Killerconsti

KillerConstis Mini Mod [February Update]

&thumbnail=1 &thumbnail=1 &thumbnail=1 &thumbnail=1 &thumbnail=1

Killerconsti's Minimod 2.1

Features of Version 2.0 & 2.1

• US equipment made by William Stableford (flares, road barrels, traffic cones)
  • the possibility to land the SEK Helicopter without roping the crew first
  • dynamic parking sites can be set ingame
  • "Set Startup Parameter - Component" was added, which allow me to put the player's units allready at the map
  • introduction of the placeable equipment
  • better support of open houses- systems (like the one used at the police department at Berlin)
  • an animateded brand new Swat unit (only available in the editor)
  • a System was introduced which allow me to use Siren Sounds (still WIP)
  • 2 new vehicles
  • Layer speedy scaff

The Minimod container is a .rar package. It is important to unpack it first. You may have a look at the Installation Instructions to set up this mod in the correct way. The second sheet (flyer) is about the stuff which was added (commands, vehicles, objects)

Version 1.0 -1.2:

• mobile intensive care unit is available in Freeplay
  • patrol cars can redirect traffic and follow gangsters
  • additional engineer in the tech helicoper
  • additional emergency doctor in the ambulance car
  • you can turn units by holding right mouse button and relase it after >0,5 s ->Units will face the cursor
  • Tankers got more equipment and have hose connectors (by Revyn112 http://www.emergency-forum.de/filebase/index.php?entry/2435-tankl%C3%B6schfahrzeug-equipment-modifikation-em5/)
  • policeman can automaticly equip handcuffs when they hold no equipment
  • TL reworked
  • crane action speed increased

get it here:

http://www.emergency-forum.de/filebase/index.php?entry/2514-em5-minimod-3-3-februar-2017/

or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38q6p18wts5ez1l/[em5]killerconstis_minimod_3_3.rar?dl=0

• Upvote 11

Progress is really nice,

Need to get some paint and a lot of effort to complete it (hatch is allready fixed).

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_02/2016-02-22_00001.jpg.da7df3ad6f9f02db41921d66bd13c063.jpg

I have to give a huge credit @Polygonfabrik (the 3d artist)

btw. I also shrinked the minimap icons (but barly anybody will have noticed)

Cheers Killer

2016-02-22_00001.jpg

Hey Ranger

It's the terrible forum formating.

I have this one in mind:

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.bos-fahrzeuge.info%2Fvehicles%2Fphotos%2Fd%2F8%2F9%2F2%2F205223-large.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbos-fahrzeuge.info%2Feinsatzfahrzeuge%2F17031%2FH-ZD_526_-_Thyssen_TM-170_-_SW_4%2Fphoto%2F205223&h=444&w=630&tbnid=z4kP75DVp6D2EM%3A&docid=yJWNSPubk4EsxM&ei=cobLVsydGIfVOrPtstAF&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=2115&page=2&start=32&ndsp=43&ved=0ahUKEwjMnvzhsIzLAhWHqg4KHbO2DFoQrQMItgEwMQ

Just the texture causes trouble as resizing seems to be ignored (512x512 ->1024x1024 and it still just use the 512 x 512 field). This makes details very blurred :/. I hope i can just put a second skin over this one with details etc [or get the  resized skin to work]. I had also to create the texture from a normal map because the colour map was just a marble texture (thats why it looked white). And there are a lot more things to do:

-fix door opening animation

-more lights

-a new collision box

But all in all I m having a great progress

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_02/56cc43d44b702_sw4prev.png.89c29078ebda1d069955e41d198fa355.png

sw4 prev.png

Looks awesome I sent you a pm (or at least I think I did) if you were interested in a few more 3d models and help with lighting.  When it came to textures for some reason they must be 2x the size you want them I think.  I never could get a complex model into the game.

The doors and wheels have to be separated as well for any animations to work.  Basically each vehicle has to be pieced together.  The main body is the parent map and each animated part is a child part.  If you look at the different parent and child parts in the prefab library you will see what I mean.

The textures also need to have a colormap, a greyscale map, at least to work.  Then the vehicles or objects that can be damaged need to have a damaged texture and model set.  Or you could rename an existing damage model and make it that.  You will see that also in your prefab library you have a undamaged model and a damaged or destroyed model as well.

