William Stapleford

Sorry for the Sudden Disappearance

Sorry for the long disappearance. Due to circumstances far beyond my control I was sent away for the military and some extra training.  I can not go into much more detail.  That being said I have had little to no time to invest in working with gaming files and even less time to actually get on this so called internet.  I have the newest version of the game being the em5-2016 and have been slowly working on some of the files and changing over the lighting mods.

I also have been following the forums when I can and see that Frozenone has also had to step away and that it will be a huge loss to this community.  What few people that we have had working on this game and I would say he was damn near the best if not the best.  

I have also noticed a few people that may be working on stuff and would like to reach out to them to see about working together and trying to get something going.  I had limited success before being activated in getting new models into the game however I have no idea how to write scripts to make it all work.

I'm asking whomever is left in this community to reach out to one another and lets try and put our heads together and come up with a way of making this game survive and work.  Support from the Devs has been a joke and I don't expect anything at all from them and have given up hope on them at this time.

I only continue to mess with the files because people still love playing this game and as much as i love the mods for em4 I love the graphics and lighting in em5-2016.

If you are reading this and contribute anything to this effort please, lets reach out to one another.

If you know how to write scripts, change a single paint job, create 3d objects, etc. please let the forum know.

I'm hoping to get back home soon, I miss it

Hopefully during some of my downtime (if i get any) i can start playing again.  Steam really screws with me as even if i play offline it still wants an internet connection at times.  Not alot of great service here lol.

Take care everyone and hope to get back soon.

I will check the forums when I can as well to see if anyone is willing to step up and help out.  I still hold on to the hope that this game will takeoff and survive.

Stay safe everyone and happy New Years to all

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Hey Bill,

We may now finally get lucky! Recently Ben12 started posting on our forum, stating that he als was into modding EM5 and wanted to pick up the Dutch mod where FrozenOne left off. He was already working on a (or the?) mod as we speak. I contacted him through PM and there I learned that he was eager, passionate and convincing. Nevertheless, he also was modest since he declared that a lot of things about modding (EM5?) yet, were for him still to find out how; but still... 

As I stated here many times already, I am no modder at all - I'm just a player. And just like FrozenOne, I am Dutch. Since I got some "emergency experience" on being an ambulance driver (back in my days), I contacted FrozenOne by PM at the time, the moment he posted that he was working on a Dutch mod. I was triggered and so I suggested him to help him out with tips, ideas, advises, comments and suggestion while he was developing his mod and. I also offered him to test and look at his mod before he would upload his Mod to the forum - all this, just to make the Dutch mod as realistic as possible. FrozenOne was happy wit my help during all this time; I was glad (but also a little bit proud) when I noticed he was sometimes willing, when technically possible, to implement my ideas into the Dutch mod. Well, you are familiar with the result: the mod was just great! Mind you however, all the credits go to FrozenOne as being the developer of the Dutch mod; I was only a small part of his thinktank...

As I said, I also contacted Ben12 through PM the moment at he time, as he stated he would be working on the Dutch mod as well. He is also willing to accept my help so I'm sure that shortly, we'll be a team... :cheers:   Since you are very eager in developing EM-Mods as well, and I believe that Ben12 stated on the forum that he would like to cooperate with other forum members to combine forces and share each others knowledge, maybe you should contact him as well; - after all, he is American, just like you...  :happy:

Well, for what ith worth... but, will you please keep me posted?

Cheers!!

Robert  :holdglass:

Hey William! I see Ropie58 has given a nice intro, thanks. Like he said, I am interested in joining forces; in fact I contacted you on one of the forum posts to find out how you got a unmarked police vehicle in and how someone would go around doing this. Although I can't really help you here, I am quite experienced with editing the game files for a better experience. So that's kind of like scripting. If you were able to get a new vehicle model in, please, I would like to know this. I think I might be able to change some skins if I can figure out what's up with the prefab files in this game.

Relax guys. In the German EMERGENCY community boards a small team of about 10 people is trying to create the first big modification for EMERGENCY 5 / EMERGENCY 2016. The recent developments are really amazing, we have completely new vehicles, the work on the new map has started (with the online editor you can work with 4-6 and more level designers at the same time, it's great!) and we have the first new plugins for the programming system (vehicle lights control, working parking slots at stations, dispatch systems and vehicle positioning systems). Stay tuned for more information!

In the next days / weeks, we'll start the integrated EMERGENCY Wiki and all information will be also available in English. We are also in contact with the developers in order to get some bugfixes and wishes for the programming support into the next patch.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in the German boards - we'll try to help you!

I've mentioned it several times in the past, that we are working on projects for EMERGENCY 5 / EMERGENCY 2016. And there were several invitations to ask questions in the German community boards in order to answer it. The main problem is, that there are only a few people, who know how the modification of the games works. We have to provide tutorials at first, but we'll share this aswell in English language.

And yes, the mod is German, off course. ;)

Relax guys. In the German EMERGENCY community boards a small team of about 10 people is trying to create the first big modification for EMERGENCY 5 / EMERGENCY 2016. The recent developments are really amazing, we have completely new vehicles, the work on the new map has started (with the online editor you can work with 4-6 and more level designers at the same time, it's great!) and we have the first new plugins for the programming system (vehicle lights control, working parking slots at stations, dispatch systems and vehicle positioning systems). Stay tuned for more information!

In the next days / weeks, we'll start the integrated EMERGENCY Wiki and all information will be also available in English. We are also in contact with the developers in order to get some bugfixes and wishes for the programming support into the next patch.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in the German boards - we'll try to help you!

