itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

On 5/7/2021 at 5:19 AM, itchboy said:

Here's the "mystery ambulance" that we've narrowed down to being a 1993 model.
1124046865_Em4Deluxe2021-05-0711-11-18-16.thumb.png.dfdc24348749f05dd77237dcbde3fd6b.png
Ambulance box model and texture by Hoppah.
Econoline cutaway model by MikeyPI.
MX7000 lightbar made by MikeyPIand Hoppah.

Unique! I like it.

For a long time, I said I would not do the out of spec sheriff units that had unusual lightbars or other ELS. My reason given was the lack of information about them.

Today, somebody has provided me with the reference photos that enabled me to create these units. I couldn't let those pictures go to waste.
1593531301_Em4Deluxe2021-05-1521-48-25-05.thumb.png.943deda48f1c512689d117fb16fbf5c1.pngLightbars by rihis and EmC-Unit.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, AgentSmith6 said:

Not sure if these are are of any use, but I found these old LA Park Police (Pre-LA County Police) cruisers that I had downloaded onto an old computer from a defunct website and figured I'd share

These are nice. Keep sharing what you can.

Sadly I probably wont make any of the "secondary" agencies like housing PD, MTA police or county police because they'd serve no purpose to the game.

Hopefully somebody else can make those skins as an addon pack. I'd be okay with people making addon packs for the submod as long as they send it to me first to assure quality before we include it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

These are nice. Keep sharing what you can.

Sadly I probably wont make any of the "secondary" agencies like housing PD, MTA police or county police because they'd serve no purpose to the game.

Hopefully somebody else can make those skins as an addon pack. I'd be okay with people making addon packs for the submod as long as they send it to me first to assure quality before we include it.

Thanks for the ideas lol. 

I'm not sure if you were aware of it already but here is a site with excelent retro LASD pictures, mostly 60s-80s stuff with some 90s sprinkled in but maybe it could help.
https://lasdretired.org/photo-album/stations-historical-photos/
https://lasdretired.org/photo-album/172201/

some examples below, note the Gran Fury with unusual lightbar and door mounted speed radar:

Deputy-Bruce-Jackson-Carson-Station.jpg

Carson-Asians-2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 11john11x said:

I'm not sure if you were aware of it already but here is a site with excelent retro LASD pictures, mostly 60s-80s stuff with some 90s sprinkled in but maybe it could help.

some examples below, note the Gran Fury with unusual lightbar and door mounted speed radar:

Deputy-Bruce-Jackson-Carson-Station.jpg

Carson-Asians-2.jpg

Oooh Lookie there. Hello John, Those look amazing.

5 hours ago, 11john11x said:

Thank you for these photos, they're very helpful.

By any chance do you know what LASD ran between 1974-1978? Specifically what they had before the Novas? Seems that nobody has found info on that yet.

4 hours ago, itchboy said:

Thank you for these photos, they're very helpful.

By any chance do you know what LASD ran between 1974-1978? Specifically what they had before the Novas? Seems that nobody has found info on that yet.

I know at least that they used the Plymouth Satellite and AMC Matador in 1973 because they had both models in Gone in 60 Seconds which was from 1974. Since the Matador and Satellite both had '74 production models and the Matador ran until 1978 it's reasonable to infer they used those two cars during these years.

Spoiler

i390672.jpgi390671.jpg

5 hours ago, paleocacher said:

I know at least that they used the Plymouth Satellite and AMC Matador in 1973 because they had both models in Gone in 60 Seconds which was from 1974. Since the Matador and Satellite both had '74 production models and the Matador ran until 1978 it's reasonable to infer they used those two cars during these years.

Thanks for this. I'll do some asking around outside of EmP to confirm.

This one's a bit random, but I've got another civilian vehicle on the way.

unknown.png
unknown.png

I was also in the process of doing helicopters but due to some technical issues, those will be delayed for quite a bit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

Thanks for this. I'll do some asking around outside of EmP to confirm.

This one's a bit random, but I've got another civilian vehicle on the way.

unknown.png
unknown.png

I was also in the process of doing helicopters but due to some technical issues, those will be delayed for quite a bit.

Interesting

10 hours ago, paleocacher said:

Hide contents

i390672.jpgi390671.jpg

This is probably the best source as the "Gone in 60 Seconds" movie either used actual police officers and some of the police cars were purchased at auction as opposed to making them from scratch.

• Like 1