mesecur

Editor not saving changes

Hello,

Well, as the title states, my editor is not (always) saving the changes I made. Today, I've been working a vehicle's lights for half an hour, only to find out the editor didn't save them after I closed it. Also, childs such as doors aren't always saved to the vehicles.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my game?

11 hours ago, mesecur said:

Hello,

Well, as the title states, my editor is not (always) saving the changes I made. Today, I've been working a vehicle's lights for half an hour, only to find out the editor didn't save them after I closed it. Also, childs such as doors aren't always saved to the vehicles.

Are you running the editor as an administrator? That was the problem for me.

13 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

Are you running the editor as an administrator? That was the problem for me.

I have tried both with and without administrator rights. Doesn't do the trick.. http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png

On 10/28/2017 at 8:13 AM, mesecur said:

Hello,

did you hit save and not cancel

Just now, Squad 65 said:

did you hit save and not cancel

I had the same vehicle without doors (before editing) and with doors (after editing) in my editor. (Also updated the lights 'n stuff.) I closed the editor. Reopened it, reloaded the mod and the changes were gone.

1 minute ago, Squad 65 said:

did you save the lights is what i mean

Uhm.. Yes. I clicked OK (And obviously not cancel) Once I clicked the vehicle in the prototypes-window it had the new lights. Restarting the editor made them disappear.

Yes, it was running in administratormode.

So --> Prototypes --> vehicle --> Edit (Prototype opens) --> edit lights --> *make changes* --> ok (close 'edit lights')--> ok (close 'prototype') --> close editor --> reopen editor and *poof*.. changes gone.