itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

1 hour ago, miles451 said:

The title is Horses to Horsepower 

It was compiled by Dave Cox and Walt Jaeger and the LAFDHS.

Thank you, and bless that organization. They helped me find a good amount of what I needed for this project.

I hope they can someday see my project and what I've been able to make. Sadly they haven't responded by email or social media.

Hello, unfortunately I have a new bug to report. I was playing the forest fire mission and when I clicked the rapid deploy button on one of the engines, all of the engines and firefighters on the map turned invisible. The button had worked just fine on previous missions and for the previous several minutes into this mission, so it was probably a one time, freak glitch. But I thought I should share it.

20220807152130_1.jpg

6 hours ago, miles451 said:

In mission 8 ordering the convoy to proceed froze the game, and it crashed to desktop with no error message.

I haven't been able to update to 1.02 yet so if this has already been fixed you can disregard this.

That's a new thing for me. It worked fine for me when I tested the other day.

1 hour ago, paleocacher said:

Hello, unfortunately I have a new bug to report. I was playing the forest fire mission and when I clicked the rapid deploy button on one of the engines, all of the engines and firefighters on the map turned invisible. The button had worked just fine on previous missions and for the previous several minutes into this mission, so it was probably a one time, freak glitch. But I thought I should share it.

I think this is a limitation of the rapid deploy system, not something specific to my projects. I've had this happen before in a bunch of mods when I click rapid deploy and water cannon at the same time really quickly. The reason it does this is the Em4 hose logic gets confused sometimes. The solution is to undeploy the fire engine that triggered the glitch.

• Upvote 2

On 8/6/2022 at 10:49 PM, itchboy said:

In the first place, I removed that one because it was confirmed not-legit. However I know there are fans of it; I have a Vector Caprice unit in store for the future for another agency, one that I previously said I wouldn't make. I'll be reusing that asset for this one.

You could PM me if it's too massive, but I would like all the LAFD content it has. I am also interested in retro apparatus of other cities, specifically SF, Vegas, Miami, and Chicago. 

I had a feeling that might be the case, I'm very excited for whatever agency that might be (I won't ruin the surprise with any guesses). 

If you need any more photos from the Special Police Vehicles book let me know, I think you should have most of the photos from the LA City/County section. That book is also a worthwhile addition to your collection.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:55 AM, Br0k3nexe said:

How do you install it?

Download the "file" from the download page, the "file" is a notepad file with a link to the actual download, download the files, put them in a folder and then put that folder in 911 first responders mods file.

On 7/23/2022 at 3:24 PM, itchboy said:

I've been away due to circumstances beyond my control. I won't be as active posting for the foreseeable future but I will still continue to make content for this project and Montana Mod, and I will still manage the obligations requested of me from other content creators.

In the meantime I've been able to make some progress on the submod.

I do not have any civilians or aircraft, helicopters finished currently.

I was quite worried about you. I am glad that see that our Sheriff is back in town. Keep it up buddy, you are doing great

• Like 3

Howdy! Am I the only one who's having some issues with the LACoFD Engine's Lightbar? I see the little beams from the rotator but nothing on the lightbar itself lights up, except for a steady burn. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. Thanks, Kevlar

• Like 2

Hello! I'm new to the forum, however, wanted to report an issue, or possibly learn the way the mod functions. When playing Free Play, Hazmat Calls do not want to complete, am I doing something wrong, or is it a possible bug?

What I do, is respond ambulances, and the Hazmat Truck. Repair the leak in the container, treat the patients, place the patients in an ambulance and then transport them. Once I clear the scene, the call stays and doesn't want to complete. It also doesn't allow more calls to spawn, even if I let the game run for 5-10 minutes.

Am I supposed to respond a unit to clear the scene similar to the battalion chief responding to structures? Or is it a possible bug on my end? Any help would be great.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:34 AM, MaumeeStormMaster said:

Hello! I'm new to the forum, however, wanted to report an issue, or possibly learn the way the mod functions. When playing Free Play, Hazmat Calls do not want to complete, am I doing something wrong, or is it a possible bug?

What I do, is respond ambulances, and the Hazmat Truck. Repair the leak in the container, treat the patients, place the patients in an ambulance and then transport them. Once I clear the scene, the call stays and doesn't want to complete. It also doesn't allow more calls to spawn, even if I let the game run for 5-10 minutes.

Am I supposed to respond a unit to clear the scene similar to the battalion chief responding to structures? Or is it a possible bug on my end? Any help would be great.

AND you must take away the forklift if it had the leaking container(s) on it.

• Like 1

A game play question for the mod: Is there a way that I can have all Crown Engines in the Main Fire Station? I’m having trouble replacing Main Engines (the left most bay) with the Crowns, they seem to want to take the 2nd bay (the second to left bay) or go to the second station and replace that Engine.

Also I would like to say a Huge Thank you to Itchboy & whoever helped him in making this Great Mod!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1