itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

After a little bit more digging a came across a facebook group with some more info on the bowers Cadillac: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1567333066864709/permalink/3159661474298519/

The group also had some good photos on a Risher ambulance, according to the group that particular ambulance was the last Cadillac ambulance to operate in the LA county area

(Edit:) I found some more reference for adams ambulance service aswell.

img_1_1665432272800.jpg

img_2_1665428210642.jpg

img_1_1665425521461.jpg

img_1_1665428183573.jpg

img_3_1665441586967.jpg

img_2_1665441460226.jpg

img_1_1665441337012.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, miles451 said:

After a little bit more digging a came across a facebook group with some more info on the bowers Cadillac: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1567333066864709/permalink/3159661474298519/

The group also had some good photos on a Risher ambulance, according to the group that particular ambulance was the last Cadillac ambulance to operate in the LA county area

(Edit:) I found some more reference for adams ambulance service aswell.

Thank you for sharing these. I think you've tipped me over the edge on doing these hearse style vehicles.

Can you please send me to where you found the Adams stuff? Now that you've provided these pictures, I think I'm a go for including Adams into the EMS fleet as well.

10 hours ago, miles451 said:

I have a couple of pictures of more unique crown engines and a Thibault rig, I may have already posted this video link in the past but I'm not quite sure. A good walk around of one of the Thibaults with a cab. From what I can gather the maxim ladders were refitted to these rigs after the originals developed cracks.

Thibault was also used by Miami Dade FD. Perhaps I can put these together someday as a two birds, one stone plan. It is definitely a unique cab. Just not sure on the tiller body and different ladder parts. Can't really make those without really good pictures.

10 hours ago, KV-1 said:

Righto, thanks! The mack is a 45u and the kenworth is a 50s bullnose, that's about all I can get down, good luck with the other tankers!

Thank you for the information on the cabs. I'll have a go at retro semi trucks much later in the future, so thanks for suggesting some more.

Here's a bit of news. This picture was just posted on ebay. Guess what it means?

unknown.png

The only thing I'm missing is a rear picture. If anyone can find it, please do. I really want to add this rig, and some border patrol, as a "bonus content pack" for the mod, to be included as a separate download.

And yet another thing I want to post here for historical preservation, is an extremely unusual LACoFD KME engine.unknown.png

• Like 4

https://m.facebook.com/groups/132080200200645/

This is the group page where I found the adams pictures, those were part of larger photo sets I cropped down to the ambulances themselves.

(Edit:) I've found these two photos for the ATF van, one is the van at the Dupont plaza incident which unfortunately is a side shot but does show what looks to be a ladder on the back, and the second looks to be the same truck (Can somewhat make out ATF up towards the top for the doors. And I assume the bottom says explosive investigation. ) although it's very low res. 

p20007cf2g72001.jpg

060109-historical-nrt-responds-overseas-7.jpg

• Like 2

I was able to enhance the picture that I posted last night. Interesting that the back lettering is written in red instead of black.

I doubt this is the same vehicle but this video might help aswell.

(Edit, I've found two more shots of the van from the other side. Interestingly one has a lightbar to adhere to Florida regulations.

While searching I found this photo which is the first I've seen of when station 105 had one of the crown TDA, it's not very good quality wise but I figured others would find it interesting.

p20007cf2g72001 (1).jpg

img_2_1665523379900.jpg

img_1_1665523333367.jpg

s-l400.jpg

• Like 3

Here's something really interesting I found yesterday, A crown coach which was purchased by the US government for wartime use. There were plans for the government to order more but these plans were canceled due to the cost of production.

img_2_1665534904831.jpg

img_1_1665534898213.jpg

img_1_1665534862623.jpg

Got a couple more pictures of LAFD apparatus, two of LAs mammoth 1963 2000gpm crown pumper, Shot of the Bullnose kenworth in reserve tanker status. The last one I have is one I found awhile ago but the quality wasn't so good, Truck 63s crown rig somewhere at the factory before being sent to LA for trials.

img_1_1665592762261.jpg

img_1_1665593287065.jpg

img_2_1665592813739.jpg

img_3_1665592852270.jpg

I found some more pics on the Thibault rigs, i couldn't find any of rear shots though. I did find out in the book that 1976 was the year that the ladders were refitted with 100ft maxim ladders (same ladders the seagrave and crown rigs had).

