itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

19 minutes ago, Tamir said:

If I got a save that has 20+ mins, when I put the bugfixes in, can I continue with that save or need to make a new game?

also (this is me just asking you don't have to do it if you can't/don't want to) will you be able to update here or on the actual downloadable page for each version what you added/fixed, just so it will be easy to know whats new and what not

I don't know about savegame stability. It would be cool if you could try and confirm for us.

I think I will add a changelog to the updates from now on, so that you can be guided. I figured a post would be enough but you are correct that I should do better with regards to documentation.

54 minutes ago, itchboy said:

I don't know about savegame stability. It would be cool if you could try and confirm for us.

I think I will add a changelog to the updates from now on, so that you can be guided. I figured a post would be enough but you are correct that I should do better with regards to documentation.

so after I added the new bugfixes and replaced the files, I got in the save and yes it does work if you add fixes

Mod is amazing and attention to details is crazy.

I noticed that front right-corner blinker on SWAT Heavy Rescue Truck isn't working.

Also there's missing dot after "D" in BLS Ambulance roof #848, on rear left doors. "L.A.F.D", i bet it's not intended. SWAT Rescue 3 (water cannon) doesn't have dot aswell ("L.A.P.D", both sides I believe).

Engineers Van should have ability to turn on front lighbar and rear traffic advisor simultanously imho. Maybe Coroner's Van aswell. Right now turning on traffic advisor causes shutting off 4/5 of the lights, quite odd looking.

23 minutes ago, acin00 said:

Mod is amazing and attention to details is crazy.

I noticed that front right-corner blinker on SWAT Heavy Rescue Truck isn't working.

Also there's missing dot after "D" in BLS Ambulance roof #848, on rear left doors. "L.A.F.D", i bet it's not intended. SWAT Rescue 3 (water cannon) doesn't have dot aswell ("L.A.P.D", both sides I believe).

Engineers Van should have ability to turn on front lighbar and rear traffic advisor simultanously imho. Maybe Coroner's Van aswell. Right now turning on traffic advisor causes shutting off 4/5 of the lights, quite odd looking.

The Heavy Rescue truck does have that issue and I'll take care of it next time.

Ambulance 848 is quite the mindfuck. I actually had the period after the D, but after review of reference photos, they didn't have it.unnamed.jpg.8c8e3cd144857b42bec9372755734f8f.jpg

The big V100 does have a mistake on the lettering which I will fix soon.

The other traffic advisor equipped vehicles run on the same "override" script that turns off the lights of units when you turn directionals on. If you feel that the current setup doesn't look right, then I'll add some exceptions in the scripts.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure if its a bug but if you get a supply line to the brush truck and then do a rely from the brush truck to a engine/the water tender, you can't get another attack line (I'm pretty sure its not because of the supply line) 

LAFD Fire Engine 2 #202 doesn't have lights on at night. I mean no wig-wags, no beams, no tail lights, nothing. In the same time Engine #204 is all fine.

Also I have question about LAPD markings on a tailgate. I believe they're police stations numbers, at first those seems a bit random, but I can see some kind of pattern, #17 is the most common. Can you say something more, is it intended as a station on the map, am I correct? If not, maybe it could be an additional idea for future vehicle's upgrade system u mentioned?

On 2/16/2021 at 6:48 PM, acin00 said:

LAFD Fire Engine 2 #202 doesn't have lights on at night. I mean no wig-wags, no beams, no tail lights, nothing. In the same time Engine #204 is all fine.

Also I have question about LAPD markings on a tailgate. I believe they're police stations numbers, at first those seems a bit random, but I can see some kind of pattern, #17 is the most common. Can you say something more, is it intended as a station on the map, am I correct? If not, maybe it could be an additional idea for future vehicle's upgrade system u mentioned?

I don't think I've encountered the light glitch on the older seagrave engine. I will have to look into it though just in case something was missed. The wig-wags aren't even on a day/night cycle slot so I can't explain what went wrong with it. Only that maybe I screwed up the flood light script on it.

The trunk numbers are fictional, because I didn't really choose one. If it does correspond with a real station, then that's good.

I won't change up the numbers, or factor into the vehicle changer. All I want for that command is to give you a different variation of that vehicle, say an alternate between a 1991 Ford and a 1983 one.

[hr]

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me"

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
149765166_890970884997589_57249979259664
unknown.png
Skin by Ibarra; this isn't for a specific mod, just a fun thing I wanted to do

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, itchboy said:

I don't think I've encountered the light glitch on the older seagrave engine. I will have to look into it though just in case something was missed. The wig-wags aren't even on a day/night cycle slot so I can't explain what went wrong with it. Only that maybe I screwed up the flood light script on it.

