itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

I don't think that you would like to introduce this into the mod, cuz is a recruitmen vehicle, but a strange vehicle for a North American Polce Department,... well... Sheriff in this case

May be an image of car, outdoors and text that says 'Universal Sheraton Hotel ወድY TOYOTA SHERIFF Photo Credit: Shaw's ChrisSh Angeles Û.o16 County Sheff Drive Sheriff SHERIFF'

PS: A bit more information and link to the original Facebook post: LASD Toyota Mini-Van, Federal Jetsonic lightbar - Circa 1986

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=118528867690513&set=gm.6177090178976656&idorvanity=1002909883061404

• Like 2

I have some pictures of the GMC tank wagons that may be useful if you decide to implement them in the future

The last one is pne of the wagons after conversion into a helicopter tender, it is the only rear shot I've found. I do not know how the rear bed looks but it's probably similar to the yankee bodys on the GMC Brush rigs with 4 hose sections.

Los Angeles City Fire Department - LAFD T77.jpeg

20221023_140216.jpg

ca_los_angeles_retired_heli_tender_(3)-1.jpg

20221023_140222.jpg

http://www.usfirepolice.net/ca_california/ca_lafd/ca_lafd_retired_tanker.html there's also this page that has 2 good photos of these rigs.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AngryHippo said:

Hello everybody,

This mod is great, but is anybody else having a problem regarding HAZMAT situations and not being able to clear them? I've taken the vehicle, barrels out of play and cleaned the victims, but the call seems to remain. Anybody else having this issue?

Are you sending all victims to the hospital, even after you treat them?

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2022 at 4:00 PM, paleocacher said:

Found this 1978 Chrysler Newport LAPD car. Neat tribute car even though the lighting is wrong. Do you think the LAPD actually used Chrysler Newports though?

You inspired me to do it as a civilian asset, Here it is in work in progress. This car also got used by several other departments across North America so it should be useful for other retro modders.

Spoiler

unknown.png
unknown.png

On 10/22/2022 at 9:04 AM, miles451 said:

I did find an older CHP camero awhile back, CHP bought 12, 1979 Z28 cameros for testing prior to buying the 83 mustangs. They ended up being a bust for CHP and only 3 remained in service, these being the 3 around the LA area. (the other 9 blew their engines)

Not quite sure whether to include it or not if it was such an unreliable vehicle. 9 blown motors doesn't sound like it was fit for service at all.

On 10/23/2022 at 10:16 PM, miles451 said:

Have a few more photos to share, the book had a picture of an early USAR trailer I'd like to share.

Also found some photos of command 1 in the 2000s and one with the original semi, the original rig was replaced with a 1969 rig that was originally used for dozer transports.

I have a really jank idea for the command trailers - perhaps it could be our semi-fictional substitute for the LA mod MCU unit. The USAR trailer is cool too but I like the look of the Heavy Utility spawned at the station more than that. Thank you for sharing more of the book. It's really helpful. 

On 10/24/2022 at 2:18 AM, miles451 said:

I have some pictures of the GMC tank wagons that may be useful if you decide to implement them in the future

Thanks for sharing. The challenge with these rigs is figuring out how these will be any different from the water tenders, or any other engine.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:43 AM, warmaster23rat said:

Another suggestion: FBI SWAT/HRT

Thank you for sharing but I don't think I'll be including HRT/SRT into the mod just yet.

On 10/25/2022 at 5:59 AM, AngryHippo said:

Hello everybody,

This mod is great, but is anybody else having a problem regarding HAZMAT situations and not being able to clear them? I've taken the vehicle, barrels out of play and cleaned the victims, but the call seems to remain. Anybody else having this issue?

The ambulances in this mod can transport walking/standing people to hospital. It currently serves no function other than roleplay.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:08 AM, miles451 said:

Nice video. I won't go this far but it's nice to know what it looked like.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The idea for having the command rig as a Proto-fictional MCU is a pretty good idea, instead of saying command unit 1 it could instead say mass casualty unit 1, that is your own call though im just throwing a suggestion out there. The rig itself is really interesting and it would be nice to see it included in some sort of usage even if it is fictional.

On another note, if anyone who's been here for awhile remember the Sepulveda flood picture with the blazer and ward I may have found out what station that rig belonged to during the flood. the picture shows engine 288 rescuing a civilian during the flood, the post itself mentions that engine 88 was stranded on the Burbank overpass by rapidly rising water and the crew had to be evacuated by helicopter.

img_2_1666732665342.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 7:38 PM, itchboy said:

Not quite sure whether to include it or not if it was such an unreliable vehicle. 9 blown motors doesn't sound like it was fit for service at all.

Oddly enough the 3 in the LA area never suffered a engine failure, which sounds ironic considering how LA has car chase after car chase nowadays. The other 9 would eventually have improvements made that would prevent further engine failures. (4 bolt main replacements) 

(Apologies for the double post, I thought I was editing my previous post.)

I also came across this interesting chevy ambulance without the full lightbar. The rig next to it has an R to denote reserve status.

ca_los_angeles_retired_logo_(4)-1.jpg

I also found some really good photos of the early Ford ambulances. 

Paramedic Rescue Ambulance August 1972Paramedic Rescue Ambulance August 1972Paramedic Rescue Ambulance August 1972Paramedic Rescue Ambulance August 1972

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/26/2022 at 1:59 AM, AgentSmith6 said:

Forgive me if it's too off-topic, but does anyone what the LAPD Broncos and Blazers and the blue and white livery were used for? Were they used as patrol vehicles or part of a special unit like SWAT or EOD?

If I had to bet those probably belonged to the bomb squad. Maybe on Catalina Island as well? I know LASD has a presence out there, not sure about LAPD though.

• Like 1

Couple of suggestions:

1. Edit the battalion chiefs station path so they arent driving straight through the station bays. 

2. Make private ambulances go on patrol after taking victims to the hospital

3. Add a separate unit for the SWAT tank (I forgot the units name sadly) equipped with a water cannon for unauthorized demonstrations

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LT_Shadow said:

3. Add a separate unit for the SWAT tank (I forgot the units name sadly) equipped with a water cannon for unauthorized demonstrations

I don't believe that the Cadillac APC had a water cannon irl, that's why it does not have that function in the mod. 

I will also add that I've noticed calling a private ambulance via the dispatch system will buy a new one everytime instead of using the available units.

• Like 1

I have some interesting LASD/CHP photos to share. First is a interesting LASD caprice followed by a few shots of LASD Blazers

For CHP I have a single photo of a full white Ramcharger and GMC Jimmy 

The GMC doesn't have much info on it but is claimed to be a legit CHP used vehicle. I can't confirm that it was though the only 4x4s that I've seen alot of photos of are the ramchargers and 90s model broncos.

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/fc/capdcars/chp/chp2.html I came across this site which has some good photos.

lasdchevy88-vi.jpg

IMG_9051.jpeg

IMG_7875.jpeg

IMG_9050.jpeg

10329121_1034438163290492_8099660052204558631_n.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, miles451 said:

I don't believe that the Cadillac APC had a water cannon irl, that's why it does not have that function in the mod. 

I will also add that I've noticed calling a private ambulance via the dispatch system will buy a new one everytime instead of using the available units.

That's why I put it as a suggestion. More of a temporary model. Could also be a prototype in that era. But whatever. Author's choice

As for the private ambulance have you tried putting them on standby? Or does the dispatcher just do the same thing?

• Like 1