The outriggers are one thing I hoped I could get a clear shot of since they are completely different from the other 2 rigs.

ca_los_angeles_retired_ladder_61-1.jpg

20221012_211151.jpg

ca_los_angeles_retired_ladder_4_(2)-1.jpg

img_3_1665609340067.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Naval And Marine Corps Reserve Center 1700 Stadium WayNaval And Marine Corps Reserve Center 1700 Stadium Way

I managed to find two decent pictures of the Thibault with the outriggers down, they might be useful if you do decide to implement the rigs in the future. (I did find some photos of the Metro-Dade rig along with some other unique apparatus.)

I know this was mentioned in the past, is there any plans to implement canopy variants for the open top rigs? I do have some pictures if anything is needed.

I do also have some suggestions for retro semis if you need anymore. Some GM rigs would be good additions, like the GMC General and 1972 Chevy C60. And some cabover trucks like the Pete 352 and White Road Commander.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/12/2022 at 3:58 AM, miles451 said:

I was able to enhance the picture that I posted last night. Interesting that the back lettering is written in red instead of black.

Miles, you are the man. Thank you so much for your contributions to helping this project out. You are definitely getting a special mention in the next version's update.

On 10/12/2022 at 6:39 PM, miles451 said:

As to not overwhelm myself, I'll start with the Crown tiller and move to the Thibault at a later date. I'd like to take this one at a time now that I have a fairly large backlog of assets to make.

I still haven't finished the civilian cars and helicopters that I promised, too. I am hustling along at my own pace but things are being worked on.

On 10/17/2022 at 3:39 PM, Anto Mart said:

I am in that Facebook group, actually. Thank you for sharing, it is indeed a great resource, though sometimes, imperfect.

On 10/18/2022 at 2:32 AM, miles451 said:

I absolutely will be adding in the fire apparatus with the fireberglass tops. They won't be modelled by me, but by someone in the community who I've been teaching to make assets.

I am not sure on those other suggestions, even if I think they are interesting. I'll have to do some extensive research on each truck and cab (in it's civilian form) before I can turn them into appartus. The plan is to produce a civilian truck for NPC purposes, a base asset for anyone to use in their mods, and then the LAFD apparatus lastly. I do appreciate you listing these down for me, that way I can save this information and come back to it when I am ready.

Speaking of civilian assets, I think I have finally found the motivation to continue making them. We are on our way to achieving the original goal I set out.

Spoiler

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

I've had these assets sitting unfinished for a long time. I finally got around to finishing them, and like the other civilian assets, and unfinished playable ones, I will be texturing these by hopefully Dec-early next year to release v1 of the civ vehicle set.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 10/18/2022 at 8:27 PM, itchboy said:

I am not sure on those other suggestions, even if I think they are interesting. I'll have to do some extensive research on each truck and cab (in it's civilian form) before I can turn them into appartus. The plan is to produce a civilian truck for NPC purposes, a base asset for anyone to use in their mods, and then the LAFD apparatus lastly. I do appreciate you listing these down for me, that way I can save this information and come back to it when I am ready.

The rigs that I suggested weren't used by LAFD to my knowledge, I only suggested them for the civilian assets. I wanted to clear that up so there wouldn't be any confusion in the future if or when you come back to these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miles451 said:

The rigs that I suggested weren't used by LAFD to my knowledge, I only suggested them for the civilian assets. I wanted to clear that up so there wouldn't be any confusion in the future if or when you come back to these.

Thanks for clarifying. I re-read it and completely misunderstood the context.

Spoiler

I have more coming on the way.unknown.png
unknown.png

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, Squad 51 was used by LA county after fliming as a reserve squad. There were also a few later year model Dodge D series squads similar to 51 in service in late 70s and 80s.

(Note that rescue squad was replaced with paramedic on the doors)

(Edit) I stumbled arcoss a photo archive site that I'd figured I'd share as it could probably help anyone looking for older EMS photos. Emsclassics.com has a good archive of older EMS photos from alot of different areas around the US and some places in Canada

Squad 51 when she was in service with the Los Angeles County Fire Department as a Reserve Squad_ Note on the door where it says _Paramedic_ rather than _Rescue Squad.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, paleocacher said:

I believe this was confirmed to be un-legit. However, a Newport would be a nice civilian asset.

18 hours ago, pianyin said:

我觉得旧版的报警灯比这个版本更漂亮。我发现其中一辆车是方形的,它并不完美。我希望它会在下一个版本中得到改进

This site has a rule that advises use of English. Please use a translator, or ask someone you know to translate for you.

7 hours ago, Sangmi said:

Would love to see Squad 51 end up in the mod.

Beautiful work as always, I use this more often than regular LA mod now.

Oh hey man. Welcome back.

I might try something similar to 51, but not exactly the same rig. I don't want to do the TV rigs unless it's for a specific vehicle pack.

