ItsLeandro

The Netherlands Mod [WIP]

THE NETHERLANDS MOD

What is The Netherlands Mod?

The Netherlands Mod will be a continuation of the former Dutch Mod, with initiative-taker FrozenOne-94, and following-up developer Ben12. As of now both of them have stopped with Emergency 5 modding, and so I decided to take over the project. The Netherlands Mod is a modification for Emergency 5, 2016 and 2017 which changes the standard German theme to a Dutch one. First thing that I changed was the mod name, from Dutch Mod to The Netherlands Mod. In my opinion this suits the mod better. My goal is to keep the mod working after new updates and adding new features.

Features of The Netherlands Mod

Here you will find all the features of the mod. Every new version of the mod will also include the features of the previous versions, unless otherwise noted.

Features    
v1.0.1 Latest version  
  Unlimited Units Amount of vehicles is unlimited on every map. This means that you don't need to worry about vehicle management.
  Textures & Models
  • Pretty much all (standard) Emergency vehicles have Dutch skinning.
  • The standard police helicopter has been replaced with a Dutch model, including Dutch skinning.
  Audio The standard German sirens have been replaced with Dutch sirens.
  Video The second video you are prompted with when starting up Emergency, has been replaced with a
video showing off some Dutch emergency vehicles. So don't spam spacebar when starting up Emergency :thumbsup: !
  Main menu The Emergency main menu background has been replaced with a Dutch background.

v1.0.2 Upcoming version These are the features planned for the upcoming version, v1.0.2. So this means that these features aren't available yet!
  Killerconsti's Mini Mod This version will contain commands and other features of Killerconsti's Mini Mod. Thank you Killerconsti
for making this possible.
  Audio The sirens from v1.0.1 will be replaced with new sirens. Thank you Ropie58 for supplying me with them!
  TEC Base There will be a new base for TEC units. Here a picture of the base, which is still work in progress:
  Fire Station There will also be a (small) fire station. This fire station will hold a RW, TLF, DLK and one NEF.
  Police checkpoints There will be police checkpoints around the cities, where vehicles will be pulled over and
get checked. In the beginning there will only be one checkpoint, where one vehicle is
being checked. In the future I hope to add a script which actually randomly pulls
over civilians, but that's something for later.

Downloads

Here you can find all the available downloads of The Netherlands Mod.

Downloads Date EmergencyPlanet FileBase MediaFire
v1.0.1 27-Jan-2017 http://www.emergency-planet.com/files/file/1204-the-netherlands-mod/ https://www.mediafire.com/?slsdm0717oylqt4

Bugs and Suggestions

Have you found a bug in The Netherlands Mod? Or do you have an awesome suggestion? Well, I am happy to hear from you! You can do so here: https://goo.gl/forms/ybaWT3kAYYRYqETD3.

Known bugs    
v1.0.1 There is no recovery crane available. Thank you markp400 for letting me know! This will be fixed in the next version, v1.0.2.

On this thread I hope to post updates regularly, to show you guys progression made on The Netherlands Mod. I will happily receive any feedback, since this will only make The Netherlands Mod better. If you want to get in contact with me, you can send me a private message or e-mail.

Feel free to leave comments here, I will be looking forward to them!

TNM_Logo.png

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Killerconsti said:

The easiest way is to add my mod to the modloader and place the NL mod after it this way the listeners are activ and you dont have too much trouble.

Ooh! I didn't know you added this to your Minimod, I will try it out, thanks  

By the way, here you guys can find some samples of the sirens:

Spoiler

• Upvote 1

Some new updates regarding The Netherlands Mod:

• Police men and doctors now again have the correct Dutch skins.
  • Dutch sirens are fully implemented and working.
  • When you start up the game, the second clip (after the Deep Silver intro) has been customized to a video with some Dutch emergency vehicles. This is not the final product, but atleast it's something.
  • The main menu now has a new background (I still need to adjust the loading screens though)
  • When you click on the Credits button in the main menu it will show the people that have contributed to The Netherlands Mod (as of now), so not the Emergency 5/2016/2017 credits.
  • Right now I am busy with implementing some features of Killerconsti's Mini Mod.
  • Regarding the Volkswagen T5 police car, I have finished the back of the car, but I still have problems getting the skin working in-game.
  • The vehicle selection menu now has the correct Dutch icons & avatars

I hope to release v1.0.1 as soon as I have finished implementing some features of Killerconsti's Minimod and getting the Volkswagen T5 work in-game.

