Ben12

Dutch Mod!!!

Yes... ITS FINALLY BEING CONFIRMED

So as all of you (should) know by now, I am an EM5 modder. I took over the Dutch Mod and am proud to say progress is quite good. At this point I think 95 to 99 percent of the mod will remain the same; only some coding involving the ambulance and callouts will be necessary. However, I am going to be making the mod more realistic over time- as soon as I can find a model or a modeller (which may be myself at this rate), I have plans for improving the dutch police cap (so it is more conformative to modern dutch officers) and the signal torch as a replacement for the signalling disk. I also forgot to mention that I plan to add back the old sirens from 1.6 (they are more realistic according to my sources), and all that is good to go. So here's the plan:

-1. Release Dutch Mod 3.0 (Edited with new sirens, vehicle personnel edits, hopefully reskins of all vehicles still needing to be reskinned)
-2. Get to work on the American Mod. Top choices last time I checked (from EMP): LA and NYC tied, Windy City  not too far behind. What do you guys think would be a good city?

Although my closest supporters will be receiving the mod first, Youtubers wishing for a full preview to review 4 days before the full release (which will be hosted on MEGA first until approved by EMP staff) should contact me so I know who wants it. No joking around- I will make sure you actually have a legit Youtube channel that has a reasonable amount of subscribers. At least enough so it's not just your family and friends. 

Release Date: To be announced. I'm shooting for mid- March 2016, NO GUARANTEES!

Thanks, and enjoy a soda (and the wait).  no soda emoticon? MUST RAGE- COME BACK, SODA DRINKER

UPDATE: The only thing setting the mod away from release are a few bugs I have found. I also need to fix some skins- especially for the doctor and some tech vehicles.

UPDATE 2/29: As suggested by my sources, I have added the ability for paramedics to treat victims. Although there is no animation at this time, it does work. There also seems to be a file for a paramedic without a stretcher, I will look into using this. It seems they are able to pick up a stretcher.

UPDATE 3/17: I know it's been a long time. It's just that I never got the chance to upload the new mod. I have gotten back to it- there will be no texture updates (yet), although I've been working on them. Youtube previews are going out Saturday, while general public will get it Wednesday to give the Youtubers a chance to have some fresh stuff for their channel.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, mr matt5432123 said:

That's awesome! for the city in the American mod, I would prefer either LA, or Chicago, do you think it would be possible to remake the tiller script? If not I'd rather have Chicago, I just like how their rigs look, Chicago might be good for the police aspect of gameplay too.

What "tiller script"? Do you mean for a tiller truck like this one? Not sure if that's possible, and in addition I'm not a big scripter. But I'll see what I can do.

download (1).jpg

51 minutes ago, Ben12 said:

What "tiller script"? Do you mean for a tiller truck like this one? Not sure if that's possible, and in addition I'm not a big scripter. But I'll see what I can do.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_02/56c52edf19979_download(1).jpg.e8196dc6122c9f0b17bc108e54e356fb.jpg

Yeah, for the tiller trucks, I always thought they looked pretty cool in emergency 4 and probably better in em5.

4 hours ago, Killerconsti said:

Its on the way (need to be approved in the Download Section), was about fixing the Events (16t introduced new events with the last patch)  when i wrote my last post

edit:

It's online. Please read the installation instructions.

Enjoy

... I am not very impressed with the fact that you took this. Just so you know, I'm working very hard on trying to improve the mod, and although I appreciate that you have done this, I would like it if you stayed away from my projects. That means please, for goodness sakes, no Dutch Mod, no American Mod, please. I'm asking politely; I don't want to need to ask you again. Not only am I trying to make the modification different for the 3.0 release, I have a busy life, so the fact that I'm even trying to do the mod in the first place is hard for me. I'd like to feel that my work is valuable and isn't being overshadowed by a quick project that only FIXES the mod. But thank you for doing this anyways.

EDIT: Sorry if this seems like a rant. I'm sick right now and am not feeling like my normal self. 

I am sry if i have upset you. But i want to tell you at least that we have different goals. I also think that my modfixer wont overshadow your project and i dont want to make your efforts less valueable.

Release Dutch Mod 3.0 (Edited with new sirens, vehicle personnel edits, hopefully reskins of all vehicles still needing to be reskinned)

I have no interest in doing any one of these things (at least for the dutch mod). But I made a version of my Mod which is compatible with the Dutch Mod (adding features, removing IMC units, using NL mods personel stats...).