Far better than anything I have yet to get working and great job getting this into the game.

How did you package your model to get it into the editor?  I tried using a .svn file but with no luck most of the time.

Was hoping that it may be far easier let's say a drag and drop method.

Let me know and keep up the awesome work.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Looks awesome I sent you a pm (or at least I think I did) if you were interested in a few more 3d models and help with lighting.  When it came to textures for some reason they must be 2x the size you want them I think.  I never could get a complex model into the game.

I recieved it, thought you need at least 20 hours to check again the website ;). I could indeed need help with lighting. And your tip did the trick, Did you know that by pressing "M" in the editor you can open the material editor and reassign material to your model (i learned it an hour ago and it's awesome)

And thx for the tip with the 2x size. It saved my day

The doors and wheels have to be separated as well for any animations to work.  Basically each vehicle has to be pieced together.  The main body is the parent map and each animated part is a child part.  If you look at the different parent and child parts in the prefab library you will see what I mean.

Thats allready done :). The doors are even sliding to the side but they go too far :). I also need to put a black wall or sth else in the model because when the doors open you can see the street

The textures also need to have a colormap, a greyscale map, at least to work.  Then the vehicles or objects that can be damaged need to have a damaged texture and model set.  Or you could rename an existing damage model and make it that.  You will see that also in your prefab library you have a undamaged model and a damaged or destroyed model as well.

havent thought about the damaged models yet, well i want first to finish this one

How did you package your model to get it into the editor?  I tried using a .svn file but with no luck most of the time.

Was hoping that it may be far easier let's say a drag and drop method.

It's drag and drop! Ino your connection is shitty but here's a (german) video & an explanation:

in 3ds max/blender you create .mesh files with OgreMax and link the Textures (The editor IGNORES THEM) to it. Now to import them make a folder in your em5/data directory and put in your mesh_folders. And rename your textures. In the video they did pumpkins

pumpkins_c.tiff ->colormap

pumpkins_g.tiff->greyscale

pumpkins_n.tiff->normalmap

pumpkins_s.tiff->specular

pumpkins_t.tiff->?

Now drag your mesh in the editor and magic will happen (or you dont have a .svn folder and it will tell you that you need one ;).

The video starts at the part where they do the magic .

https://youtu.be/cEigQ3GzqOQ?t=5m47s

Far better than anything I have yet to get working and great job getting this into the game.

Thank you

yolo.png

Call phones are amazing and because there isn't an fcc over here they have really good cell coverage.  Speed is slow but still better than the WiFi when it works.  I have a few hours a day when I'm not working here.  So when not in phone with family than I can pop on and see what's going on here.

Glad the texture tip helped they look good.  Really good.  I know all the prefab properties can be changed to include towing,speed,acceleration,etc..

If the files aren't too big just send them to the email that I sent you.  Also for the transparent issue that will prob be a 3d model issue and something you might not be able to correct.  When I was working on models one of the problems I kept having was good models were horrible on frames do to the polygon count, limited models were good on frames but didn't have the walls to keep the transparency from going through to the other side.  You would need to model a 3d interior to fix that issue I believe.

Keep up the great work and glad I could help a little.  Did you get all the other parts to work on the hud as well?

The game scatters everything everywhere in the files.  If not I think I still have a rough tutorial on where the dds files are for the dispatch screen and the selection and health screen.

To get it to show you obviously found the unitpool into and I'm guessing added it to the police section as well.

Keep up the great work.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

I just changed a line in the patrol car to link to my sw4's prefab instead of the police_stw.Because the log was always saying that a Unit Order Info SW4 couldnt be found and i m a bit clueless why, I created a new unit order info and  named the unit "SW4" and thought this should do...

I'm currently downloading 3ds max (student version) as Blender is soo complicated (couldnt export to ogre - was all the time grayed out). I need at least to edit the UVW a bit. Gimme some more time (2 days) :D, then you can take your hands on it. Pls keep in mind, that I need to learn a lot of stuff. But I m very happy with the current result.