That's all for now.

• Upvote 2

Hey guys,

Time for a little update about The Netherlands Mod. I haven't been able to work on the mod for a while, because I am busy with school exams. My last exams are next week, and I will then continue developing the mod. 

Meanwhile I have also upgraded my pc, including a fresh Windows install. I have been working a lot on making a compatible version of 'Killerconsti's Mini Mod', but now as soon as you launch The Netherlands Mod with the Mini Mod, the game instantly crashes. I don't know why it isn't working anymore, but I do think it has do to do with the formatting of my pc. I will soon take a closer look at it, and hopefully be able to fix it

As of now I will supply you guys with The Netherlands Mod v1.0.1 for Emergency 5, 2016 & 2017. It doesn't include a lot of features (neither the Mini Mod), but it is at least playable. It does contain some bugs, which should be fixed as soon as I get the Mini Mod compatible.

Right now I am uploading the mod to the filebase, which I hope will be approved as soon as possible.

That's it for now!

Hey guys,

A little update on The Netherlands Mod. 

From now on you can report bugs or suggestions via this Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/ybaWT3kAYYRYqETD3. It's pretty self-explanatory.

Right now I am busy with a new map, containing new missions, stations (so no more HQ!) and such. You can find the new TEC base, which is still a work in progress, at the bottom of this post.

From now on the TEC ground vehicles (except the crane, it will be parked) will spawn out of the white garage. As you can see there is also a new tow truck, which is also still a work in progress. In the upcoming days I hope to work on adding more stations, especially a hospital, and getting rid of the boring HQ!

Implementing the Mini Mod features is also still happening, but takes a little while because I started from scratch again.

That's it for now! Make sure to leave suggestions and report bugs using: https://goo.gl/forms/ybaWT3kAYYRYqETD3

Kind regards,

ItsLeandro

tecbase-822017.PNG

• Upvote 1

Okay! So far so good. I'm glad that we can look forward now to a new Dutch Moderator who's willing to give the development of our Dutch Mod a new boost. Let's hope that the former Dutch MOD players will enjoy and appreciate your efforts and trouble to make this all work. After all, we've been disappointed two times earlier now in the development of a Dutch Mod before, be advised: I'm not criticizing the former moderators in any way - they had their honest reasons to stop moderating any longer, but it would be nice if this time it would all just work out fine. And looking at the way you’re picking things up, is giving me no doubt whatsoever in vastly believing in the further development of The Netherlands Mod.

All I can do now is strongly suggesting to our Dutch Mod players, to please make use of the suggestion form ItsLeandro created for us. We, as players,  could all benefit from each other’s thoughts , criticism and/or suggestions regarding The Netherlands Mod, should ItsLeandro be able to have these issues salved or realized.

Cheers!

Robert.

Hi Ben,

I'm glad you still are interested in our Dutch mod. As I understood at the time, you were looking for fellow moderators to work on your "Better EM5" mod. If you are still interested in working on a Dutch Mod, maybe I could get you interested in thinking about offering your help in working together with ItsLeandro on his "The Netherlands Mod" (TNM). For you, as working then (low profile?) on TNM, it might be much easier for you for not constantly feeling the need for "moderating time" breathing down your neck interferring with your personal life. Also, you might be doing ItsLeandro a favour: working with two moderators on TNM. If the both of you are interested in my suggestion, please get in touch with each other and draw your plan together.   

For the record, as I was working together with you and FrozenOne-94 at the time in the developing of your Dutch mods, I am now also (very pleasently) working together with ItsLeandro on TNM. But I think that, this already was obvious for you

Cheers!!

Robert.

On 2/11/2017 at 4:17 PM, Ben12 said:

It looks great! It appears you have the time I didn't have to make this mod a reality. 

