itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

Sheriff SEB is being put into the submod properly this time. This is the only vehicle planned.

Aerohawk lightbar by EmC Unit and rihis, edit by me.

Em4Deluxe 2021-05-03 20-08-18-95.png

Also I nearly forgot. huge thanks to @AgentSmith6 for providing the reference imagery needed to get this vehicle made.

Another update I missed is that deluxe events have been implemented into the submod. I didn't include them all though; the radioactive cloud, hail and bird flu callouts are super unrealistic. The sabatouer callout is even worse; the game can literally "destroy" the control panels and other invisible/dummy vehicles like deck guns.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 1

Man, what really impresses me is how quickly you make these models, awesome!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, itchboy said:

Sheriff SEB is being put into the submod properly this time. This is the only vehicle planned.

Also I nearly forgot. huge thanks to @AgentSmith6 for providing the reference imagery needed to get this vehicle made.

Another update I missed is that deluxe events have been implemented into the submod. I didn't include them all though; the radioactive cloud, hail and bird flu callouts are super unrealistic. The sabatouer callout is even worse; the game can literally "destroy" the control panels and other invisible/dummy vehicles like deck guns.

Insane new stuff you got Itch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gunswat said:

Is that Dulux events only in the deluxe version? Or will they be in the normal aswell?

Deluxe version only. The original 911FR and normal Em4 do not have the code to properly display or spawn the deluxe callouts.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, itchboy said:

I love it, I can't wait to see it in game. Something about those rear lights especially are just so nostalgia-inducing

• Like 1

Here's a treat for you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yUONLY9t9w

A kid's show did a tour through LASD. Based on everything, this must have been right on 1991 or early 1992. I know that all of the concepts shown are dumbed down for children but I hope this gets you 30 minutes or so of entertainment.

Also I can confirm that the "mystery LAFD ambo" has been found, and I will be including it among the 90s ambulances in the mod.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, itchboy said:

No, just a normal one with unusual lights.

Initially all I had was one little photo
untitled2.jpg.9cac9472911a29543086a69c83493d3e.jpg

Now I have three.1409552749_mysteryambo1.thumb.jpg.14ed79b85a2d74697a7cbbeeaa032407.jpg283005314_mysteryambo2.jpg.9b6a7807856cda81fd73c63fc96a2b82.jpg

Interesting topic in any case. I thought that maybe it had some special police liveriy, like this one in my home country (Spain):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JWiZydElJ28/TLbzRGq8YdI/AAAAAAAAAKE/ddqpIhFDwYo/s1600/ambulanciachrisler180fr.jpg

This is from the Guardia Civil, that works like the Italian Carabinieri (credit: https://www.foropolicia.es/imagenes-antiguas-de-la-guardia-civil-t113-130.html) . This one is a more recent one:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/68/df/ea68df559d6a03e72b7493ee43117883.jpg

BTW: I do not know why but it looks that it posted two times the message.... Sorry

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Now I have three.1409552749_mysteryambo1.thumb.jpg.14ed79b85a2d74697a7cbbeeaa032407.jpg283005314_mysteryambo2.jpg.9b6a7807856cda81fd73c63fc96a2b82.jpg

Interesting topic in any case. I thought that maybe it had some special police liveriy, like this one in my home country (Spain):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JWiZydElJ28/TLbzRGq8YdI/AAAAAAAAAKE/ddqpIhFDwYo/s1600/ambulanciachrisler180fr.jpg

This is from the Guardia Civil, that works like the Italian Carabinieri (credit: https://www.foropolicia.es/imagenes-antiguas-de-la-guardia-civil-t113-130.html) . This one is a more recent one:

• Like 1

Let's just try to keep this on topic. If you have ideas for a mod of your own country, I'd appreciate if you started a thread. I'd like to see those vehicles in a mod, hopefully.

In the meantime I will be posting more progress of any new vehicles that I put together. I have a few script concepts I'd like to try out as well. Stay tuned.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Let's just try to keep this on topic. If you have ideas for a mod of your own country, I'd appreciate if you started a thread. I'd like to see those vehicles in a mod, hopefully.

In the meantime I will be posting more progress of any new vehicles that I put together. I have a few script concepts I'd like to try out as well. Stay tuned.

It wasn't my intention. Just posting an example about what I was thinking in the case of the LASD Ambulance.

Anyway, I will be waiting for the news!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

I'm glad to see my favorite childhood DvD as your savior!

the concept of police ambulances is interesting, but as far as I know most/all of them in the US were phased out by the late 50s

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stockboy8 said:

I'm glad to see my favorite childhood DvD as your savior!

the concept of police ambulances is interesting, but as far as I know most/all of them in the US were phased out by the late 50s

There really is a reason that this is called Project Nostalgia, it already brought back so many memories and now I just remembered that VHS. I knew that ambulance looked familiar, I just had to dig back 20 years in my brain to find it!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LeeeroyJenkins said:

Enjoying the project nostalgia mod, but can't find the link for City of Angels.  I'm all about going back in time, but right now my EM4 needs some present action as well.

Angels mod is private and was never released.

The VHS video had the actors in "RA 69" which was a real vehicle, however one thing threw me off: the "RESCUE" decals on the body which are usually found on 800 series BLS ambulances.

For sake of gameplay balance, I've made that rig but as BLS ambulance 862 instead. 
untitled2.thumb.jpg.d2853d967a5eb87c27c1f78839edf25b.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

Angels mod is private and was never released.

The VHS video had the actors in "RA 69" which was a real vehicle, however one thing threw me off: the "RESCUE" decals on the body which are usually found on 800 series BLS ambulances.

For sake of gameplay balance, I've made that rig but as BLS ambulance 862 instead. 
untitled2.thumb.jpg.d2853d967a5eb87c27c1f78839edf25b.jpg

Looks good.