itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

As of today, the vehicle variant switcher works on the new vehicles, except for the ones that have no secondary variants of course.

I have also worked out the script implementation for stations and these vehicles.

The rest of today's work is sirens: I have been researching hard to find out vintage FedSig sirens, and I think I have it narrowed down. The vintage rigs will be running these sirens: The PA20 2B lower pitched, PA20 2E (already in the mod) and then the PA200 siren tones that are also in the Montana Mod.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mcflame1 said:

Just been doing random missions in the mod and I noticed that in the Bomb Alert mission. The bomb squad officer can't pick up the briefcase.

That's a bug with the LA mod in general, Hoppah even said he doesn't know how to fix it.

Me personally, I don't know either. I might do some fooling around and release a fixed script so that all LA based submods have this thing patched out.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

This ambulances are amazing. Lovely classic Econoline. It remembers me to the god old times of GTA SA modding.

Anyway, there is something that I want to ask yo: Any plans for combination car style ambulances or hearses? Wich moment did the LAFD (or other agency) stop using them?

Just now, Anto Mart said:

This ambulances are amazing. Lovely classic Econoline. It remembers me to the god old times of GTA SA modding.

Anyway, there is something that I want to ask yo: Any plans for combination car style ambulances or hearses? Wich moment did the LAFD (or other agency) stop using them?

LAFD wasn't even running ambulances when they stopped with hearse style ambos.

https://www.facebook.com/Los-Angeles-Fire-Department-Historical-Society-199703903548872

Tons of information is provided by the LAFD historical society. They know way more than I do.

Private ambulance companies such as McCormick did use them till the 70s based on some photos found there.

I have no plans on implementing them as they are too old for the scope of the mod.

• Upvote 1

Another 2 RA's to the fleet; An ALS version of the 1992 Type 2, and another variant to the Chevies.

I look forward to showing off the BLS versions soon.

Credit to MikeyPI for the Econoline van, and Hoppah for the Code3 XL lightbar texture.

untitled2.jpg

My second agenda is this ambulance.

I would like to consult with people here regarding whether it should be included or not. Only one picture of it exists, and it looks very off-spec to all other LAFD RA's, but it might be worth it to some players.
untitled2.jpg.97f5b8c1c90bb59a099ddd29ff8854a5.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Another 2 RA's to the fleet; An ALS version of the 1992 Type 2, and another variant to the Chevies.

Credit to MikeyPI for the Econoline van, and Hoppah for the Code3 XL lightbar texture.

untitled2.jpg

I would like to consult with people here regarding whether it should be included or not. Only one picture of it exists, and it looks very off-spec to all other LAFD RA's, but it might be worth it to some players.

Interesting that there is only one picture of it. I think it might be worth adding.

4 hours ago, itchboy said:

untitled2.jpg

As a fan of more obscure units, I'd really like it to be included. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, itchboy said:

untitled2.jpg

I will like to see it to

• Like 1

Discovered recently that LAFD did not have a USAR squad until 1990.resize.png.065c510f22ebda1a97ec9597f7d43764.png

I will have to work something out with replacing USAR in the 80s spawn set.

I have also been made aware that people are reuploading the mod's scripts and posting them on other sites and forums without my permission. The least you can do is ask. Next time, please PM me before doing that stuff.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1