William Stapleford

WIP Amercan Vehicles (WARNING TO LOW BANDWIDTH USERS)

I simply decided to start a new thread for photos and info on models that are being worked on by me at this time.  As the vehicles get closer they may or may not get a thread dedicated to them and suggestions.  I'm hoping to possibly work with some of the guys working on an American Mod of this game.  For now these exist on 3d Max only.  They are taken from other games or created from scratch with realistic blue prints found online.  None of these models have any uvw templates or skins right now.  That will come later.  I'm using the Crown Victorian Police Interceptor as a test model to learn the little secrets of files and the editor itself.  I am getting much faster at the modeling and project managment.  I have a huge tie up right now with uvw mapping and skinning the models.  This is mostly because it seems to be very hard to get general profile shots of each vehicle that have any quality.  I have reached out to a few of my state trooper friends to send me some high resolution photos of the unmarked interceptors to be used for a template for mapping.  It is is unmarked then maybe people could add and/or change colors and skins to fit the livery of the mod.  

The other problem is the bandwidth sucks and most of the time I have to tether my phone and use it.  Days away seem to be getting longer and being able to communicate with people has been almost impossible including home.  I use this model making as a way to kill time when not talking with my wife and kids.  I wish i could get more done but right now it is just me with the help of killerkonsti.  His help has been so helpful that i can;t even say.  His patience and understanding of this game has been a saving grace and one of the ONLY reasons that I continued after the huge setback with the most recent patch.

Well anyways here are some of the 3d models in the works.  Hope you all enjoy.

durango_WIP1.jpg

Dodge Durango Police Interceptor.  Hope to have a marked version and unmarked version. The Light bar is a LED, Code 3 HID.  This should also be made separate and hopefully can be added to any vehicle with the editor.  

tahoe_WIP1.jpg 

Chevy Tahoe Police Interceptor.  (Not is the best shape but getting there. Still looking for the front bumpers model and traffic directors added to it.  Lightbar on this model is based off a Whelen LED HID strobe lightbar 

dodge_charger_WIP1.jpg

MY personal favorite right now as it was mostly designed by me taking prints for the internet based on the real Dodge Charger.  Still got some work to do on this as well.  Will be adding a traffic director to the rear window.  Code 3 LED HID Lightbar model with side scene lighting.  Red,Blue, White

old_ford_ambulance_WIP_build_1.jpg

Ford E350 Ambulance.  Model is still in heavy building process A ton of rendering problems with see through textures and over lapping meshes.  This model may require a rebuild to make it work better for Em2016.  I started this one before i figured out some of the secrets to the 3d Max program.  

I am also working on a MACK fire pumper truck as well based on prints.  Look for this one to come soon.  It will be my FIRST American Fire related model.  We will have to see how much time it will take to start getting this ready as well.  

Stay tuned and Have a Great day,

My thoughts and prayers for those that were lost in the latest terrorist attacks as well.  We will find them and make them pay.

William516

Bill

(If anyone is interested in helping and can deal with some communication problems please let me know, also any suggestions for new vehicles or profile shots of real vehicles that you can get feel free to post here and contact me directly)

Delaware, USA

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ThatOneIowan said:

Just a forewarning - as far as I'm aware, that 2015 Tahoe model from San Andreas was stolen, so watch your ass with that one

If that is the case then I will just have to make it from scratch then.  I know that some vehicles I have found online are mods that gta has used.  I'm not sure what the legal issues are when it comes to modding game files.  If someone could clarify what the legal issues are I would love to know.  

My understanding is that a mod is fine as long as it is non profit.  Almost all game mods are based around the original models used in the game.  So I'm not sure what would be wrong but if it it will be removed and made from scratch.

Some of the things I have read now say that I can't even use the NAME of the vehicle or symbols without getting permission?  I"m not sure about that either because I'm not seeking any money from the mod just general enjoyment.

Gotta love the legal BS around these things.

Thanks for the heads up though.

That model has to be so highly modified anyways to even get it into em2016 that it really won't be anything but a skeleton mesh when I am done with it lol

Have a great day

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

To sum up the legalities involved in all this crap it comes down mostly to IP protections apply when it comes to the renditions of the models.. Those apply to whomever made the thing as a 3D model (artwork).  IP also applies to someone if they for example made A skin on the model, but the primary IP goes to the original author, any modifications done to it do have IP if the original author grants such rights (which most generally do).

Copyright applications apply to the actual parent company that owns the vehicle, it's likeness, name, branding, and design.. The only time the parent company copyright generally would be applied is in a for-profit enterprise scenario, outside of that they usually will not attempt to pursue someone for using their vehicle's name, likeness, or branding unless you were to portray it in a negative manner, then they might care.  It's a low-risk thing even though technically they do hold those rights they generally reserve but do not act upon them.  

