itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

Love the mod but i have some questions, curiosities and comments

1. Will there be added support for the original freeplay map? the LA map is neat and the guys that made it put alot of TLC into it but the diversity of the old map ads a bit     more challenge imo.

2. do you have any plans for the National Guard? the humvee, Generic Truck and blackhawk fit for the 1990s era but the M4s and UCP would need to be swapped for M16s and M81

3. not a question. just pointing out that the "connect truck to hydrant then truck to truck" system is awesome and i love it.

i really don't know what else to say besides this is a great mod and looking at your WIP pics it's going to be a even better mod. keep up the good work and don't let people get you down 😃 👍 when life gives you lemons GET MAD

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KayEffAre said:

Not sure if this is a normal request, but can I modify and upload the Unitrol Omega, 80k, 480k sirens for a siren mod for other games? I will give credit as appropriate.

Thanks for asking but I won't be allowing edits or conversion of the siren tones. 

5 hours ago, Spacemanspiff1998 said:

Love the mod but i have some questions, curiosities and comments

1. Will there be added support for the original freeplay map? the LA map is neat and the guys that made it put alot of TLC into it but the diversity of the old map ads a bit     more challenge imo.

2. do you have any plans for the National Guard? the humvee, Generic Truck and blackhawk fit for the 1990s era but the M4s and UCP would need to be swapped for M16s and M81

3. not a question. just pointing out that the "connect truck to hydrant then truck to truck" system is awesome and i love it.

i really don't know what else to say besides this is a great mod and looking at your WIP pics it's going to be a even better mod. keep up the good work and don't let people get you down 😃 👍 when life gives you lemons GET MAD

There won't be any plans for the original freeplay map, but I might be doing something with the campaign map if I can find a copy of W00ds LA campaign map.

There won't be national guard because of the additional work needed.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Spacemanspiff1998 said:

Nice, Here's hoping you can find the files.

on the topic of finding things i did find this picture from the 1992 Riots of a few LAFD apparatus. you can just make out the rear cab of a tiller behind the guy's head. intresting that engine 74 is opened topped. i thought those were more 1970-1980s trucks
Still a neat picture

1543363429256.jpg

They were getting roofs added post riots so with these still in service it added more protection when they had to respond to them. 

• Upvote 1

Here's another 2 additions to the civilian car set. When I hit the magic #25, I'll finally begin putting these ingame. These are #22 and #23.

The photo of the BMW will be replaced with a fully finished picture once the UV maps and mirrors are installed.
unknown.png
untitled2.thumb.jpg.3c6d3ebd95ea6345971983719dd7c3e9.jpg

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

Say hello to the base versions of another 2 LAFD chief cars. I am still missing one variant, and I still need to texture up the Mercury, but this will be four new chief/captain vehicles. There will be other vehicles coming the FD/EMS besides these.unknown.png

Spoiler

I know that LAFD also ran Oldsmobiles for their arson investigator and other admin cars. Maybe I can add those in eventually, or have them as civilian vehicles.
4yzbie6ruhp21.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Anto Mart said:

Nice lookng cars! Would you add the Oldsmobile with a fireman equiped with a shotgun? That will be awseome ;D

Probably just the civilian version. There's no use for arson investigator units in regular Em4.

gKwvurY.png
Here's the completed battalion chief and EMS captain car.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Wolfblade911 said:

Might Be a nice idea to put a a unmarked car with the red bulb on the rooftop side of the car :D no ?

If I can find LAPD or LASD using them in real life, then sure.

I don't know what I need this for, but a lot of other agencies still run these trucks to this day. Maybe I can have this as the LAPD bomb squad truck but I don't see how this can be achieved in normal freeplay.

I don't count this as being part of the traffic set, rather as a dev assset for other modders who need this truck.unknown.png

#24: In real life, this car nearly killed GM. l hope to make this look good in the traffic set.
unknown.png

• Like 6

Maybe it could work like the engineering flatbed in the US army mod and pick up the bombs after being disarmed which could simulate how the truck was used to safely detonate them irl. 

I'm not familiar with scripting in EM4 I dont know how hard that would be to implement I figured I'd share the idea.

Here is where I am at now with the traffic set. Wheels will be added to these later.
226207446_904198820306182_2907657611088256854_n.thumb.png.563316c023d6804c3b5ea88fd399d19b.png

We're still missing a lot of cars that I want to do. As a result, we have to make a decision:

The easiest plan (and to release this pack out the soonest) is to these put into the game as is. These cars will appear just fine, but there will be vanilla assets occupying the slots of cars that I have not created yet.

Are people okay with having some vanilla mixed into the pack for now, or should I fill out the remaining slots with color variants of these cars just to make everything look consistent, even if they are repetetive?

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1