them to see if any of them are fit for this mod, if they are or if they are not  please message on this topic board as soon as you can. 

Spoiler

T170.JPG

DSC_0292_1.JPG

LAC_Camp_2_App_Bay__Small_.jpg

LACoFDT5181.JPG

E582ALF.jpg

LACoFD_Foam_127.jpg

LAC_T_82.jpg

LAC_E_5191.jpg

DSC04140a.jpg

LAC_T_86.jpg

IMG_0465_1.JPG

IMG_5193.jpg

LACoFDE583resize.jpg

LACo-L20-1993-SimDup-LTI-100-SS.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

002.jpg

Scan1045.jpg

Scan1043.jpg

Scan1040.jpg

Scan1028.jpg

Scan1030.jpg

Scan1017.jpg

Scan1021.jpg

Scan1048.jpg

Scan1054.jpg

Scan1050.jpg

Scan1211.jpg

Scan1053.jpg

Scan1047.jpg

Scan1212.jpg

Scan1014.jpg

Scan1013.jpg

LACOFD ENGINE 127.JPG

003-2_zpsb316cf3a.jpg

LAC Deluge 87.jpg

141_zpscmpc9g3k.jpg

seagravesquirt.jpg

00000021.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Turk_WLF said:

Just a silly question.. how do we know when a new update-bug fix drops? It has been awhile since I played the game & visit this site.

Thanks,

If the mod is uploaded Via the downloads tab/File base section, if you click on the mod it will say the date it was created, and underneath of that it will show when the last update was. There might be a better way but that's how I usually check.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2023 at 12:53 AM, miles451 said:

looking good, looking forward to the civilian vehicles it'll definitely bring some more retro atmosphere to the mod.

A while ago, I found out that CARE had a website before Falck took them over. Using wayback, I was able to find some older era CARE units from the early to mid 80s. Most have an older logo before the adoption of the logo they carried until the end. (Most of these are cropped in order to make the post smaller as the photos were a part of website banners.)

I'm not sure if I ever shared this one, but I figured I'd share it in case I haven't. This one is dated sometime in the 90s. 

On 3/31/2023 at 3:48 AM, AwesomeFireman2500 said:

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to you all, for a short while I have had a massive interest for this mod,  I downloaded it a couple years ago and I have to say it is quite impressive. Recently, after some discussion with Itchboy regarding this mod, I have decided to conduct extensive research for the past hour, I have dug into finding some references for the Los Angeles County Fire Department in regards to this mod. If you would like  please look at them to see if any of them are fit for this mod, if they are or if they are not  please message on this topic board as soon as you can. 

Thank you both for all the pictures.

The CARE stuff is really sweet and I now have a reason to make another variation.

The county FD stuff is quite suitable but I won't make every vehicle. Maybe a few engines.

More civ cars:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, itchboy said:

Thank you both for all the pictures.

The CARE stuff is really sweet and I now have a reason to make another variation.

The county FD stuff is quite suitable but I won't make every vehicle. Maybe a few engines.

More civ cars:

Reveal hidden contents

Looking good, itchboy.

• Upvote 1

When I try to use the dispatch button it crashes my game. But other than that i love the car models. I tried reinstalling the mod and if i try to use the dispatch group 1 and/or the dispatch command that the chief/supervisors have it crashes my game any fixes?

On 3/13/2023 at 3:01 AM, itchboy said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png
image.png

This one's also been made and is destined for civilian use. However there are unconfirmed claims (see attached picture) that LAPD used these for unmarked duty. If evidence can be produced, then it goes into the LAPD fleet.

unknown.png 

Correct me if I'm wrong but iirc this is a Lumina. I just came across a post in the LAPD cars and equipment FB group and someone mentioned a 1997 Lumina having been in service with the LAPD. Not sure if it is a unmarked unit or a admin car of some kind as he did not specify but it might be a good place to start.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/364281704315147/permalink/1422295441847096/ 

Here's the post that the comment is located in. You may have to dig to find the comment in question.

On 4/16/2023 at 7:34 AM, miles451 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but iirc this is a Lumina. I just came across a post in the LAPD cars and equipment FB group and someone mentioned a 1997 Lumina having been in service with the LAPD. Not sure if it is a unmarked unit or a admin car of some kind as he did not specify but it might be a good place to start.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/364281704315147/permalink/1422295441847096/ 

Here's the post that the comment is located in. You may have to dig to find the comment in question.

Thanks for the tip on this.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:13 PM, sportsguy672 said:

When I try to use the dispatch button it crashes my game. But other than that i love the car models. I tried reinstalling the mod and if i try to use the dispatch group 1 and/or the dispatch command that the chief/supervisors have it crashes my game any fixes?

I don't know what's causing this or why some users have it, but others do not.

On 4/9/2023 at 4:13 PM, sportsguy672 said:

Have you updated your mod recently? I haven't had this crash since after the old LAFD Patrol was added.

More civs coming to this project:

Spoiler

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

I have not neglected the playable units. There's a major revision coming to alot of models. They will have better shaping and texturing in the upcoming update. Here's the new front end on the Caprice models:

image.png

There's also new front end models for the Chevy squarebody trucks:
image.png
image.png

And a few more revisions to playable models like the F series trucks, Plymouth classic sedans and more.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3