The trunk numbers are fictional, because I didn't really choose one. If it does correspond with a real station, then that's good.

I won't change up the numbers, or factor into the vehicle changer. All I want for that command is to give you a different variation of that vehicle, say an alternate between a 1991 Ford and a 1983 one.

Hide contents

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me"untitled1.jpg.1c5d849063ff93ba370abed42adfca17.jpg
untitled2.thumb.jpg.76f130af5a3d845c4229ca399fa40fc2.jpg

Skin by Ibarra; this isn't for a specific mod, just a fun thing I wanted to do

Robocop 1987 EPIC

On 2/14/2021 at 7:09 PM, itchboy said:

I've uploaded the heli fix, but I haven't worked on the missions being fixed quite yet.

Try out the heli fix at least so you guys can confirm if things are working.

In the meantime I am making dev modern 2016-2021 assets for the modding community.

Alright I'll test it when I can. Also do you know how to get the editor to work on the steam deluxe version? I've already gotten the editor to launch but all get is the same menus from the normal game. I don't get a single editor tool as shown on every tutorial video

3 minutes ago, LT_Shadow said:

Alright I'll test it when I can. Also do you know how to get the editor to work on the steam deluxe version? I've already gotten the editor to launch but all get is the same menus from the normal game. I don't get a single editor tool as shown on every tutorial video

The deluxe editor bug has no real solution for now. We do know the cause: The Em4 deluxe .exe had a change done to it for Steam that broke the command line functions. The command lines now seem to "auto-load" the game into a certain mission.

According to a friend, you could try putting the -editor command line through steam, but I don't know if it works.

6 minutes ago, itchboy said:

The deluxe editor bug has no real solution for now. We do know the cause: The Em4 deluxe .exe had a change done to it for Steam that broke the command line functions. The command lines now seem to "auto-load" the game into a certain mission.

According to a friend, you could try putting the -editor command line through steam, but I don't know if it works.

I've put -editor on the shortcut through properties as for doing it through steam I have no idea how or I find it. If its just open steam, right click, properties then I doubt it works

Tiller works in the missions and the heli is fixed just tested them

Here's a video from a the rejected modding feature that I tried. This is not a feature showcase, but a an epic fail video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s5DatDMEQgwg4KPkIj5M_bXYii9lrQqz/view

This rotator light effect is not possible with the current known methods. It is broken because when you move the vehicle away, the rotating light effect will stay in place and not travel with the vehicle.

I will implement this into all my mods someday, when a better method is found.

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

Here's a video from a the rejected modding feature that I tried. This is not a feature showcase, but a an epic fail video.

This rotator light effect is not possible with the current known methods. It is broken because when you move the vehicle away, the rotating light effect will stay in place and not travel with the vehicle.

Its nice but I never understood it

I am currently working on multiplayer for this submod.

I have set out the distribution of units for each of the four players.

The players can spawn in these units using dummy spawners that I will be providing as well.

After that update is uploaded, I will be asking for people's feedback.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, itchboy said:

I remember trying exactly the same thing a few years ago. At least you didn't do it to all your vehicles before testing how it works... 😕

I have found the cause for why paramedics randomly disappear when you call them.

I am uploading a fix for that, and also an untested alpha version of MP functions. If anybody is available to try the mod in MP, let me know how many bugs you encounter.

I know at least that the parking script is not compatible with MP. Some work will have to be done to fix that.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, itchboy said:

I have found the cause for why paramedics randomly disappear when you call them.

I am uploading a fix for that, and also an untested alpha version of MP functions. If anybody is available to try the mod in MP, let me know how many bugs you encounter.

I know at least that the parking script is not compatible with MP. Some work will have to be done to fix that.

I’m up for the multiplayer testing. I know a few others too.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:58 PM, itchboy said:

Found out the problem. In order to access the games editor through steam. You have to launch it from your library which will then give you the option to launch which application you want. It actually does work. Just takes a few minutes to figure out since every tutorial out there is outdated

On 2/26/2021 at 2:02 AM, itchboy said:

Spawners in MP are a black box and crash your game when you spawn them in. then the chase command also popped up a script error and crashed the other player. 

6 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

Spawners in MP are a black box and crash your game when you spawn them in. then the chase command also popped up a script error and crashed the other player. 

I'll check it out ASAP.

I realized late last night that I forgot the MP spawner prototypes; that's my bad.

The chase command is something I lifted directly from another mod, so I will have to find out what I missed.