Although I am sad about having to leave the mod for lack of time, I'm exited that someone's been able to make good progress on it.

It's nice to hear that you like what you are seeing so far .

If you are still interested in helping out with TNM, as Ropie asked, you are always welcome to do so.

Same goes for everyone else, just contact me if you want to help out with TNM. 

EDIT: Hmmm... Emergency Planet for some reason places every media type at the bottom of the post, even though you place them differently. Right now I have just added the link above the text.

Alright, I have also been working on a new (separate) hospital, which is as well a work in progress! I do want to supply you guys with some pictures.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p426/ItsLeandro/hospital_full_zpsz1yn0rge.png 

This is a picture of the complete hospital. In-game you won't be able to see the hospital from this angle, because the hospital is so big.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p426/ItsLeandro/hospital_front_zpsn0tuyrh9.png 

Here a closer look at the front of the hospital. For now the ambulances will just arrive here and despawn, but I hope to add in the future the ability to actually transport the patients in the hospital, and the ambulance will drive to the parking garage in the end.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p426/ItsLeandro/hospital_parking_zpsegh1gtga.png 

This is the parking garage. For now all medic vehicles will spawn here, and drive to their destinations.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p426/ItsLeandro/hospital_helipad_zps15pdhv4t.png

The helipad! Here the helicopters will deliver their patients. In-game you can however not see this happening, due to the building being so high. 

As of now the hospital ''works'', but there is still a lot to be done. I am also considering to build an entire new map, just because it would be way more fun, a complete new experience!

Make sure to leave your feedback and suggestions!

hospital_helipad.PNG

hospital_parking.PNG

hospital_front.png

hospital_full.PNG

Edited by ItsLeandro
Emergency Planet doesn't place pictures properly...

9 hours ago, Ropie58 said:

Hi Ben,

I'm glad you still are interested in our Dutch mod. As I understood at the time, you were looking for fellow moderators to work on your "Better EM5" mod. If you are still interested in working on a Dutch Mod, maybe I could get you interested in thinking about offering your help in working together with ItsLeandro on his "The Netherlands Mod" (TNM). For you, as working then (low profile?) on TNM, it might be much easier for you for not constantly feeling the need for "moderating time" breathing down your neck interferring with your personal life. Also, you might be doing ItsLeandro a favour: working with two moderators on TNM. If the both of you are interested in my suggestion, please get in touch with each other and draw your plan together.   

For the record, as I was working together with you and FrozenOne-94 at the time in the developing of your Dutch mods, I am now also (very pleasently) working together with ItsLeandro on TNM. But I think that, this already was obvious for you

Cheers!!

Robert.

34 minutes ago, ItsLeandro said:

It's nice to hear that you like what you are seeing so far .

If you are still interested in helping out with TNM, as Ropie asked, you are always welcome to do so.

Same goes for everyone else, just contact me if you want to help out with TNM. 

I'll be happy to give any suggestions or advice. If you need a bit of help in certain departments. Is there anything specific you need some help with?

7 minutes ago, Ben12 said:

I'll be happy to give any suggestions or advice. If you need a bit of help in certain departments. Is there anything specific you need some help with?

I am mostly in need of someone who can create scripts (C++), create new models (vehicles, building etc.) and skinners (textures for vehicles, buildings etc.). Is there anything in this list you might be able to contribute to? If not, that's not a problem at all. If you have any suggestions (as of right now), you can gladly let me know. 

Soon I also want to add new traffic accidents, and maybe you, or other people, might be wanting to 'create' some traffic accidents? So basically in the editor you setup a traffic accident, and you supply me with pictures of them. Like the picture attached:

Don't worry about making the traffic accident actually work in-game, I know how, and will make sure they do work. 

traffic_accident.PNG

• Upvote 1

"Wow" Leandro, just: "Wow"!

Seeing your progress and hearing about your upcoming plans, there is every reason for our "Dutch Mod"-players to look forward to the official release of your next playable update. In the meantime, please keep us posted with the print screens of your further developments of “The Netherlands Mod” (TNM). I think that it’s just that, that is getting and keeping the Dutch mod players interested for your work.