About the shield. If the transparency looks too shitty, I  can make the whole thing transparent. So the raster will dissappear (would be the solution i dont like)

Greetings Killer

Good news, the alpha channel is working :D. Howeveer i spend a lot of time to rebuild the model in the editor as I had forgotten a piece of the SW4 and with this piece i had issues with rotation.

Now i will paint the remaining parts and try to remove some gloss (is this the correct term?)

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_02/2016-02-24_00001.jpg.2e2dd6fb8a8bfa455853ade71ea5f214.jpg

2016-02-24_00001.jpg

Well got a few minutes and pulled some info from an older tutorial I had written before and tried to update it for getting a unit into the game without overwriting files and losing other vehicles.  Now mind you that most of this you may already know but for some other people they may want to play with this and see what happens. EM5-2016 has a very strange way of dealing with files in my opinion and ever since the second to last update when the LOCKED the core files things seem to be much harder to work with.  

Keep up the great work by the way the truck looks awesome.  As for the mirrored text, well you would have to do one of two things and both are a pain in the butt.  Using 3dMax 2015 you could do alpha mapping of your texture files and copy them to the part.  Make your left and right sides separated from each other.  alpha map to them both (i think mirror is an option too)  This will allow you to have both show correctly.  The second would be to try and redo the texture of the whole vehicle to make it so that it all lines up with the correct text on both sides.  Both are a pain but alpha mapping is explained online in several well written and illustrated tutorials.

I also have the 3dmax2015 version on my computer and then downloaded the ogre pluggin for it.  Then I have photoshop with a .dds pluggin for it as well.  The new version of the sdk I may be out of luck on as if I remember correctly It was over a Gig of download and I won't be seeing that bandwidth anytime soon lol.

When shes ready send her over the files should be small and I will get some lighting on it.  Be good practice as I'm working on redoing the other previous mods during the downtime I do get.  Its a good stress reliever until the em2016 world editor does something stupid and then the computer almost becomes a brick to toss across my area.  

Looking at this model makes me think that we could add the water cannon to the top for crowd control or the LRAD 3d model to the top also for crowd control.  Of course with the LRAD (acoustic device) I had limited success with taking the files used for water spray and copying them and creating a fake "clear" water spray .dds and changing several parameters to make it wide etc.  It sorta worked but could hurt people if "sprayed" on them to long.  However you seem to know more about scripting so you might be able to modify a megaphone, increase the range, width, etc and see if that would work.  An idea to throw out.  At some time I will send you the 3d files i have for the simple traffic cone, road barrel, road barrier, LRAD etc.

Anyways below is the information i have for changing the files to get that vehicle in substitute the "yourvehiclename" as the vehicle name of the prefab of course.  This is also for the steam version of the game 2016 and installed on C drive.  All files need to be created and modified to get a vehicle into the game correctly.  Also this presents a problem with one mod conflicting with another because I made a vehicle and you make a vehicle and my files don't include your vehicle then your vehicle will not be seen even if it worked before.  So modders would HAVE to be on the SAME page with the list of vehicles and who they belong to in the game.  I don't think enabling a mod in EM2016 or EM5 will allow multiple instances of the same file.  I think it simply chooses the last mod enabled and uses that copy.  Someone may want to research this as it could be a problem that we run into with new objects and vehicles entering the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------- 

files that need to be changed to get a vehicle
into the game w/o overwriting another.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common
\Emergency 2016\data\em5\content\prefab\spawnpoint
"spawnpoint_entry_ground_police.json"

(if police if fire or other pick the correct file)

"em5::UnitSpawnPointComponent":
            {
                "UnitList":
                [
                    "MTW",
                    "STW",
                    "TFSEKD",
                    "TSEKR"
                    "add vehicle"

spawn_exit_ground.json
 "em5::UnitSpawnPointComponent":
            {
                "Type": "UNITSPAWNPOINTTYPE_EXIT",
                "UnitList":
                [
                    "RTW",
                    "NEF",
                    "RHF",
                    "RW",

"RW_Historic",
                    "TLF",
                    "DeKon-P",
                    "DLK",
                    "TFMB",
                    "KF",
                    "TFD",
                    "TFT",
                    "MTW",
                    "STW",
                    "TFSEKD",
                    "TSEKR",
                    "ASF",
                    "EKW",
                    "BFZ",
                    "IMT"
"add vehicle"
                ]
            },

Each vehicle must have a spawn entry point and
exit point.