I modded everything in a game called Age of Empires 3 and i learned that my preferences are coding > 3d stuff > 2 d stuff & music (by far the things i have no real clue about )

no American Mod

sry, this is a thing I cant promiss because the LA mod (EM4) was soo great. Also this US Style is pretty awesome. However I wouldnt mod such a big thing alone

48 minutes ago, Killerconsti said:

I am sry if i have upset you. But i want to tell you at least that we have different goals. I also think that my modfixer wont overshadow your project and i dont want to make your efforts less valueable.

I have no interest in doing any one of these things (at least for the dutch mod). But I made a version of my Mod which is compatible with the Dutch Mod (adding features, removing IMC units, using NL mods personel stats...).

I modded everything in a game called Age of Empires 3 and i learned that my preferences are coding > 3d stuff > 2 d stuff & music (by far the things i have no real clue about )

sry, this is a thing I cant promiss because the LA mod (EM4) was soo great. Also this US Style is pretty awesome. However I wouldnt mod such a big thing alone

Why? Are you saying you want to be behind the American Mod? Because I may/ may not put together a team for the stuff I can't accomplish. But like I have said, I am doing the American Mod, we don't need to race to make it.

Are you guys childish?

@Ben, How does he even involve in youre project? He fixed it so everyone can play it, which alot of people are thankfull for rahter than having to wait a few months untill we get a new version while we can't even play the old version....

Also, You cant just "Claim"  something, If you guys both wanna make a Los Angeles mod go ahead! I would love to see 2 versions rahter than someone claiming  it and no one else would be able to makt different versions with improvements/other scripts.

And at last, As of right now nobody thinks anything of youre work since youre basicly saying for over a month now youre working on it, but you havent posted any screenshot or whatsoever, people will go and apprieciete it if you post screenshots of what you have done.

(Quick Side note, It isnt "Your" Dutch mod, Since you dont know if you got permission since the maker of it didn't came online yet so no way you could have gotten permission  for only you.

• Upvote 1

Quick Side note, It isnt "Your" Dutch mod, Since you dont know if you got permission since the maker of it didn't came online yet so no way you could have gotten permission  for only you.

The rules are clear on this, I reviewed them, if you cannot find the original author reasonably (PM, reply, even email) you can take the mod and continue to produce it. As for the first two communications, Frozen- One fell off the forums, I can't exactly expect him to respond. As for email, I got some very good information that he was not responding by email. 

As for screenshots: Blame my windows. It just WILL NOT take screenshots, or at least, I don't know where they got saved. I'll see what I can do, I'll do some research and try to get some screenshots.

As for the wait time: Since I took over the project, it hasn't really surpassed a long time (2 months maybe, if even). It hasn't even been a week since I confirmed development.

As for my claim, that only applies to the main mod (which isn't confirmed to be LA yet). I'm fine with people making submods, and I can also work with others, just why two mods? There aren't two copies of any mod that I know of for EM4. 

As for his involvement, he basically did half of my mod. And then posted a link to it on my post, which I take to be advertising where advertising isn't wanted. 

5 hours ago, Ben12 said:

The rules are clear on this, I reviewed them, if you cannot find the original author reasonably (PM, reply, even email) you can take the mod and continue to produce it. As for the first two communications, Frozen- One fell off the forums, I can't exactly expect him to respond. As for email, I got some very good information that he was not responding by email. 

As for screenshots: Blame my windows. It just WILL NOT take screenshots, or at least, I don't know where they got saved. I'll see what I can do, I'll do some research and try to get some screenshots.

As for the wait time: Since I took over the project, it hasn't really surpassed a long time (2 months maybe, if even). It hasn't even been a week since I confirmed development.

As for my claim, that only applies to the main mod (which isn't confirmed to be LA yet). I'm fine with people making submods, and I can also work with others, just why two mods? There aren't two copies of any mod that I know of for EM4. 

As for his involvement, he basically did half of my mod. And then posted a link to it on my post, which I take to be advertising where advertising isn't wanted. 

Okay, I will try to clear the air - the way It all went down...

The moment that I first read on the forum that FrozenOne was releasing a beta version of  his Dutch Mod, I contacted him by PM on april 7, 2015, telling him how I liked the idea of a Dutch Mod and that I would love to play with it. I also told him that, back in the days, I was a Dutch ambulance driver and (if so wished), I was happy to feed him with my ideas, suggestions and my comments on his mod to have his mod as realistic as can be in its lay out as well as in playing the game. Fortunately FrozenOne was very happy with my contribution to the development of his mod, although it was only on paper, since (as so many times told here before) I am not a modder myself. And although I never met FrozenOne in person, he lived in a completely other part of the country and we never even spoke to each other over the phone, our contact was close - but just through email. And so we made it happen that the Dutch Mod v1.0.0 became upgraded through several updates (v1.0.5, v1.0.6, & v1.1.0) to finally the version where it all ended: v2.0.

