itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

Take as much time as you need to rest, you definitely deserve it. 

Loving the update, especially the new callouts and scripts. The new peds for the coroners, LACoFD, and the private ambulance companies are very well done. This has easily become one of my all time favorite mods for EM4 .

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hill12 said:

How can you use the dispatcher? I've tried Alt+1 doesn't work and EMS and battalion chief crashes game

This is a bug I've heard a bit of but I'll have to look into it in the coming days. I don't know why it crashes for you guys while it does not for Miami mod.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, itchboy said:

This is a bug I've heard a bit of but I'll have to look into it in the coming days. I don't know why it crashes for you guys while it does not for Miami mod.

I've only had issues with the dispatcher but only using it continuously after a few hours. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kerik said:

Multiplayer crashing when starting the game in this new update help?

3 hours ago, kerik said:

The option to select dispatch is causing the game to crash

I will look into these issues, thank you.

I believe I made a mistake in the uploading of the maps, which is why multiplayer crashes. For the dispatcher, I am not quite sure what's causing it because it works fine on my end. Might be one of those "WinXP compatibility" things that Em4 likes doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, itchboy said:

I believe I made a mistake in the uploading of the maps, which is why multiplayer crashes. For the dispatcher, I am not quite sure what's causing it because it works fine on my end. Might be one of those "WinXP compatibility" things that Em4 likes doing.

You're right, I think that's why, I'm an AMD platform user and the game only runs more fluidly with WinXP compatibility enabled, about multiplayer, thanks for the feedback I hope you can fix it, I'm looking forward to playing with friends. ^-^

On 7/24/2021 at 9:17 PM, itchboy said:
  •  

I might be adding just one Firecoach tiller because LAFD ever acquired 2 in their entire history.

I know the update is already been released but I was just wondering if this is something that might still be added in the future, or if it's unlikely to be added at all.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask since it's been awhile.

19 hours ago, itchboy said:

I don't have any glitches except the rotators are appearing behind the lightbar, centered on the middle of the vehicle.

Itch, incredible work. I've probably spent half of the time playing the mod just selecting all of the variants of each vehicle type. The new mission types are very welcome too, and it's the little things like being able to take walking wounded to the hospital that help make this mod such a game-changer. 

• Like 5

On 7/31/2022 at 9:13 PM, miles451 said:

I found a bug with the battalion chief where on the way back to the station it'll go out front and try to go through the engine 1 bay. On one instance it actually parked in the door.

(Apologies for the compressed image)

I'll play with paths to make this happen less frequently.

18 hours ago, kerik said:

You're right, I think that's why, I'm an AMD platform user and the game only runs more fluidly with WinXP compatibility enabled, about multiplayer, thanks for the feedback I hope you can fix it, I'm looking forward to playing with friends. ^-^

I may be wrong about what I said. There could be a script causing issues with MP but I won't know until someone tells me. If you don't mind, have a run with it again after I release the bugfixes and more vehicles. I would like to hear the specifics of when, how and what crashes the game down to the actions done by each player.

Also I am on AMD myself, though with an NVIDIA GPU and I can say that it is really hardware dependent. I've tried Em4 on Intel systems that ran poorly and I have no clue what specific thing makes the game choose to not run well.

14 hours ago, miles451 said:

I know the update is already been released but I was just wondering if this is something that might still be added in the future, or if it's unlikely to be added at all.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask since it's been awhile.

It's been over a year and I still have not found pictures of the rear of that tiller, or the sides I need to model it. I am hoping those pictures surface someday, but I am at the mercy of the private collection owners who release pictures at a snail's pace.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:22 AM, paleocacher said:

Another thing I noticed is that the lights seem a little bit disaligned to the rear when vehicles are in motion.

There is no cure for this, it's just how Em4 works. Montana mod will have the same thing with the rotator lightbar equipped units in that mod. Sadly it's this or nothing.

On 8/2/2022 at 6:11 AM, kerik said:

The option to select dispatch is causing the game to crash

I cannot replicate the issue.

Even if it works fine for me, I will still try to find the cause for your crashes. I will alter some code and see if it changes anything for others.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, itchboy said:

It's been over a year and I still have not found pictures of the rear of that tiller, or the sides I need to model it. I am hoping those pictures surface someday, but I am at the mercy of the private collection owners who release pictures at a snail's pace.

I'm guessing the shots have to be nearly a direct shot at the sides and the rear, I do have a side shot and 2 rear shots but those are still at a slight angle. You might already have these 3 shots but I'll post them just incase.

I also found and posted a video awhile back between December that might help aswell, haven't had much luck with shots of the right side.

I'll keep an eye out for anything else but unfortunately that's all I have currently.

LACity_Truck63-019-743x328.jpg

LACity_Truck20d-787x541.jpg

LACity_Truck63-025-787x594.jpg

1 hour ago, miles451 said:

I'm guessing the shots have to be nearly a direct shot at the sides and the rear, I do have a side shot and 2 rear shots but those are still at a slight angle. You might already have these 3 shots but I'll post them just incase.

LACity_Truck63-025-787x594.jpg

If you can please send me to the site where you got this last pic, I'd really appreciate it.

I think I'll get to doing this when I am able. Seems that there is (almost) enough for me to get this started.

5 hours ago, itchboy said:

I may be wrong about what I said. There could be a script causing issues with MP but I won't know until someone tells me. If you don't mind, have a run with it again after I release the bugfixes and more vehicles. I would like to hear the specifics of when, how and what crashes the game down to the actions done by each player.

Also I am on AMD myself, though with an NVIDIA GPU and I can say that it is really hardware dependent. I've tried Em4 on Intel systems that ran poorly and I have no clue what specific thing makes the game choose to not run well.

I cannot replicate the issue.

Even if it works fine for me, I will still try to find the cause for your crashes. I will alter some code and see if it changes anything for others.

I had been told once that it was because of EME4 not being able to use all the GPU/CPU cores since at the time it was a 2-core thing and everything else, I don't know if it's correct.

About the feedback when the update comes out, you can count on me, I'll report you on anything to improve the mod experience. looking forward to the update ^-^

About dispatch, it may be my own game's bug, but it's worth exploring this flaw without concrete explanation

https://web.archive.org/web/20180325185555/http://www.crownisking.org/ctdalacity63.html

This is the page the last shot came from.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180325190743/http://www.crownisking.org/ctdalacity20.html

There's also this one aswell of the other truck.

I might've posted about this site in the past, There's alot of good shots of other apparatus on this site aswell from LA and other agencies.