itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

36 minutes ago, miles451 said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180325185555/http://www.crownisking.org/ctdalacity63.html

This is the page the last shot came from.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180325190743/http://www.crownisking.org/ctdalacity20.html

There's also this one aswell of the other truck.

I might've posted about this site in the past, There's alot of good shots of other apparatus on this site aswell from LA and other agencies.

Thank you very much. I think I can get started on this, hopefully soon. For now I'll be doing additions and simpler vehicles.

38 minutes ago, kerik said:

I had been told once that it was because of EME4 not being able to use all the GPU/CPU cores since at the time it was a 2-core thing and everything else, I don't know if it's correct.

About the feedback when the update comes out, you can count on me, I'll report you on anything to improve the mod experience. looking forward to the update ^-^

About dispatch, it may be my own game's bug, but it's worth exploring this flaw without concrete explanation

Yes that's it. It really is hardware dependent, down to the system because I am a Ryzen CPU user and Em4 runs mostly perfect for me.

Yeah if it has no cause for me but a problem for you like the City of Angels/Montana dispatch menus, then it might just kill the entire concept before it can be fully realized.

5 hours ago, itchboy said:

Thank you very much. I think I can get started on this, hopefully soon. For now I'll be doing additions and simpler vehicles.

Yes that's it. It really is hardware dependent, down to the system because I am a Ryzen CPU user and Em4 runs mostly perfect for me.

Yeah if it has no cause for me but a problem for you like the City of Angels/Montana dispatch menus, then it might just kill the entire concept before it can be fully realized.

They reported another problem to me, "Tell him that there's a bug in the MP that the game doesn't open and
That when the PD delivers the criminal to the police station, the game crashes
Less of the host"
And there's a guy inside the entrance hotel near the police station who starts taking out of nowhere
And when you try to arrest him, the game crashes too"

Worth the analysis.

4 hours ago, kerik said:

They reported another problem to me, "Tell him that there's a bug in the MP that the game doesn't open and
That when the PD delivers the criminal to the police station, the game crashes
Less of the host"
And there's a guy inside the entrance hotel near the police station who starts taking out of nowhere
And when you try to arrest him, the game crashes too"

Worth the analysis.

No offense but some of this contradicts itself. If the game doesn't open, then how did you make it far enough to deliver the suspect to the police station? I will look into that crash though because my police station scripts seem to work fine in other mods even in MP.

I also don't understand "taking out of nowhere". Do you mean shooting? If so, that is an actual Em4 bug that AI does sometimes and crashes even in SP.

• Like 1

This might be a oversight from the original LA mod but there are two civilians inside 2 containers at the dock, I removed the bottom containers to reach them.

I've also have been unable to clear the hazmat call nearby that location, I've removed the barrels and transported all civilians but it still won't clear.

20220803074738_1.jpg

3 hours ago, itchboy said:

No offense but some of this contradicts itself. If the game doesn't open, then how did you make it far enough to deliver the suspect to the police station? I will look into that crash though because my police station scripts seem to work fine in other mods even in MP.

I also don't understand "taking out of nowhere". Do you mean shooting? If so, that is an actual Em4 bug that AI does sometimes and crashes even in SP.

Yes it is firing and I also noticed a contradiction but I believe he is referring to other MP mods that use this script, I received some more feedback from this same dispatch bug with the boss battalion.

2 hours ago, miles451 said:

This might be a oversight from the original LA mod but there are two civilians inside 2 containers at the dock, I removed the bottom containers to reach them.

I've also have been unable to clear the hazmat call nearby that location, I've removed the barrels and transported all civilians but it still won't clear.

Shouldn't be happening, Did you edit anything?

5 hours ago, BrooklynDispatcher said:

I am also not able to clear the hazmat call in the port. All patients transported, decontaminated, and the substance was removed.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:17 AM, miles451 said:

Thank you for your reports. I'll look into these ASAP after I get some new units implemented into the mod.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BrooklynDispatcher said:

I am also not able to clear the hazmat call in the port. All patients transported, decontaminated, and the substance was removed.

29 minutes ago, ionut1208 said:

About the HAZMAT call after you remove everyone call DOT and remove the barrels and the forklift for me works

It's probably the bugged callout with the men in the container. I'll take care of those ASAP, and some scripting errors.

• Like 1

I have so far spent more time than I should have but less than I'd want with this mod, and so far haven't run into any real issues. I did find a few minor things though:

-The CHP '82 Impala has an amber flashing emissive/polygon/thing and corona instead of the blue one I'm pretty sure should be there. Presumably something that got copied over from an LAPD bar that went under the radar because at a glance it appears fine.
-The '97 airport PD Crown Vic has one unit number on the drivers side, but two on the passenger side. Looks like something funny may have happened when flipping the texture from one side to the other? I still find it interesting just how many different livery variations they've had over the past decades though, but I digress.
-ALS ambulance 3 as it's referred to in the files has its fender lights flash in sync, rather than alternating red/amber like the other ones with a similar setup. That might be intentional, I don't know, but it seemed off to me at least.

And that's it, at least so far. I'm a sucker for old rotator lights so this mod is practically virtual heaven lol.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, paleocacher said:

Oooh! What new units are coming now?

fFprjcH.png

These two. They will be exclusive to LA mission 8 and I will not be making changes for these to be playable in FP.

