itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

13 hours ago, itchboy said:

"Officer, you dare interrupt a superior?"
"Pup, the lash is not a toy!"
"Pup, I'm suspending you"

I never played the game but watching the playthroughs, I can tell the game is savage. It does depict LAPD SWAT relatively accurate from what I can see, but the RNG, scripted scenes linear gameplay, and lack of clear structure just makes me want to hope for a proper SWAT simulator but 3D and open world.

I am glad that the game at least got me the references for that LAPD SWAT truck. These vehicles wont appear in the lefthand menu but will require players to use the variant switcher. It's a bit of incentive let's just say.

Here's another vehicle skinned. I am now up to the last three original, purpose built models for this mod - for the time being at least.
unknown.png

Not to completely interrupt the thread but I recommend SWAT 4 with the SEF mod as the ultimate realistic swat simulator. If you’re looking for something newer, Zero Hour is fun but pretty limited in gameplay.

to get back on track, however, great job as always Itch!

I've been watching the progress on this mod for a few months but haven't tried to comment on it yet, this is easily one of my favorite mods for EM4 at the moment loving the work that's been put into the mod so far.

Posting now because I found some photos of the 2 crown tillers and was hoping they could be useful in some way.

The site is crownisking.org but the page is only accessible from wayback machine, photos are under the departments tab and LA city fire department theres 2 different pages for both 63 and 20 it includes some information for the history of both rigs 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, miles451 said:

I've been watching the progress on this mod for a few months but haven't tried to comment on it yet, this is easily one of my favorite mods for EM4 at the moment loving the work that's been put into the mod so far.

Posting now because I found some photos of the 2 crown tillers and was hoping they could be useful in some way.

The site is crownisking.org but the page is only accessible from wayback machine, photos are under the departments tab and LA city fire department theres 2 different pages for both 63 and 20 it includes some information for the history of both rigs 

Thank you for this lead on information. The site isn't a complete archive but the information helps out a lot.

Very lucky for me. It has lots of rear photos of the Heavy Utility. I might just be making one after all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

Thank you for this lead on information. The site isn't a complete archive but the information helps out a lot.

Very lucky for me. It has lots of rear photos of the Heavy Utility. I might just be making one after all.

Yay. Which year of a Heavy Utility though? 

On 7/19/2021 at 11:41 AM, itchboy said:

When the mod originally released, I felt bad for short-changing you guys out of one LAPD SWAT truck. Here's that one truck I owe everyone. This truck carries an interesting story of how it came to be.
1049197965_Em4Deluxe2021-07-1917-23-28-86.thumb.png.93feb8f892ddcb9b245270b9579ca7b3.png
(Original base texture by Yankee43, credits to bama1234 and SlateDragon for the ladder, Hoppah for the Code3 XL lightbar, edited into mini version by me; all other work by me)

amazing work 👍
I believe this vehicle also appears in one of the LAPD Life on the Beat episodes:
(good side shot at 3:40)

check this one out too, some footage of other SWAT vehicles, including a heavily modified white pickup and a few vans:

About those pics of 80s slicktop vehicles from earlier: those are really puzzling me, I only heard that they started using them after the 1992 riots to improve public relations, replacing the unmarked vehicles previously used for gang enforcement and other duties.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 11john11x said:

amazing work 👍
I believe this vehicle also appears in one of the LAPD Life on the Beat episodes:
(good side shot at 3:40)

check this one out too, some footage of other SWAT vehicles, including a heavily modified white pickup and a few vans:

About those pics of 80s slicktop vehicles from earlier: those are really puzzling me, I only heard that they started using them after the 1992 riots to improve public relations, replacing the unmarked vehicles previously used for gang enforcement and other duties.

Thank you. I do know about these videos but the quality isn't enough for me to fully figure out the vehicle. I am looking into getting money together to buying the DVD collection of this series but it's not that big of a deal; I know quality pictures of these vehicles will eventually surface. I at least have most of the vehicles here such as the SWAT vans and this big Ford truck. I don't have any plans yet for that long Chevy pickup because the roof equipment (similar to Lenco Bearcat MARS) doesn't really work in this game. The effort of having to research that mechanism wouldnt' be worth it for the game.

I have no idea about the slicktops; my only guess is that they were testing a handful of units out before cancelling the policy, then re-activating it by the mid 1990s.

Do you have any information on LAX airport police units before 1986? I know about the green supervisor car, but I am looking into what airport PD had from 1979-1985

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

Do you have any information on LAX airport police units before 1986? I know about the green supervisor car, but I am looking into what airport PD had from 1979-1985

LAXPD apparently wasn't a thing until 1984, they were named "Airport Security Bureau" before that.
This is the only pre 1986 law enforcement looking vehicle operating on LAX I could find, from a blurry pic taken in 1978, seems to be equipped with a Twinsonic:

image.png.4bee0428fda6d5b00c9515c245ae3339.png

At least I found 2 more pics of late 80s Airport Police vehicles today, second one is from Van Nuys:

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 11john11x said:

LAXPD apparently wasn't a thing until 1984, they were named "Airport Security Bureau" before that.
This is the only pre 1986 law enforcement looking vehicle operating on LAX I could find, from a blurry pic taken in 1978, seems to be equipped with a Twinsonic:

At least I found 2 more pics of late 80s Airport Police vehicles today, second one is from Van Nuys:

Can't quite tell with that tiny picture, but I do appreciate the pictures of the Caprices. Thank you for sending them.