1 hour ago, miles451 said:

Thank you for sharing. I thought the screen used vehicles were just mock-ups made to accuracy, not real rigs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

I believe this was confirmed to be un-legit. However, a Newport would be a nice civilian asset.

This site has a rule that advises use of English. Please use a translator, or ask someone you know to translate for you.

I might try something similar to 51, but not exactly the same rig. I don't want to do the TV rigs unless it's for a specific vehicle pack.

Thank you for sharing. I thought the screen used vehicles were just mock-ups made to accuracy, not real rigs.

Oh I know that that Newport was a homage car or something, I was just curious if they ever actually did use Newports in the LAPD and thought you'd enjoy seeing the car as a car that might've existed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, warmaster23rat said:

Suggestion: Add peroid accurate California National Guard

2 hours ago, miles451 said:

In the past I think national guard wasn't going to be included because of the amount of work it would need, I can't say for sure now though

I did find some photos that were quite odd, a few humvees present during the riots had steady burns mounted to them.

I probably won't include these, because they currently serve no purpose. I will, however, add them later on if a mission or map can be added in that would justify it's use, and the creation of person models for the NG members.

Feel free to share more of what you can find, it's nice seeing their old spec regardless.

I also have a bit of an announcement. It's somewhat unrelated to PN but I have nowhere else to put it.

unknown.png

I am currently making a 65-66 Stang. This isn't just for civilian cars, but also as an intended replacement for the vanilla Getaway Car in the game.

The model isnt quite done but I'll be sure to post an update when it is completed. It will be worked on as a separate project and download link to PN.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Separately, I completeld this model some months back. This car is too new for Project Nostalgia unfortunately.

However, it is perfect as a replacement for the CHP Camaro model. Hoppah's model walked, so that mine could run.

A proper replacement for the CHP Camaro is in the works, however it will be a separate project unrelated to PN. To be clear, this is a lower priority asset and will be done as a bonus at an indeterminate timeframe.

• Like 4

I did find an older CHP camero awhile back, CHP bought 12, 1979 Z28 cameros for testing prior to buying the 83 mustangs. They ended up being a bust for CHP and only 3 remained in service, these being the 3 around the LA area. (the other 9 blew their engines)

https://code3garage.com/california-highway-patrol-1979-z28-camaro/ here's the article that this info is from

california_highway_patrol_1979_z28_camaro-1.jpg

california_highway_patrol_1979_z28_camaro-feature.jpg

california_highway_patrol_1979_z28_camaro-5.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 10:37 PM, itchboy said:

Long time no speak. Had to move back to the states and life just caught up with me for a while.

I didn't mean 51 itself but moreso just a Dodge paramedic squad. Something about that truck just really does it for me.

• Like 1

I have some more photos to share, I have a couple photos of the crown rigs with fiberglass tops, one of which (Engine 99) has a factory top, there was 3 with a factory top but I have only found one photo. 256 is an interesting one aswell as it has the old deck gun and siren. 

I have also found a rig that the LA shops used 3 apparatus to create. I do not know how long this rig went on to serve afterwards though 

LACity_pumper203h.jpg

LACity_pumper1b-797x536.jpg

LACity_pumperF1462-E288-715x450.jpg

15625618_584989435020315_3834052491453590130_o (1).jpg

LACity_pumper256b-780x533.jpg

LFD T-69 (2).jpg

LACity_Truck38h (1).jpg

c09dd948-e8f1-4399-9bb7-45ce50703529.jpeg

I also happened across a AMC Matador wagon, Looks almost like the same model as the matador in the mod already. (I will also note the photo is dated 1981 according to LAFDHS)

I also came across this interesting LAFD battalion car, this would've been present at the culver fire in 76. I haven't been able to pin-point a brand or model yet.

9435320290_b235a990a2.jpg

Screenshot_20221022-200341_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221022-200426_YouTube.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, miles451 said:

Thank you so much for sharing these. There's already production started on the fiberglass tops, although this one's not in my hands as it is someone generously helping me with them. These pictures will be helpful for the process of making them.

The wagon is a great picture, I am only aware of three wagons they have that fit the timeline:

- 78/79 Impala (in the mod)

- 74-78 Matador (your picture, I will make this model soon)

- 71 Satellite (I don't even have the sedan model, let alone the wagon. This will take a while I'm afraid)

As for the chief car? That there thing is a 1970 or 71 Oldsmobile 88. LAFD also ran a bunch of 1968-69 models. I think it would be a pushing it a bit too far for this mod's timeline, however, that fullsize big barge of a sedan would be a really good inclusion as a civilian vehicle. I like the look of it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3