I know for a fact, as I think most players do, that with the release of Emergency5 several years ago, former EM4 moderators rather stayed on their moderating EM4 and working on their EM4 mods, than trying to figure out how to moderate EM5. As I understood, the software of the game was hard to moderate or giving too little opportunities to work with it -  at first.

Now, I often read with the new releases that the EM5 developer (SixteenTons) is bringing out, the developer claims that with each of these new releases, the software has been again further improved so that moderating inside EM5, and making theEM5 mods work, should have become more easy. Let me be clear: for me, it’s easy talking because (as I’ve told so many times before here on our forum) I am not a modder myself because of the simple fact that I do not have any programming skills whatsoever!

My reason, for stating the above, is my appeal to existing moderators (EM4?) or even brand new moderators, to give it a try to start moderating inside EM5. As I mentioned on this forum in the below mentioned thread on January 4, 2017:

·         “(…) there are 35 existing small mods and 31 existing big mods to be played with Emergency 4.”

·         “(…) there are just 2 big mods to be played with Emergency 5.   

http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/21916-somebody-please-pick-up-the-development-of-the-dutch-mod-again/

So, I do think there’s a challenge here…

Nevertheless, there’s one thing I know for sure: I am so glad that Ben12 is going to be part of the team again. I am convinced that his participation will speed up the further development of TNM and that ItsLeandro AND Ben12 will be able to "enlighten" each other with their modding knowledge.

It would be so nice if more modders would be interested again in “trying their luck” on working with EM5 mods again. Of course, it is possible that you think it is too difficult for me or way too much work building my own EM5 mod from scratch. If so, can I make you a suggestion? Why not trying to participate with ItsLeandro in the developing of TNM as well? What’s there to lose?

So, should any of you is getting interested in joining the “TNM” team now and willing to try and offer your EM5 modding skills, please reply to ItsLeandro in this thread, or otherwise through his PM of the forum.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!!

Robert.

13 hours ago, ItsLeandro said:

I am mostly in need of someone who can create scripts (C++), create new models (vehicles, building etc.) and skinners (textures for vehicles, buildings etc.). Is there anything in this list you might be able to contribute to? If not, that's not a problem at all. If you have any suggestions (as of right now), you can gladly let me know. 

I know C# and C++, if you were after some help.

3 hours ago, MP50 said:

I know C# and C++, if you were after some help.

Great! :-D

Hi MP50, 

On behalf of the (hopefully upcoming) "TNM" team, I can say we're most pleased with your offer. For now, I will get in touch with ItsLeandro and bring him the wunderful news that you are interested in joining in. It might be best for you both, to get in touch for the first time with each other through the PM of our forum so you can make further plans and agreements. 

As for me, you're most welcome!

Cheers!!

Robert.

Alright, today I have been working on some skinning for The Netherlands Mod. First of all I have added the 'ENEXIS' text on the TEC EKW. Enexis is a company whom regulate energy, electricity and stuff like that in certain parts of the Netherlands. Right now the letters are in blue, which isn't the original color, but I do think it looks nice.

I have also worked on the 'damaged vehicles'. As of now, when one of the emergency vehicles gets destroyed, the original Em5/German skin will appear again. This is of course not what I want, I want the Dutch skins to appear. For now I have only skinned the damaged ambulance, but I hope to add them for all emergency vehicles later on.

Pictures should be attached below.

EKW_FRONT.PNG

EKW_SIDE.PNG

EKW_TOP.PNG

RTW_ACHTERKANT.PNG

RTW_ZIJKANT.PNG

• Upvote 1

Alright, time for quite an awesome update!

I have been in contact with @Ropie58 for quite a long time now, and he would love to see a new, actual Dutch ambulance in Emergency 5. Well, that wish has been granted.

I still need to add the sirens & lights, and make it able to actually use in-game. I think it looks really awesome :-). The model and texture are done by NNICO and Sputnik, they did an awesome job.

SPRINTER1.PNG

SPRINTER2.PNG

• Upvote 1