If air you must select the correct exit.  Watch
your format on the .json files one extra space
will mess this file up and cause vehicles to not
load

\Emergency 2016\data\em5\gamedata\em5_unitpool

"startup.json"  controls free play events and some
other events in the game 
"em2016_campaign.json" controls units for 2015-
2016 campain missions

-----sample of the file--------------
"map01_munich_freeplay_unitpool":        //
Unitpool of the player for Freeplay
        {
            // Firefighters
            "RW": "4",            
// "Rüstwagen"
            "TLF": "4",          
 // "Tanklöschfahrzeug"
            "DeKon-P": "1",        //
"Dekontaminationsfahrzeug"
            "DLK": "2",          
 // "Drehleiterfahrzeug"
            "FLB": "0",          
 // "Feuerlöschboot"
            "TFMB": "0",        //
"Transportfahrzeug Motorboot"
            "KF": "1",          
 // "Löschflugzeug-Kommandofahrzeug"
            "TFD": "1",            
// "Transportfahrzeug Feuerwehrdrohne"
            "TFT": "0",            
// "Transportfahrzeug Taucher"
            "RW_Historic": "1",    //
"Historischer Rüstwagen"
------------------------------------------
need to add your vehicle to the proper catogory
and use the proper format.
 You need to do this
for ALL freeplay maps in order for it to show up
all the time.  If it is to be in the campain then
you must edit the other .json file  The above
sample is for fire equipment.  There are
catagories for fire, police, medical, tech.

\Emergency 2016\data\em5\gamedata\em5_order_info

"ambulance"
"firefighters"
"police"
"Tech"

Here you will find the folders that determin what
part of the game the vehicle will be listed in.  
For the vehicle you designed it would probably go
into the police folder.
You will place the "vehicle_name.json" file into
the folder

You will need to create a new file using the above
format "vehiclename.json"  I would simply copy and
modify an existing vehicle
.  Lets look at this
file now using the stw as an example

Spoiler

---------------police_stw.json--------------------
{
    "Format":
    {
        "Type": "em5_order_info",
        "Version": "1"
    },
    "OrderInfo":
    {
        // STW Streifenwagen (police
patrol car)      ------> change this a description
of the vehicle
        "STW":    ----> this is the
shortened name used in the unitpool (IT MUST MATCH
OR IT WONT LOAD)

{
            "Prefab":
"em5/prefab/vehicle/police_stw",  --> points to
the prefab file em5/prefab/vehicle/yourvehiclename
            "AvatarIcon":
"police_stw",    --->need to create a new one or
use existing and name it to match yourvehiclename
            "SelectionIcon":
"police_stw", --->small dds graphic for selection
screen, create new and follow same format
            "MiniMapIconType":
"PoliceVehicle", --> leave as is if you want the
small icon on the map only
            "LocalizedName":
"ID_NAME_STW",   --> change to ID_NAME_(USE THE
SHORTENED NAME FOR YOUR VEHICLE ABOVE HERE)
            "UnitTags": "Police
Vehicle Road STW", --->Not sure
            "OrderDepartment":
"PoliceDepartment", --> determins who owns the
vehicle and what selection screen it is listed
under
            "OrderCost": "10",  -->
cost of the vehicle
            "OrderSpeed": "10", -->
speed to prep vehicle (change this to simulate
loading a swat team or something lol)
            "UnlockCost": "0",
            "NumberAvailable": "5",
--> number available for call
            "PersonnelSpace": "2",  
--> not sure what this does as it doesn't match
below
            "StartPersonnel":
            {
                "Policeman" : "2"  
--> who starts in vehicle at the dispatch call
            },
            "PassengerSpace": "2", -->
how many spaces are available for passengers etc.
            "HelpPages":
            [

"TUTORIAL_HELPTEXT_BACK_TO_HQ_STW",  -> create new
.dds help file page and link them here to display
this info

"TUTORIAL_HELPTEXT_EXIT_STW"
            ]
        }
    }
}

--------------------------------------------------

-----------------
I'm sure there is something I'm missing as of
right now and if I come up with it I will
certainly let you know as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of this you may already know or maybe you know far more.  This is what I have learned from messing this game up more times then I can count by messing with files and parameters.  I will take a look at later at how to get the correct HUD screens to pop up for your vehicles and where to find them.  I know you will need to create them for most of the items as your vehicle is different then the standard ones found in the game.  I know that they are all .dds files so you will need something that can handle .dds files.  Photoshop with the .dds pluggin should work.

