itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

7 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Thanks as well for the LAPD Matador photo, however I have to correct you. The wagon parked next to the LTD is actually a late 70's Caprice.

The tail light and body shape is a giveaway for it being a Caprice. The front left reflector light disqualifies the AMC and the Impala. The reason I estimate 70's is due to the can lights. Have you come across this?

Oh, I was refering to another image:
cf0ddbf1c58cdee2ef90e66b22e0c605.jpg

7 hours ago, Anto Mart said:

I expect to not break any rule, but, I have to ask: What plans do you have for the mod?

You said a couple of times that some things will come next year and I am curious about your plans

Finish all the civilian cars, and add in the 3 helicopters that the mod needs.

Add in a few extra units for the 80s' lineup.

Possibly add custom freeplay events like Miami mod's drowning person call, but something different.

I am working on another thing for the rest of this year, and so progress will be slow on this thread.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, itchboy said:

Finish all the civilian cars, and add in the 3 helicopters that the mod needs.

Add in a few extra units for the 80s' lineup.

Possibly add custom freeplay events like Miami mod's drowning person call, but something different.

I am working on another thing for the rest of this year, and so progress will be slow on this thread.

Nice plan. This is becoming one of my favorite mods of EM4. You are doing a great work!

Maybe the progress will be slow, but It's going to be of exceptional quality.

• Like 1

After another round of research, I've found some interesting things.

FIrst off, I found real retro LAFD Swift Water Rescue. The 1 year, 7 months long hunt is over.

Spoiler

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

As a result of this, the current SWR will be reassigned back into a plug buggy, and be used as an equipment trailer hauler.

The plan now is to implement a boat trailer script into the mod and use the ambulance as the main SWR vehicle starting now.

There's more though. I've managed to find a 1992+ LAPD Ford Bronco.

Spoiler

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

I'll definitely start work on this ASAP. Prior to this, the belief was that LAPD only ran Blazers and Ramchargers.

Third, I came across some vehicles that I am uncertain about. Could be LAPD but this was taken during the riots and shows some other agencies like RTD police.

Spoiler

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

LAPD might have used 1992 Crown Victorias as unmarked cars, but not as patrol units. However it could just as well belong to RTD police who operate the white Ford Taurus in the last photo.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The Bronco and the LAFD looks impresive.

But, I do not understand the part regarding the LAPD. RTD was a police agency? Were They independent to the LAPD?

Regarding the Police Riot. Are you serching for more info?

Sorry for all the questions, I am serching some things. If I found something, I'll let you know

I believe this shows another unmarked early 90s LAPD Crown Vic, antenna setup and light setup matches as they didn't add the additional square blue flasher until the 94' Caprice iirc. 
(full pic in the spoiler)
image.png.a3163257f43ea521163f67f4d72fff16.png

Spoiler

AP97011603324.thumb.jpg.2e44e0bcb8c875b7e2635422315d550e.jpg

antenna and light setup of a 80s Caprice for comparison, note the long and short antenna that also seem to be present on the Vic:
jr_lapd_9_94_28.thumb.jpg.0b1961b5b3a6191f5fa4f360ed52a54d.jpg

There is also this from a OJ Simpson documentary, a plain one without lights also appears a few seconds later in the video, featuring the antenna setup from above
unknown.png

Video with timestamp:

Spoiler

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anto Mart said:

The Bronco and the LAFD looks impresive.

But, I do not understand the part regarding the LAPD. RTD was a police agency? Were They independent to the LAPD?

Regarding the Police Riot. Are you serching for more info?

Sorry for all the questions, I am serching some things. If I found something, I'll let you know

RTD refers to the Southern California Rapid Transit District, a precursor to the LA MTA. RTD here refers to their police department

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 11john11x said:

I believe this shows another unmarked early 90s LAPD Crown Vic, antenna setup and light setup matches as they didn't add the additional square blue flasher until the 94' Caprice iirc. 
(full pic in the spoiler)

I have a video that shows the same car, but I didn't believe it was legit LAPD. I thought it was a merger car of some kind, until I looked at the dates of the video - 1993. This was long before the MTA and Housing PD mergers.

Spoiler

2SoKl20.png
XoJknwz.png
EdWtnsB.png

My theory on the crown vic without lights is it belongs to the LA District Attorney or Prosecutor's Office. In the modern times, they have a fleet of unmarked Caprice PPV's that are often confused for LAPD or LASD, but actually belong to the DA's office.

This 1992 vehicle gives us a more cohesive timeline for lighting on LAPD unmarked cars. Starting 1990, LAPD went with EES Coplite and the square halogen lights. They've ditched the old IPF/Coplite PAR lights seen on unmarkeds from 1970s to 1989 or so.

There are Caprices, probably 1986-1989 models with circular lights.
isGulmQ.png

• Like 3

On 11/24/2021 at 6:43 PM, KEISHI081 said:

Hello.
I don't know if you know, but there is a good vehicle to replace the existing heavy rescue, do you have any plans to model this?

Maybe I will do that, but the cab is a bit hard to find. I could try making the Crown Firecoach version instead but I have no idea when I will make the heavy rescues, if it all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Some really good news. The LAPD Caprice wagon has been found. Based on news articles, it was in service in 1988, but I'd like to imagine it made it to the early 90's.

I'll be including this in the upcoming updates, along with more LAX airport police units, and the previously mentioned LAPD Bronco.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg.3a61076bfcae21de9bbb520bbfbc1688.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 11/29/2021 at 1:01 AM, itchboy said:

Some really good news. The LAPD Caprice wagon has been found. Based on news articles, it was in service in 1988, but I'd like to imagine it made it to the early 90's.

I'll be including this in the upcoming updates, along with more LAX airport police units, and the previously mentioned LAPD Bronco.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg.3a61076bfcae21de9bbb520bbfbc1688.jpg

From my understand of the LAPD at this time they had a very old fleet. I know of one 1986 caprice that was in service until around 2000. It would not be out of the realm of possibility for a late 70s wagon to still be in use in the early 90s