itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

15 minutes ago, ApollonDriver said:

😅 yeah lol apparently I forgot to turn it on, tried today and it worked, sorry to bother you. 

But I have another question now. In the manual it says, that 1965 model SWAT truck has a watercannon. But it's not available in the game, the button is just not there. Is it a bug or is it just non-existent? It would be pretty cool to use it during those annoying demonstrations. 

Also, I had disabled demonstration and arson calls but today both of them happened to me, how? 

Lastly :'D why don't we have a LAFD tanker? 

The water cannon was disabled cause it was causing CTDs if I remember right. 

48 minutes ago, Squad 65 said:

The water cannon was disabled cause it was causing CTDs if I remember right. 

1 hour ago, ApollonDriver said:

😅 yeah lol apparently I forgot to turn it on, tried today and it worked, sorry to bother you. 

But I have another question now. In the manual it says, that 1965 model SWAT truck has a watercannon. But it's not available in the game, the button is just not there. Is it a bug or is it just non-existent? It would be pretty cool to use it during those annoying demonstrations. 

Also, I had disabled demonstration and arson calls but today both of them happened to me, how? 

Lastly :'D why don't we have a LAFD tanker? 

The real truck does not have a cannon. Disregard the manual of the original LA mod.

You might have disabled the wrong freeplay file.

I don't see the point of a tanker because there's already the ability to chain fire engines together.

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

The real truck does not have a cannon. Disregard the manual of the original LA mod.

You might have disabled the wrong freeplay file.

I don't see the point of a tanker because there's already the ability to chain fire engines together.

Oh didn't know about the real version of it, it always looked like it had a cannon to me lol (I blame GTA SA) 

No actually I am sure I disabled the correct freeplay file but it's okay as I managed to handle both calls, but with a tanker it could be easier since a tanker can carry more water than a regular engine. 

Here's a new one to the fleet. Its two cars but actually just one, with only the front being different.

If it wasn't obvious based on the recent updates, I'm branching this mod out to include 80s units now.

This is LAPD's patrol car from 1980-81. Short, but its still important to include.

The Dodge version of this model will be configured to CHP spec for their 1980 squads.desktop.thumb.jpg.5457fc0e16a74061968fe2f55ff8f726.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

You know what would be awesome? If we had two cops that are modeled after Sergeant Martin Riggs and Sergeant Roger Murtaugh. Then I could take down racist diplomats at the docks and save cats from bomb explosions. 

• Upvote 1

You know what would be awesome? If we had two cops that are modeled after Sergeant Martin Riggs and Sergeant Roger Murtaugh. Then I could take down racist diplomats at the docks and save cats from bomb explosions. 

Yes that would be amazing lol...I have diplomatic immunity

13 minutes ago, gunswat said:

Yes that would be amazing lol...I have diplomatic immunity

Just been revoked!

Hey guys, I don't know why but all of my civilian crown vics lost their wheels. They had them normally, but a couple of days ago I responded to a vehicle fire and burning car was (guess what) a crown vic. I saved the game and exited while that call was active and when I reentered the game, poof! all were gone.

Also, I don't know if it has anything to do with this mod but the game doesn't listen to my audio commands. I muted my PC but I could still hear sirens and personnel speaking. I lowered the volume, no response. I plugged in my earphones, audio didn't switch to them. I saved the game and exited and I am sure that when I enter the game the sound issue will reset itself, but I thought maybe it has something to do with this mod and you can fix it. 

Again, also, (:D) half of my civilian vehicles are base game cars. I'm playing this mod as a standalone mod, is it because of that?

20210317160746_1.jpg

The CVPI wheels and traffic are intentional because I will be replacing all the civilian cars someday. I explained previously in the thread that we haven't made NPC cars yet.

I don't know about the voice commands. Nobody has ever taken that feature seriously since 2007.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, itchboy said:

The CVPI wheels and traffic are intentional because I will be replacing all the civilian cars someday. I explained previously in the thread that we haven't made NPC cars yet.

I don't know about the voice commands. Nobody has ever taken that feature seriously since 2007.

Oh well I thought you guys made some civ cars because in one of your posts you said you will start making those, I guess not finished yet.

About the crown vic, weird because I thought they had wheels before. I remember wrong I suppose. 

Audio problem I mention isn't about voice commands, I'm talking about just normal sound of the game. Like, I turn the volume down, but nothing happens, I still hear the game. 

No we're far from done. You will see updates here when they come around. I got quite a lot of special sauce coming with that.

They never had wheels because I yeeted them from the mod.

I can't explain the audio problem. I've never heard of the audio volume not changing.

Anyway some updates from me:unknown.png
unknown.pngIncoming batch of new sedans coming to the mod.

I also did this fun render that isn't for Em4.unknown.png

Additionally, I have reworked the LA county squad rear end. That thing looked too deep-fried so I doubled the resolution on the texture.

Besides this, I got 2 new county squads incoming.untitled2.thumb.jpg.8a4ce7fc5630b251778100e2c7e01065.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sweet cars! Loved the Caprice especially! Also can't wait for civ cars too! Also I would like to suggest an unmarked SUV and plain clothes police officers. 

• Upvote 1

By the way, do you plan to add more callouts to this mod? They start to get repetitive after a while, though it might be because I'm playing this as standalone maybe having it as LA submod adds more callouts but I don't know :)

On 3/18/2021 at 6:18 PM, ApollonDriver said:

By the way, do you plan to add more callouts to this mod? They start to get repetitive after a while, though it might be because I'm playing this as standalone maybe having it as LA submod adds more callouts but I don't know :)

You already have every callout that exists, unless you have deluxe, which gets you another 4.

Another set of assets going into the game. No lights on these yet, just like the last batch.

Credits to Hoppah for the county squad rear that I modified to work with these 90s assets. All other work is mine.

untitled.thumb.jpg.02991e874f37bebd0a690b0639849a34.jpguntitled2.thumb.jpg.ba14d0e3ed7273456378584485ddb3af.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

You already have every callout that exists, unless you have deluxe, which gets you another 4.

Another set of assets going into the game. No lights on these yet, just like the last batch.

Credits to Hoppah for the county squad rear that I modified to work with these 90s assets. All other work is mine.

untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

BEST on BEST  ,you deserve a lot of respect and you are impressive in your creations.