As we all know, the Dutch mod v2.0.0 unfortunately crashed the moment SixteenTons released its v2.0.2 patch on October 2015. Naturally I talked to FrozenOne about it and as he also stated on the forum (November 4, 2015) that he was working on it and that he thought that it wouldn't be a big issue to solve http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/20184-nl-modification-v20-released-signal-torch-screenshot/?page=5.
However, On November 29, 2015, he posted a message on the forum that because of personal issues he would completely and permanently cancel the Dutch Modification and stop working on "the fix" that so many of us players were desperately waiting for since we all loved playing the Dutch mod. The next couple of weeks I tried to call out to him again on our forum, hoping he would still read our messages, and even tried to contact him on Facebook; but no reply whatsoever. Then I started to call out on the forum for anyone trying to have his Dutch mod working again, but no respond.

Then, Ben12 stepped in and posted on the forum that he would trie to have the Dutch mod up and running again. The moment I read his message, I instantly contacted him through PM and offered him my services as well, hoping I could get him interested as well - just as FrozenOne and I joined forces. The Ideas I had for FrozenOne at the time, I now shared them with Ben12 - hoping he could have them all realized.
Now, I DO have to plea here in favor of Ben12. For the very simple reason that FrozenOne stated on November 29, that he was not interested in modding anymore, and any contact with either me or the forum was no longer seen since then, it was I who suggested to Ben12 to "claim" the Dutch mod to be taken over by him. NOT as in: "The Dutch mod is my property now" but as in: "I am trying to have the Dutch Mod up and running again and turn it (as he called) into my "BetterEM5" mod which I would like to see as my project. All this, just to have the wonderful Dutch mod work again with the SixteenTon's latest v2.0.2 patch. So that is why Ben12 responded the way he did to Killerconsti; in my view, it had nothing to do with being possessive of any kind. Should Ben12 succeed in his project, I think that all Dutch Mod players would be very pleased - at least I would certainly be one of them!

Seeing now, that finally more EM5 mods are being created, it gives me hope that maybe in time our EM5 mods will become just as popular as the also SO wonderful EM4 mods. And should EM5 modders have ideas to join forces, please do!

Cheers!!

?

Robert.  

1 minute ago, Ropie58 said:

The moment that I first read on the forum that FrozenOne was releasing a beta version of  his Dutch Mod, I contacted him by PM on april 7, 2015, telling him how I liked the idea of a Dutch Mod and that I would love to play with it. I also told him that, back in the days, I was a Dutch ambulance driver and (if so wished), I was happy to feed him with my ideas, suggestions and my comments on his mod to have his mod as realistic as can be in its lay out as well as in playing the game. Fortunately FrozenOne was very happy with my contribution to the development of his mod, although it was only on paper, since (as so many times told here before) I am not a modder myself. And although I never met FrozenOne in person, he lived in a completely other part of the country and we never even spoke to each other over the phone, our contact was close - but just through email. And so we made it happen that the Dutch Mod v1.0.0 became upgraded through several updates (v1.0.5, v1.0.6, & v1.1.0) to finally the version where it all ended: v2.0.

As we all know, the Dutch mod v2.0.0 unfortunately crashed the moment SixteenTons released its v2.0.2 patch on October 2015. Naturally I talked to FrozenOne about it and as he also stated on the forum (November 4, 2015) that he was working on it and that he thought that it wouldn't be a big issue to solve http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/20184-nl-modification-v20-released-signal-torch-screenshot/?page=5. However, On November 29, 2015, he posted a message on the forum that because of personal issues he would completely and permanently cancel the Dutch Modification and stop working on "the fix" that so many of us players were desperately waiting for since we all loved playing the Dutch mod.
The next couple of weeks I tried to call to him again on our forum, hoping he would still read our messages, and even tried to contact him on Facebook; but no reply whatsoever. Then I started to call out on the forum for anyone trying to have his Dutch mod working again, but no respond.

Then, Ben12 stepped in and posted on the forum that he would trie to have the Dutch mod up and running again. The moment \i read his message, I instantly contacted him through PM and offered him my services as well, hoping I could get him interested as well - just as I FrozneOne and I joined forces. The Ideas I had for FrozenOne at the time, I now shared them with Ben12 - hoping he could have them all realized.
Now, I DO have to plea here in favor of Ben12. For the very simple reason that FrozenOne stated on November 4, that he was not interested in modding anymore, and any contact with either me or the forum was no longer seen since then, it was I who suggested to Ben12 to "claim" the Dutch mod to be taken over by him. NOT as in: "The Dutch mod is my property now" but as in: "I am trying to have the Dutch Mod up and running again and turn it (as he called) into my "BetterEM5" mod which I would like to see as my project. All this, just to have the wonderful Dutch mod work again with the SixteenTon's latest v2.0.2 patch. So that is why Ben12 responded the way he did to Killerconsti; in my view, it had nothing to do with being possessive of any kind. Should Ben12 succeed in his project, I think that all Dutch Mod players would be very pleased - at least I would certainly be one of them!

