itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

I was fixing some stuff and nearly went to bed without uploading it.

Its back up, and I added some more fixes.

Sadly I am not quite sure if any of the MP stuff works because I haven't been able to sit down with some people and test.

I'm counting on you two and the rest of you to figure it out.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, itchboy said:

I was fixing some stuff and nearly went to bed without uploading it.

Its back up, and I added some more fixes.

Sadly I am not quite sure if any of the MP stuff works because I haven't been able to sit down with some people and test.

I'm counting on you two and the rest of you to figure it out.

We are on it itch. 

7 minutes ago, stockboy8 said:

me :)

Massachussetts but your name is CanadianFrog? Or is that somebody else?

Anyway I have posted more fixes, but the big fish to fry is parking script. Still working on that and some polishing of existing concepts.

If the MP expansion goes well, then I'll go back to Miami and implement the fixes there.

Afterward, when all of that is done, maybe then I can finish Montana mod.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Massachussetts but your name is CanadianFrog? Or is that somebody else?

Anyway I have posted more fixes, but the big fish to fry is parking script. Still working on that and some polishing of existing concepts.

If the MP expansion goes well, then I'll go back to Miami and implement the fixes there.

Afterward, when all of that is done, maybe then I can finish Montana mod.

If you must know the story, I threw darts at a map to pick this name- but to answer your question, Yes, I am CanadianFrog

The main problem I've encountered is with the spawners, the vehicles will be yours but the personal will belong to the host.

22 minutes ago, stockboy8 said:

If you must know the story, I threw darts at a map to pick this name.

The main problem I've encountered is with the spawners, the vehicles will be yours but the personal will belong to the host.

I've tried a few methods to fix it. The bugfixes.rar was updated with yet another change that I hope fixes this once and for all so I can move on already.

i must say i don't get how to install this mod in standalone 😕 i got all the 4 part.rar files but should all of them need to be extracted into the mod folder or just the 1part.rar ?  cause there is the "Project Nostalgia Submod Patches and Bugfixes.rar" and when i tried to merge them it overrides a lot of files apparently, the description of the download mod could use some precision or a .readme perhaps ?

Recently got bored, since the homies and I finished up on Northview and we're all busy with our lives we haven't played EM4 like we used to. Decided to go on the hunt of some new mods to play after getting bored of BFE. And holy shit bro. I don't know how I slept on this for so long. Master class mod, I played it for most of the day yesterday while recovering from being sick, this is the best coat of paint and fresh air I've seen in the LA Mod since Xplorer's mod. Stellar job man. 

4 hours ago, Wolfblade911 said:

i must say i don't get how to install this mod in standalone 😕 i got all the 4 part.rar files but should all of them need to be extracted into the mod folder or just the 1part.rar ?  cause there is the "Project Nostalgia Submod Patches and Bugfixes.rar" and when i tried to merge them it overrides a lot of files apparently, the description of the download mod could use some precision or a .readme perhaps ?

You want to override them all.

12 hours ago, Grim_Wizard said:

Recently got bored, since the homies and I finished up on Northview and we're all busy with our lives we haven't played EM4 like we used to. Decided to go on the hunt of some new mods to play after getting bored of BFE. And holy shit bro. I don't know how I slept on this for so long. Master class mod, I played it for most of the day yesterday while recovering from being sick, this is the best coat of paint and fresh air I've seen in the LA Mod since Xplorer's mod. Stellar job man. 

Thanks man. Means a lot coming from one of the OG's. Hope Chris and losangelesi are alright where they are.

1 hour ago, The Loot said:

One little thing I ran into checking things out: the Bomb Squad SUV can be called by the Patrol Car command, which I think had gone back to the front of the station and that may have caused it.

I added in a prototype check for all patrol cars so that the bomb squad would never be called.

I find this to be impossible unless I missed something in the conditions.

WIth that in mind, it might be worth it adding in redundancies if the current conditions fail.

Yeah, I see how that's set up, so I'm not sure how it happened.

Testing again, it seems to be the vehicle being parked in front of the station ignores the prototype check, as it and the SWAT truck are ignored if parked in the lot (at least the two starting spots).

11 hours ago, The Loot said:

Yeah, I see how that's set up, so I'm not sure how it happened.

Testing again, it seems to be the vehicle being parked in front of the station ignores the prototype check, as it and the SWAT truck are ignored if parked in the lot (at least the two starting spots).

I'll try adding a few "return false" lines to make it work.

Hello everyone, so I am super new to modding EM4 and there is something I couldn't really understand while installing this mod. Do I put only part1 into my "mods" folder (I came to this conclusion because it is what it says on the mods download page)? If so, then why am I downloading others?

On 3/8/2021 at 6:18 AM, itchboy said:

Download all four parts because they are "connected" to one another.

Then extract using part 1 only to avoid confusion.

Okay thanks, I figured it out thanks to a tutorial someone (Squad 65 I think) uploaded to this thread. It's an AMAZING mod, thanks to everyone for their effort. Also you got the 90s feel just in place because my small demonstration call just turned into 1992 Los Angeles riots :D Had to send 5 SWAT teams but didn't do the trick, protesters just kept coming! 😅

Also, I am not sure if it's normal or not since I am a rookie at this, but when I attach a hose to a firetruck, firefighter is not able to use the hose, he isn't extinguishing the fire.

4 hours ago, ApollonDriver said:

Also, I am not sure if it's normal or not since I am a rookie at this, but when I attach a hose to a firetruck, firefighter is not able to use the hose, he isn't extinguishing the fire.

How exactly? Is the command for extinguish and cool not there? Or does he just not do anything at all?

My most likely guess is that you forgot to turn on the water pump of the fire engine.

7 hours ago, itchboy said:

How exactly? Is the command for extinguish and cool not there? Or does he just not do anything at all?

My most likely guess is that you forgot to turn on the water pump of the fire engine.

Yeah the command for extinguish and cool aren't showing up, it might be about the pump though. I will try it tomorrow and will let you know. 

On 3/9/2021 at 5:08 PM, itchboy said:

😅 yeah lol apparently I forgot to turn it on, tried today and it worked, sorry to bother you. 

But I have another question now. In the manual it says, that 1965 model SWAT truck has a watercannon. But it's not available in the game, the button is just not there. Is it a bug or is it just non-existent? It would be pretty cool to use it during those annoying demonstrations. 

Also, I had disabled demonstration and arson calls but today both of them happened to me, how? 

Lastly :'D why don't we have a LAFD tanker?