Ill look into that agency, maybe I'll be able to find some but I appreciate what you can find too.

My thoughts on the cars: Some have the ramabar but others seem to not. There's also a variation of LP6000 lightbar there too.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, itchboy said:

Can't quite tell with that tiny picture, but I do appreciate the pictures of the Caprices. Thank you for sending them.

Ill look into that agency, maybe I'll be able to find some but I appreciate what you can find too.

My thoughts on the cars: Some have the ramabar but others seem to not. There's also a variation of LP6000 lightbar there too.

There is a few scenes in Adam 12 at LAX. It looked to have the tin cans with LAPD during the late 60s to early 70s. 

Found this too 

Hope this other one helps in general 

I did some research and found this website: https://www.lawa.org/groups-and-divisions/airport-police/about-us/apd-history 

Apparently they were staffed by mostly just unarmed security, armed "Security Bureau" peace officers, and a regular sub-division of LAPD patrols pre-1984 (as seen in a few Adam-12 episodes like Squad 65 said) . So it's possible they didn't have any cars at all and just patrolled the interior of the airport while LAPD patrolled the roads, however I'm not sure given the blurry photo above.

6 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

There is a few scenes in Adam 12 at LAX. It looked to have the tin cans with LAPD during the late 60s to early 70s. 
Found this too 

Hope this other one helps in general 

I think you found a BHPD car, and one that isn't on the internet no less. Nice find. No plans on BHPD but maybe it's something you might be interested in?

5 hours ago, maxxmike1234 said:

I did some research and found this website: https://www.lawa.org/groups-and-divisions/airport-police/about-us/apd-history 

Apparently they were staffed by mostly just unarmed security, armed "Security Bureau" peace officers, and a regular sub-division of LAPD patrols pre-1984 (as seen in a few Adam-12 episodes like Squad 65 said) . So it's possible they didn't have any cars at all and just patrolled the interior of the airport while LAPD patrolled the roads, however I'm not sure given the blurry photo above.

I believe your source and what you have to say about it. For now I will keep my expectations low and just put one more car in, just like Port Police/Warden because of a lack of references.

For the time being I'll also put more work into FD and EMS (besides the civilian cars) because I feel like there's still a few things that are missing from them.

Previously, I have been aware of airport operations cars for guiding planes and what. It appears to be the same as the black and white but with completely different lighting, livery and setup, This appears to be a Ford Maverick. Based on 11john's info, Security Bureau used the same car as Airport Ops.

LAX Ops Car December 1979

Now the mystery deepens: What was used between 1979-1985?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, FDNY/911 said:

Beautiful models I just love these cars from the 80s and 90s 😍

Have you ever thought about using Patron or Paypal donations? i would really like to support your work.

I appreciate the support.

Unfortunately I am in a gray area for monetization. The submod and all it's assets are in the Em4 format of .e4p, .script and so on. As a result, they are considered "game assets" and based on my understanding of the EULA, I can't monetize that.

I also can't monetize the models themselves because they contain work of other people like Phantom, EmC-Unit, Ibarra and Hoppah.

Most likely I will only setup Patreon or Paypal once I start developing my own separate game with 100% self made assets.

• Like 5

While looking through the LAFDHS photo archive I came across a few shots of the firecoach tillers 

Apparatus in BaseApparatus in Base

These two show what I believe is Truck 20 after serving Station 105 in the 80s and being relocated again to station 35 in the late 80s or early 90s 

Pacific Ocean Park Pier Fire 1970Truck 63 Sepulveda blvd Westchester, CA BN4 1970s

Last two are b&w photos of truck 63 in the 1970s

http://www.usfirepolice.net/ca_california/ca_lafd/ca_los_angeles_retired_ladder_58_(2)-1.jpg 

Came across another photo of one of the two that LA purchased this time serving station 58. Must have been a short term assignment for that rig as the apparatus records dont show anything about either of the trucks serving station 58

• Like 3

Lately progress is a bit slow while I work on another project. This is the only thing I've been able to work on for this mod.
unknown.png

On 7/23/2021 at 9:01 PM, miles451 said:

While looking through the LAFDHS photo archive I came across a few shots of the firecoach tillers 

These two show what I believe is Truck 20 after serving Station 105 in the 80s and being relocated again to station 35 in the late 80s or early 90s 

Last two are b&w photos of truck 63 in the 1970s

http://www.usfirepolice.net/ca_california/ca_lafd/ca_los_angeles_retired_ladder_58_(2)-1.jpg 

Came across another photo of one of the two that LA purchased this time serving station 58. Must have been a short term assignment for that rig as the apparatus records dont show anything about either of the trucks serving station 58

I might be adding just one Firecoach tiller because LAFD ever acquired 2 in their entire history.

If I go through with the Heavy Utility, I'll be doing a poll of which wrecker should be included in the mod. Firecoach or Mack.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2