RAGE2sage

Multiplayer Issues

so me and a friend are trying to play multiplayer, i have the normal edition and he has deluxe, every time i try to host a server, when he tries to join, it says "client and server have different files" and he cant join we noticed that mine said US and his said EN, is there any fix for this

On 6/1/2019 at 3:03 AM, itchboy said:

I think the game version matters, but I am not sure. I tried an MP game with a few guys who had 911FR while I have Deluxe, and there were no problems.

Have you checked if the mod files are the same for both you and your friend?

I'm having the same issue. We are both running the same mod (with slight edits, but both users have the same files) and we are getting a mismatched files error. Any ideas? 

Em4 is a strange bitch.

After making that post, I had an unusual experience.

Myself and some friends encountered the same file error no matter what we did.

A friend bought me 911FR off Steam for me and it worked for us through that.

We tested again using the exact same files but with me on Em4 Deluxe, and it broke.

However, one of the other users also was on Em4 Deluxe and did not have problems, so because of that, I can only recommend trying out multiple versions of the game.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:39 PM, RobertB said:

I'm having the same issue. We are both running the same mod (with slight edits, but both users have the same files) and we are getting a mismatched files error. Any ideas? 

That may be the issue. Try (both of you) using the default files. 
It may depend on what the edits are. Some edits only cause changes locally, only you see them, some are shared in a multiplayer game. 
Match checks check specific files and their contents for default settings comparing them to the vanilla files/settings/code. If anything doesn't match what the check checks....mismatch *kersplat*.