itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

8 hours ago, mercurygrandmarquis1 said:

First off I love the mod. I have a few suggestions for this mod.

• Change the sirens for the later LAPD cars. When they switched from the Aerodynic to the MX7000 they switched siren from the 480k to the Unitrol Omega
  • Can you implement the shotgun script from the Montana Mod. The LAPD used shotguns in this era
  • Bring in a random vehicle script for spawning in patrol cars. IIRC Newfoundkings NYC Mod did this
  • The Caltrans van is a late 90s/early 2000s model
  • Can you add LASD deputies and CHP officers for the unmarked car?
  • The LAPD fleet was a mess up until the late 90s and during the time period of the 80s there would be some B body furies and the rare AMC matador  left in the fleet are these going to be included in the mod?
  • LAPD Supervisors station wagons?
  • Can you put the Unmarked impala from colors in lol

i069555.jpg

- I already have the Unitrol Omega implemented into the mod for those vehicles.

- I wont be adding shotguns to the submod.

- There already is a random vehicle script in the game, and a variant changer will be implemented in the future.

- The Caltrans van is a 1996-1997 which works based on all the other mid 90s cars in the submod.

- I wont add CHP and LASD into the unmarked vehicles because the unmarked units are LAPD spec anyway

- No I won't add an AMC Matador in there. Anything 60s that isn't a fire apparatus won't be included.

- I will add ONE supervisor station wagon if you can find what they used in the 80s and 90s. I won't implement in anything from the 60s or 70s. There's a picture out there of a 1977-1980 Caprice/Impala wagon but I need more pictures of it. 

- That is exactly the unmarked Impala I want to put in. Here it is with its Ford counterpart.Em4Deluxe 2021-03-23 12-25-59-49.png

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AgentSmith6 said:

I'll shoot you a PM with them in the next few days. The book has a whole chapter on special vehicles used by the LAPD and LASD in the mid-late 90s.

what's the name of that book? Sounds really interesting.

Loved those unmarked cars! Would you consider adding the '92 crown victoria too (since we have the '96)? Also plain clothed officers?

2 hours ago, ApollonDriver said:

Loved those unmarked cars! Would you consider adding the '92 crown victoria too (since we have the '96)? Also plain clothed officers?

Hey man I'd like to request that you refrain from double posting (posting consecutively twice within a short period of time)

If you have something quick to change or add, please use the edit button.

The upcoming CHP slicktop cars include a 1992 CVPI.

LAX Police has a 1993 which is pretty much the same.

Plain clothes officers are up for consideration, but it won't be anything major; I'll just reskin the "Profiler" to a detective. The ingame label and setup wont change, but the person icon probably will.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

On 3/24/2021 at 1:17 AM, Anto Mart said:

Nice work! Can I make you a question? Any plans for the 1990s prototypes of the CHP, like the Camry or the Volvos?

Those cars were ass and I'll probably put them up as non playable civilian vehicles.

EDIT: That rotating light demo that I said was a fail? I found another way to do it, but it isn't perfect.

https://youtu.be/oCcWylicJWI

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

On 3/23/2021 at 10:35 PM, itchboy said:

Those cars were ass and I'll probably put them up as non playable civilian vehicles.

EDIT: That rotating light demo that I said was a fail? I found another way to do it, but it isn't perfect.

Got copyright cucked on youtube, nice.

As long as its only claims and not strikes...your good lol

Otherwise, nice rotators!

Here's the latest updates to the PD fleet. Port Warden is merely Port Police pre 1987 or so.

The rest are variations of cars already in the mod such as LAPD's 1986 Caprices, CHP Diplomat with Jetsonic lightbar, and also, 2 older Airport Police units were added.

These units (and a lot others) don't have their rotator light effects done quite yet; we're saving that for when everything is finalized.
untitled2.thumb.jpg.e7ab097c91075d53560039599b099032.jpguntitled.thumb.jpg.16785f39446cb95371024dcc870be4b7.jpgAerodynic and Jetsonic lightbars by EmC unit, all other work by me including the LP6000 lightbar.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

You're adding airport police, but we don't have an airport in the map? Also would this mod work on the deluxe map? Just for a change. 

32 minutes ago, ApollonDriver said:

You're adding airport police, but we don't have an airport in the map? Also would this mod work on the deluxe map? Just for a change. 

I'm throwing it in for sake of the original mod. There's already another 2 airport units in the mod btw, along with the crash tender so I wanted to at least fill it enough. I would someday like a proper map of LAX and the Port of Los Angeles (for any era or mod), but that will be something for the future. I do hope that some people reading these posts will be willing to help there.

There isn't really going to be a distinct deluxe map, I'll probably make deluxe events on the current LA mod map and settle it there.

I do have plans for another project involving the Em3 map so stay tuned on that one.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

I'm throwing it in for sake of the original mod. There's already another 2 airport units in the mod btw, along with the crash tender so I wanted to at least fill it enough. I would someday like a proper map of LAX and the Port of Los Angeles (for any era or mod), but that will be something for the future. I do hope that some people reading these posts will be willing to help there.

There isn't really going to be a distinct deluxe map, I'll probably make deluxe events on the current LA mod map and settle it there.

I do have plans for another project involving the Em3 map so stay tuned on that one.

No no, I mean can I play on base game's deluxe map with this mod? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, bit of a noob in this :D

ooh it's very cool! can't wait to use it!