Seeing now, that finally more EM5 mods are being created, it gives me hope that maybe in time our EM5 mods will become just as popular as the also SO wonderful EM4 mods. And should EM5 modders have ideas to join forces, please do!

Cheers!!

?

Robert.  

Thank you Robert, for your reply. I would like to emphasize the last part as the most moving- as I have stated before, I am wanting to join forces to get the workload complete, especially when it comes to the American Mod. 

2 hours ago, Ropie58 said:

As we all know, the Dutch mod v2.0.0 unfortunately crashed the moment SixteenTons released its v2.0.2 patch on October 2015. Naturally I talked to FrozenOne about it and as he also stated on the forum (November 4, 2015) that he was working on it and that he thought that it wouldn't be a big issue to solve http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/20184-nl-modification-v20-released-signal-torch-screenshot/?page=5.
However, On November 29, 2015, he posted a message on the forum that because of personal issues he would completely and permanently cancel the Dutch Modification and stop working on "the fix" that so many of us players were desperately waiting for since we all loved playing the Dutch mod. The next couple of weeks I tried to call out to him again on our forum, hoping he would still read our messages, and even tried to contact him on Facebook; but no reply whatsoever. Then I started to call out on the forum for anyone trying to have his Dutch mod working again, but no respond.

Then, Ben12 stepped in and posted on the forum that he would trie to have the Dutch mod up and running again. The moment I read his message, I instantly contacted him through PM and offered him my services as well, hoping I could get him interested as well - just as FrozenOne and I joined forces. The Ideas I had for FrozenOne at the time, I now shared them with Ben12 - hoping he could have them all realized.
Now, I DO have to plea here in favor of Ben12. For the very simple reason that FrozenOne stated on November 29, that he was not interested in modding anymore, and any contact with either me or the forum was no longer seen since then, it was I who suggested to Ben12 to "claim" the Dutch mod to be taken over by him. NOT as in: "The Dutch mod is my property now" but as in: "I am trying to have the Dutch Mod up and running again and turn it (as he called) into my "BetterEM5" mod which I would like to see as my project. All this, just to have the wonderful Dutch mod work again with the SixteenTon's latest v2.0.2 patch. So that is why Ben12 responded the way he did to Killerconsti; in my view, it had nothing to do with being possessive of any kind. Should Ben12 succeed in his project, I think that all Dutch Mod players would be very pleased - at least I would certainly be one of them!

Cheers!!

?

Robert.  

Indeed Ben Stepped in, and "Claimed"  he worked on the mod, but he never showed anything so we don't know anything.

If Ben12 claimed the mod, Why couldn't other people? The biggest reason of succes from Em4 is all the submods of LA, So alot of DUtch Submods will only make it better.

On 2/20/2016 at 10:11 AM, Killerconsti said:

Have you got anything finished, yet? It always looks like you just say you take over the "Dutch Mod" but...It doesnt seem to be too difficult to get the mod at least running (took 10 mins)

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_02/2016-02-20_00001.jpg.565e187aa7918b7e5c6fb4b395643027.jpg

I don't think I ever directly answered your post. The problem with the mod is that there are a few (semi- gamebreaking) glitches. Not only that, but I'm looking to add new features; like paramedics' healing ability (check the new update). Also, for the community, I'd like to say that I'm now going to be more specific in my date; LIKELY in the 2nd week of March. That's when the mod will probably be released. We shall see.

Well it keeps at the same point, You claim to do stuff but we dont know if you even have done anything since you say for a few months now you did stuff but we saw nothing at all. 

(Tip: Nobody is gonna share theire stuff before its released + even more not since you never showed anything)

ont get me wrong but its you claim you doo stuff, But i dont believe it since you always have excuses ready but the simple fact is you never show anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't really care personally, I think you aren't doing a thing till you show screenshots.

I have bbeen on this forum for almost 5 years now, I saw so many people starting mods, Claiming to be superfar never showed screenshots, Guess what. It was never released, Most of the times we didnt even see a screenshot!

Just show us some screenshots, Let us see youre working on it, And donwload something as Fraps.

Dont come with it doesnt work with Windows 10, I got windows 10 myself and it works fine....

• Downvote 1