RestingVermin

Las Vegas Modification! [Not in progress]

Well now, you can have a low number of units that reside on the map yet have the map be a fusion of a larger area. Think of it like playing LA Mod with just station 2, or so forth. Having a lower number of on-map units doesn't necessarily mean you have to make the map 100% realistic to a specific area of Vegas, just that they don't want 30+ units all stationed on the map. Make sense?

To OP: Basically, your mod would have one FD station on the map, maybe a police outpost. Hospital would take too much space.

You would have only 3 or 4 on map vehicles, while everything else (however many) is called from off map. It would actually benefit performance and filesize not having a hospital or policestation.

Consider doing a setup where police cruisers come in once in a while, park at a spot, and you have an option of making them leave or letting them stay.

For calling off map units, you would need to have a dispatcher code similar to Montana or one of the German mods. This code will replace the original lower left menu and act as the new way for getting units on map. You can add stuff like limits, and random spawning, even multiple vehicle variants under each spawn code.

24 minutes ago, Connor Brumleve said:

since there is no actual fire station on las vegas blvd, i would do a station with at least 1 engine, 1 ladder, and one rescue als ambulance. like maybe hq station. it had 2 engines, 1 ladder, and 3 ambulances

There is one very close to it. Clark County Station 32. It's between the Highway and the Blvd.

12 hours ago, itchboy said:

For calling off map units, you would need to have a dispatcher code similar to Montana or one of the German mods. This code will replace the original lower left menu and act as the new way for getting units on map. You can add stuff like limits, and random spawning, even multiple vehicle variants under each spawn code.

I have no idea how to do this. I'll try to look into it though.

I do wanna again point out that most of LV Blvd (as well as the Station that you're talking about) will need whole new models to be utilized correctly

You don't necessarily don't have to do it to the extent that some German modifications go to, but can have a character that spawns onscreen which functions like a dispatcher, calling in units from out of map. I can help you with getting that set up if you'd like, once everything is sorted out and you know what units you want/have

On 2/20/2017 at 4:10 PM, Axxif said:

I do wanna again point out that most of LV Blvd (as well as the Station that you're talking about) will need whole new models to be utilized correctly

You don't necessarily don't have to do it to the extent that some German modifications go to, but can have a character that spawns onscreen which functions like a dispatcher, calling in units from out of map. I can help you with getting that set up if you'd like, once everything is sorted out and you know what units you want/have

I'm going to do my best to make models so it does fit in on the Blvd. 

I will contact you when I know more about units! Thanks!

Now I will see what units I want to be in and start doing those. 

• Upvote 2

Hey, it's been a while.

I'm sorry that I just left without any explanation at all and that I started something once again that I didn't finish. 

I will no longer work on this mod. I'm not sure what I'm going to do within the emergency 4 modding community. Now I am thinking about doing something, whether that be a small project or a big one. Probably a small one. And my aim to finish it. Now I don't expect you to trust me or support what I'll do because I've never completed what I have finished. And that I am sorry about.

Now if I decide to do something  I'll make another thread about it and more info will be there. Any suggestions are very much welcome so if you have any please post them in this thread.

Now I know I've already said this but again I am truly sorry for hyping up ''false'' things. 

• Upvote 2