5 hours ago, SuperStumpje said:

I have so far spent more time than I should have but less than I'd want with this mod, and so far haven't run into any real issues. I did find a few minor things though:

-The CHP '82 Impala has an amber flashing emissive/polygon/thing and corona instead of the blue one I'm pretty sure should be there. Presumably something that got copied over from an LAPD bar that went under the radar because at a glance it appears fine.
-The '97 airport PD Crown Vic has one unit number on the drivers side, but two on the passenger side. Looks like something funny may have happened when flipping the texture from one side to the other? I still find it interesting just how many different livery variations they've had over the past decades though, but I digress.
-ALS ambulance 3 as it's referred to in the files has its fender lights flash in sync, rather than alternating red/amber like the other ones with a similar setup. That might be intentional, I don't know, but it seemed off to me at least.

And that's it, at least so far. I'm a sucker for old rotator lights so this mod is practically virtual heaven lol.

I'll look into these issues. So far the two issues are real but the sync'd lights on that one ambulance are there for variation.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, itchboy said:

fFprjcH.png

These two. They will be exclusive to LA mission 8 and I will not be making changes for these to be playable in FP.

I'll look into these issues. So far the two issues are real but the sync'd lights on that one ambulance are there for variation.

Those federal SUVs look great. You have done some great work these past few months on this. I applaud you.

Hey! Now you just need to go back to the 60's and 70's and do an Adam-12/Emergency themed addition to the mod and you'll have the complete set of Los Angeles themed vehicles. :D/s

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, paleocacher said:

Those federal SUVs look great. You have done some great work these past few months on this. I applaud you.

Hey! Now you just need to go back to the 60's and 70's and do an Adam-12/Emergency themed addition to the mod and you'll have the complete set of Los Angeles themed vehicles. :D/s

I know about the show but not enough to care about making the vehicles for it. Maybe someone else can. I wouldn't mind making an AMC and Plymouth unmarked unit, because we confirmed those made it into the 80s. The Adam 12 marked units, not so much. Many of the ambulances in the show also didn't make it into the 80s, let alone the 90s. Maybe some fire apparatus but the most I can get is the County FD Crowns. The show has lots of LAFD rigs too, I know but I already made them independent of any reasoning for the show.

Earlier today I did release the update containing some bugfixes and the 2 new Fed cars. I hope to get more done soon but for now you will have to settle for quick and easy to make units.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

I recently found a picture of a 1978 brush patrol I figured I'd share it here, I also got a picture of the same model truck from a different angle from one of the books I have on the LAFD. Unfortunately I haven't found any shots of what the pump looks like or any other rear shots for that matter. They might be of some use though.

ca_los_angeles_retired_brush_72-1.jpg

LAFD_Ford_Brush.thumb.jpg.b18474121ed4a48e0df0ab9e0026c037.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, miles451 said:

I recently found a picture of a 1978 brush patrol I figured I'd share it here, I also got a picture of the same model truck from a different angle from one of the books I have on the LAFD. Unfortunately I haven't found any shots of what the pump looks like or any other rear shots for that matter. They might be of some use though.

Can you please share the rest of that book? I would really like to see what else we could try.

Now thay I have a left side and better angle of the pump, I think I'll make it just because you provided pictures. Thank you so much.

I've uploaded a few more script fixes. Nothing major but hopefully improves stability.

Don't expect major vehicle updates for a bit. I need to build up some assets before I can make expansions. Expect most of the new vehicles to be "recycled variants" for example, a new lightbar variation.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Can you please share the rest of that book? I would really like to see what else we could try.

What all would you be interested in? It has some photos of the crown snorkels and telesqurts pictures of some of the older seagrave tillers and a few specialized rigs and unique engines, That's just a small amount of what it has.

36 minutes ago, AgentSmith6 said:

Itch, any chance you could bring back the Port Police Caprice with the Vector lightbar? For some reason that was my favorite cruiser out of all of the 90s cars

In the first place, I removed that one because it was confirmed not-legit. However I know there are fans of it; I have a Vector Caprice unit in store for the future for another agency, one that I previously said I wouldn't make. I'll be reusing that asset for this one.

14 minutes ago, miles451 said:

What all would you be interested in? It has some photos of the crown snorkels and telesqurts pictures of some of the older seagrave tillers and a few specialized rigs and unique engines, That's just a small amount of what it has.

You could PM me if it's too massive, but I would like all the LAFD content it has. I am also interested in retro apparatus of other cities, specifically SF, Vegas, Miami, and Chicago. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, itchboy said:

You could PM me if it's too massive, but I would like all the LAFD content it has. I am also interested in retro apparatus of other cities, specifically SF, Vegas, Miami, and Chicago. 

I'll see what I can do, it's difficult to get the lighting to cooperate and it covers equipment from the late 1800s up to 2014 which makes it over a hundred pages in length. 

5 minutes ago, miles451 said:

I'll see what I can do, it's difficult to get the lighting to cooperate and it covers equipment from the late 1800s up to 2014 which makes it over a hundred pages in length. 

Speaking of, what's the title and author of the book? If it can be bought I might look into seeing if it's possible,

• Like 1