Well, If I might make you a few humble but most sincere suggestions for your mod:

As you read in my former reply, I stated that FrozenOne and I have done a lot of things to make the Dutch Mod look as professional as can be. For instance: one of the most disturbing things for me in the original German EM5/EM2016-games, is the fact that you can see that when firemen take their hoses from their fire engines (the one who mostly first arrive at the scenes), they then run around “half the city” in order to find a hydrant to attach their hoses to.

To me, in view of our own Dutch Fire Department, this procedure never made any sense. And so I asked FrozenOne, regarding his Dutch mod, if it would be possible for him to have the firemen FIRST attach their hoses to their fire engines (they carry water tanks - for goodness sake :huh: ), before have them running around the city while searching for a hydrant. FrozenOne made this happen – a much more realistic view now of course. However, I don’t know how it works with the German Fire Department; whether those fire engines (arriving first at scene) also carry their own water tanks or not.

My advice/suggestion to you German modders for a more realistic look is clearly the following: if the German fire engines DO carry their own water tanks, have your fireman FIRST attach their hoses to their fire engines instead of having them start running around with their hoses in search for a hydrant. I know that in the Sixteen Tons software update (2.0.2.), the developer of the game finally made this happen but only with the Water Tenders. 

And while we’re at it: In my early days at the forum, I made the following suggestion:

When the fire tender is using its extinguisher on its roof, you'll notice that, when pointing out another fire with your mouse, the water canon is automatically turning towards the fire without letting the fire tender changing its position, provided the fire to be extinguished, is in its reach.

The turntable ladder should actually do the same thing (at least in real life that is): turning its water canon on the ladder towards the fire source once pointed out. However, for each different fire you point out, other than the one that is being extinguished with its water canon at that very moment, the turntable ladder lowers its ladder and the fire engine is to be repositioned completely, rising its ladder again and then continuing putting out the fire. It's not realistic AND it's losing time putting out a fire.

Is this an idea for the mod as well: to let the turntable ladder putting out fires pointed to, without the need to be re-positioning itself all the time?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers!! 

:holdglass:

Robert  

We are working on full water-supply-simulation for the game. You'll have fire engines with limited water tanks and you'll have to connect hoses to the vehicles and set up water supplies from the hydrant to the vehicle. Water distributors are already working.

The aerial ladder behavior is a very complex topic. In this case, you'll have to program a completely new vehicle logic for the game. It's not impossible, but it's very hard to achieve at the moment.

Thank you Godra, for your swift reply.

So I DO think now, we should really be looking forward to your German mod (in English language) as well. Are we talking weeks from now or maybe still even months? Will you be posting this mod on THIS forum as well? Mind you, many of our players here are probably not familiar with the German language. So, for that reason, I don't think they'd ever consider to visit your forum with either sharing problems, ideas, questions or suggestions. And that seems to be a real pity now...

However, speaking in a personal capacity now - and hoping that I won't get shot over this :cool: , I think that it would be much appreciated by our forum members, if you'd be so kind in keeping us posted with your developments and are also willing to share your mods (in English?) through our forum as well. After all, we all have the same goal: developing and playing a great EM5/EM2016 mod!

As you apparently are in (closer?) contact with the German developer of the game, than any of us here on our forum (I presume), would it be an option and/or possibillity for you to have our problem of "the aerial ladder behavior" being placed on their table?

BTW: are you familiar with the Dutch Mod, have you ever played it?

Please, keep in touch!

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers!!

Robert. 

Most of the updates can be followed both in German and English at the Facebook page of EMERGENCY Newstime. We'll also try to post some news here at Emergency Planet, but it will take some time to prepare the content.

The first results of the completely new map can be seen here. You also can see some new vehicle models (based on EMERGENCY 4 models) and new buildings.

We are in direct contact with the developers of the game. We can report the issues with the aerial ladder and crane vehicle (same problem here) to them, but I don't expect any changes here in the future. The main problem is, that we won't waste their time with changes, that can be also changed by modders in a long period of time. When we ask them in case of problems, we try to do it only because of major bugs or feature wishes regarding the engine or modding interfaces.

And yes, I have played the Dutch mod already. It's really cool! :)

Okay! You've played the Dutch mod as well - I'm glad you liked it. Did you, by any chance, also succeed in playing the game after the new Sixteen Tons software update 2.0.2? If so, could you please help us out here?

I'm sure you've read on our forum that the Dutch mod stopped working after the coming out of EM2016 and ST's software update 2.0.2, which also badly influenced EM5. From this moment on, we cannot play the Dutch mod anymore in any of both games. And we are all longing for a "fix" that makes the mod work again.

But since FrozenOne left the forum (because of personal issues) he never uploaded us the "repair-fix". And, considering the state he seemed to be in at the time, I don't think he ever felt like making a "mod fix" at all. So now, we're all stuck here and are hoping for someone who is able to get the Dutch Mod up and running again. Just to be played again and nothing more...  :sporty:

I don't know if it is technically possible for anybody, other then the mod creator himself, to have the mod repaired, should the mod have a password or something... But, if you or any member of your team, is able and/or willing to repair the Dutch mod, we would be in debt forever...  :blush:

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!!

Robert.

The main problem is, that it is quite hard to figure out the changes made with the latest patch in order to recreate the assets and properties. For this reason, you'll have to take the patched original files and replace textures, lights etc. with the files from the modification. It's not impossible to fix the modification, but it takes some time to do it.