mr matt5432123

EdgeWater Mod (WIP)

90's or 2000's style vehicles?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. 90's or 2000's style vehicles?

• 90's style vehicles
    • 2000's style vehicles

Thanks for letting me into the team. 

I felt like it was high time Edgewater got a proper police department so heres Edgewater PDs 91 Caprice (courtesy of itchboy). If you're a fan of Colgate toothpaste, i've got good news.

If anyone knows the credits for that Whelen 9000 lightbar please let me know so I can credit them accordingly.  

20210313204340_1.thumb.jpg.280e058c20991eca274d4da086b6f0c9.jpg,

• Like 1

Hey y'all, another update on Edgewater PD. Here's our currently completed units. Sooner or later I'll record a video with each of them to show off their lights but for now, enjoy a screenshot. 

Ford Ranger by Yankee43 with lightbar by EmC-Unit. 1991 Chevrolet Caprice by Itchboy with lightbar by Cops. 1988 Dodge Diplomat by Itchboy with his Code 3 SD lightbar

20210316192435_1.thumb.jpg.63446ffad395ff509717af614e811295.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Ok y'all. Quick update. I am now the only person working on this project. This means updates will be slow, but they'll still come. 

Heres a list of planned features, I'm hoping to get a 0.5 release out within the next few months.

- on map clinic and police station

- patrol routes for police cars and ambulances

- New fire department liveries and a few models(white over lime green)

If there is anything you all want to see in the mod please let me know, currently I'm just working with what's already in the mod but that won't be enough for my liking.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ok y'all. I need your help again. I edited EmC_Units 1998 Pierce Dash for this mod (one of my favorite models on this website) and replaced the LED lightbar with a more era-appropriate (and easier to light) mx7000 lightbar that was previously in the mod. I've looked and I'm unable to find credits for it. I'm assuming Hoppah, as this model also appears in the base LA mod but I'd like to make sure.20210411192340_1.thumb.jpg.c77f5785466de5cb19574f4bd6e4e45b.jpg

other than that everything is coming along very nicely. More updates to come regarding EMS and FD in the near future 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stockboy8 said:

Ok y'all. I need your help again. I edited EmC_Units 1998 Pierce Dash for this mod (one of my favorite models on this website) and replaced the LED lightbar with a more era-appropriate (and easier to light) mx7000 lightbar that was previously in the mod. I've looked and I'm unable to find credits for it. I'm assuming Hoppah, as this model also appears in the base LA mod but I'd like to make sure.20210411192340_1.thumb.jpg.c77f5785466de5cb19574f4bd6e4e45b.jpg

other than that everything is coming along very nicely. More updates to come regarding EMS and FD in the near future 

I like this. This is epic. And cool.

Some quick updates.

I've gotten the go to hospital and patrol scripts to work. After that I've got to get some stations in, then later another event or two, and the map will be pretty much done.

Above all, though, vehicles are my biggest priority right now. Theres still a few more I need to work on, but I've got some help. The project is moving along much quicker than expected.

I did some poking around on the german forums and found a free to use map base I might take and mess around with. Theres a lot of city and water space, so it will be ideal for a mod like this. Thats still far into the future though, so lets focus on the present for now.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, stockboy8 said:

Very bad news for you all today. I had to system reset my computer- meaning that I've lost maybe a weeks worth of progress on the mod. Luckily- I backed up the mod recently so progress can resume as soon as I'm situated.

Glad you had a backup. Looking forward to the next update.

I've been rushing to give you all a progress report before I head off to vacation. I've done quite a bit of work on the mod and I'd just like to give you all a rundown of what I've done and added to the mod since I last talked, as well as a few screenshots.

-Edited the map texture and changed much of the port area into a coastal shopping area, featuring new streets, routes, and a police station.

-Added a 1999 Seagrave ladder truck, graciously provided by Firequi. I've garnished it with some short code 3 lightbars by Itchboy and ThinbluelineKY.

-Started work on some unique skins on EmC_Unit and BorjaXmusic's MH65 Dolphin helicopter for Edgewater's USCG content.

-Converted some boats from default em4 to be classified as buildings, as to create some realistic boat fires.

Heres a screenshot of the shopping promenade with some action. I haven't been taking too many screenshots during development so theres not a lot to show y'all. You'll just have to trust my word I've been working on the mod

20210705135114_1.thumb.jpg.c0d242fced7c9fa663ce338741402f17.jpg

I'll repeat it just to be safe. Featured in this screenshot is a 92 pierce dash by EmC_Unit with a lightbar by Hoppah, and a 1999 Seagrave ladder truck by Firequi with lightbars by Itchboy and ThinBlueLineKY. If there is a mistake in any of these credits please DM me and I will correct them.

• Like 5

On 7/7/2021 at 3:53 PM, stockboy8 said:

I've been rushing to give you all a progress report before I head off to vacation. I've done quite a bit of work on the mod and I'd just like to give you all a rundown of what I've done and added to the mod since I last talked, as well as a few screenshots.

-Edited the map texture and changed much of the port area into a coastal shopping area, featuring new streets, routes, and a police station.

-Added a 1999 Seagrave ladder truck, graciously provided by Firequi. I've garnished it with some short code 3 lightbars by Itchboy and ThinbluelineKY.

-Started work on some unique skins on EmC_Unit and BorjaXmusic's MH65 Dolphin helicopter for Edgewater's USCG content.

-Converted some boats from default em4 to be classified as buildings, as to create some realistic boat fires.

Heres a screenshot of the shopping promenade with some action. I haven't been taking too many screenshots during development so theres not a lot to show y'all. You'll just have to trust my word I've been working on the mod

20210705135114_1.thumb.jpg.c0d242fced7c9fa663ce338741402f17.jpg

I'll repeat it just to be safe. Featured in this screenshot is a 92 pierce dash by EmC_Unit with a lightbar by Hoppah, and a 1999 Seagrave ladder truck by Firequi with lightbars by Itchboy and ThinBlueLineKY. If there is a mistake in any of these credits please DM me and I will correct them.

Nice. Can't wait for more updates when you are done with vacation, 

Well, I'm back from vacation. Been back, as a matter of fact. I can't afford to vacation for over six months, sadly.

To tell you all that this mod has changed a bit would be a massive understatement. Since being back I've done near complete overhauls of almost all departments. I'd like to show these changes off to you all in due time, but first, I hope you'll excuse a bit of a nostalgic rant.

I recently just went through the entire thread for this mod, beginning to end, in order to ensure I haven't strayed too far from the mod's original vision,  and also just for a bit of inspiration. In doing so I found some things that had slipped my mind, such as the Lakeview County mutual aid units. I also saw that the very last post made by the original developers on this thread came in May of 2018, only a few months after I made my own first post and tried modding for the same time. Now, those of you out there who believe in destiny can draw your own conclusions about the mod ending up in my hand. But I wanted to just have a laugh about it, and look at how far I've come skill wise.  

and it looks like I still can't use the page system

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1