Gotta get going as I'm about to come up on duty but work looks great and it is nice to see that this game stands a chance of survival and people are working to make that happen.  Take care and have a great day.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA 

Thank you, still no luck yet.
 But I came pretty far and sent you the files

This was my first try with remapping the UVW. Unluckily I came into a normal map (from another body part) with the mirrored side :D. It's pretty doable. The little vehicle is the nearly finished one at the size i want to have.

@other modders: Ifyou press "M" (Materialeditor) you can pick your current material from unit selection and press "force recompile". This way I could easily use the tiff format and when hitting the button, the editor imported them in the .dds format and showed them without restarting. It's right now my favorite button

Final note: a waterthrower should be doable. Luckily we have the extinish fire action as orginal snippet (just a bit outdated). But instead of having them to go away I would Flag them with "Stun_Pepperspray" and play the gangsters animation which belongs to this action.

LRAD 3d model

what that? I googled it but i am still clueless

Have a nice day,

Killer

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_02/2016-02-24_00002.jpg.905c9d2f0d96a8680fd7101f68b0a486.jpg

2016-02-24_00002.jpg

Looking good.  I got the email and the files and when I get back later tonight/today hopefully i can mess around with them some.  

LRAD (Long Range Acoustical Device)  Non-lethal weapon for crowd control that puts out an ear piercing sound using a directional high wattage speaker.  We use them for all sorta of things from civil disturbance to actually making a person feel sick and disoriented.  It can be attached to a vehicle or used as a quick setup ground station.  

The idea for EM5-2016  would be to use the one portion of the 3d model and make it attachable to your vehicle above.  It could be optional equipment.  We could make it like the megaphone and modify the script for longer distance and a narrow band.  Could direct it to the direction of the crowd etc.  When turned on in the game it would cause the crowds to disperse and stay out of the area however would NOT cause them harm.  If used in a hostage situation or swat situation they could be similar to a flash bang causing a suspect to be disoriented and make it easier for cuffing and getting under control.  The downfall to the LRAD is it is very directional and you may need to move the vehicle to another area or change the direction to maintain control.

It could also be added as equipment to a larger vehicle like a swat van and set up and used without the need for the armored vehicle.  

If you had played EM4 hoppah had a similar vehicle however it used a water cannon for crowd control however it would cause damage to people when it was used.  The water cannon could also be another option for the SW4 as well, that or tear gas canister launcher.  

Just throwing some ideas out.

The sound the LRAD makes is a very noisy "car alarm" sound or in the low freq you may just feel sick.  Like the feeling you get when standing in front of a huge bass speaker.  You could look up videos of it in use online.    

Well anyways gotta get going, I responded to your email and when I get back onto the fob later I will play some more with it.  I started doing some research on that vehicle earlier to make it pretty realistic.

Have a great day

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

We are doing really good. I happily announce that http://www.emergency-planet.com/profile/59840-william-stapleford/joint my project.  While William is about to add lighting and make the unit playable, I am working with Gimp and 3ds max to bring the best possible visual appearance to the unit. Our unit shall be as modular as possible so that you can attach other equipment or leave equipment like the bucket away. I Hope you enjoy the pictures. A tutorial about the importing will follow in near future. Stay tuned!

We will possibly provide upload #1 between Monday and Friday next week, as we are still missing things here and then.

sw4_new pic.png

2016-02-25_00002.jpg

sw4_new pic_2.png

2016-02-25_00003.jpg

2016-02-25_00004.jpg

2016-02-25_00005.jpg

2016-02-26_00008.jpg

2016-02-26_00010.jpg

2016-02-27_00005.jpg

2016-02-27_00006.jpg