itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

4 hours ago, F1sura said:

Is it possible to add a tanker? It's just a question. thank you and the mod has a good future!

http://www.usfirepolice.net/ca_california/ca_los_angeles_county_1/ca_lacofd_retired/ca_lacofd_retired_tanker.html

Most likely not. It would require me to make LA County firefighters and their whole agency.

• Like 1

Enjoying the submod, great job.  The only problem I'd say I have so far is regarding water supply (the fact there aren't many hydrants in some areas coupled with there being no tanker(s)

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Enjoying the submod, great job.  The only problem I'd say I have so far is regarding water supply (the fact there aren't many hydrants in some areas coupled with there being no tanker(s)

I implemented engine to engine connections to get around this problem, but I plan on taking it a step further and implementing a script for a 4 way hydrant splitter (better known as Hydrassist) that allows hydrants to be used by up to 3 vehicles.

That's something for the future though. Maybe it will be developed for Montana, maybe for this mod. I'll have to experiment first.

• Upvote 2

On 1/31/2021 at 11:56 PM, Tank said:

Disfrutando del submod, gran trabajo. El único problema que diría que tengo hasta ahora es con respecto al suministro de agua (el hecho de que no hay muchos hidrantes en algunas áreas, además de que no hay camiones cisterna)

I use a truck as a mother truck, that way I can supply the other trucks if there are no hydrants,
On the other hand, I wanted to see if it is normal that when diverting traffic with an officer, the emergency vehicles that patrol the city do not obey the order.

19 hours ago, F1sura said:

I use a truck as a mother truck, that way I can supply the other trucks if there are no hydrants,
On the other hand, I wanted to see if it is normal that when diverting traffic with an officer, the emergency vehicles that patrol the city do not obey the order.

Yeah, that's normal, same way they ignore traffic lights unless there's queueing traffic.

I downloaded parts 1, 2. 3, 4 and the patch but jZip is refusing to do it. Says the files are not a supported format. 

On 2/2/2021 at 2:43 PM, F1sura said:

On 2/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, theocd said:

Yeah, that's normal, same way they ignore traffic lights unless there's queueing traffic.

itchboy actually figured out how to fix it a while back, and looks like the patrol script in this mod includes it.

4 hours ago, BrooklynDispatcher said:

Can confirm; traffic lights are extremely fast. Cycles last for like half of a second. 

On 2/7/2021 at 12:40 PM, Mikey_CDN said:

Exactly, always near the tunnel on the north-east side and south east-sides where vehicles spawn (EDIT: You can see the bug in TheNorthernAlex's recent freeplay video)

I have uploaded a possible fix for it. Its in the Submod Patches and bugfixes.rar. The light timings on the problematic lights were boosted and I hope it works for you.

3 hours ago, Giacomo Govoni said:

I have a question, is it normal that in free to play there is no 1988 Caprice unmarked, 1995 Caprice unmarked, and other patrol cars that are in the editor while not in game? did i have some procedure wrong or should they just be entered ?

They randomly spawn in by chance. I did not make unit icons and slots for them because it would make the load times worse. Instead, I will make a "change car" script in the future so you can have whatever variant you want in your playthrough.

• Upvote 1