The Intellectual Property aspect of it which applies to the 3D rendering of the real-life likeness applies to the original designer (whoever originally made the model) under the same premises as any other IP work of art, such as a painting or sculpture, etc. Most people (individuals) tend to be reasonably decent about these scenarios if you simply contact them and request usage permissions for the item in question along with the caveat that you include credits for their works which you use.  It's a case of better to ask permission than try to ask for forgiveness later; I'm sure you'd like to be credited and recognized for what you're trying to do, so do they.  It's when people take the content w/o permission and/or claim it as their own that most people get upset about it, so it's better to avoid that whole scenario and just get the permissions to use it in the first place.

Aside from that I would advise against using GTA models in EM5 in  the first place, I'd make new ones before I'd consider using them.  Their polygonal count may make them realistic, but the game does NOT include dynamic damages like gta does, so they really don't need to be what they are to be useful to em5.  In truth as they are from GTA they will just further degrade the performance of the game.  It might seem like a "short-cut" but in the end it'll end up costing more time if you want to make them optimized for em5 compared to GTA.  If you want these things in em5, I'd suggest making them from prints found online rather than trying to find ones to convert into the game, since few games will have models that work for the job em5 needs them to do.

16 hours ago, William Stapleford said:

I simply decided to start a new thread for photos and info on models that are being worked on by me at this time.  As the vehicles get closer they may or may not get a thread dedicated to them and suggestions.  I'm hoping to possibly work with some of the guys working on an American Mod of this game.  For now these exist on 3d Max only.  They are taken from other games or created from scratch with realistic blue prints found online.  None of these models have any uvw templates or skins right now.  That will come later.  I'm using the Crown Victorian Police Interceptor as a test model to learn the little secrets of files and the editor itself.  I am getting much faster at the modeling and project managment.  I have a huge tie up right now with uvw mapping and skinning the models.  This is mostly because it seems to be very hard to get general profile shots of each vehicle that have any quality.  I have reached out to a few of my state trooper friends to send me some high resolution photos of the unmarked interceptors to be used for a template for mapping.  It is is unmarked then maybe people could add and/or change colors and skins to fit the livery of the mod.  

The other problem is the bandwidth sucks and most of the time I have to tether my phone and use it.  Days away seem to be getting longer and being able to communicate with people has been almost impossible including home.  I use this model making as a way to kill time when not talking with my wife and kids.  I wish i could get more done but right now it is just me with the help of killerkonsti.  His help has been so helpful that i can;t even say.  His patience and understanding of this game has been a saving grace and one of the ONLY reasons that I continued after the huge setback with the most recent patch.

Well anyways here are some of the 3d models in the works.  Hope you all enjoy.

durango_WIP1.jpg

Dodge Durango Police Interceptor.  Hope to have a marked version and unmarked version. The Light bar is a LED, Code 3 HID.  This should also be made separate and hopefully can be added to any vehicle with the editor.  

tahoe_WIP1.jpg 

Chevy Tahoe Police Interceptor.  (Not is the best shape but getting there. Still looking for the front bumpers model and traffic directors added to it.  Lightbar on this model is based off a Whelen LED HID strobe lightbar 

dodge_charger_WIP1.jpg

MY personal favorite right now as it was mostly designed by me taking prints for the internet based on the real Dodge Charger.  Still got some work to do on this as well.  Will be adding a traffic director to the rear window.  Code 3 LED HID Lightbar model with side scene lighting.  Red,Blue, White

old_ford_ambulance_WIP_build_1.jpg

Ford E350 Ambulance.  Model is still in heavy building process A ton of rendering problems with see through textures and over lapping meshes.  This model may require a rebuild to make it work better for Em2016.  I started this one before i figured out some of the secrets to the 3d Max program.  

I am also working on a MACK fire pumper truck as well based on prints.  Look for this one to come soon.  It will be my FIRST American Fire related model.  We will have to see how much time it will take to start getting this ready as well.  

Stay tuned and Have a Great day,

My thoughts and prayers for those that were lost in the latest terrorist attacks as well.  We will find them and make them pay.

William516

Bill

(If anyone is interested in helping and can deal with some communication problems please let me know, also any suggestions for new vehicles or profile shots of real vehicles that you can get feel free to post here and contact me directly)

Delaware, USA

Good job so far! Keep me in the loop- I am waiting for models to be made before I start the Chicago Mod (I can' t model to save my life).