Bonez

CTD When Playing Mods

Hi,

I've been experiencing this CTD for a bit now. When I load the game it works fine on the start menu. Playing the Campaign it generally works until the end of a story mission before crashing. Free play of the base game seems to work fine for endless amounts of time.

However when I load any mod, I have tested several, the game crashes within ~5 minutes of starting. It gives me just enough time to get some units into the game before it decides to crash.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times now to no effect.

Thanks for the help ahead of time and hope that this issue can be resolved.

DxDiag shows that the drivers are from 2014, I assure you that they are up to date.

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

Unsure on a solution but there are the following errors in your logfile;

'?ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required!'

'?ScanVehicles: mod:Units/Vehicles/Police/250lapdhelicopter/unit.xml not found or error in file'

'?ScanVehicles: mod:Units/Vehicles/TEC/130bulldozer/unit.xml not found or error in file'

'?ScanVehicles: mod:Units/Vehicles/Police/250lapdhelicopter/unit.xml not found or error in file'

'?ScanVehicles: mod:Units/Vehicles/TEC/130bulldozer/unit.xml not found or error in file'

'?ERROR: Model mod:Models\Objects\Construction\constrsign does not contain version number information.'

Mostly to do with missing vehicles, but I'm unsure on the top error, a quick search of the forum led me to this page, might be worth trying!

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/3755-problem-with-em4-on-vista/

Hate to double post but just to ensure it is seen....

I looked at the link provided and it seems to have fixed the issue. What I personally did to solve the issue was to uninstall the codec pack that I had installed. I then reinstalled my current video drivers and restarted. Then I installed the community codec pack and my issues seem to be resolved.

Large thanks to you Meredith.

And to triple post....

The problem seems to be relatively solved yet I do believe I am crashing at the first call out. The dynlight.vsf error is still occuring and my graphics drivers are up to date. What would be the thoughts on attempting a downgrade on my graphics drivers and reinstalling?

If it is the exact same issue then I am beginning to think that it may have something to do with an update or change with the AMD drivers. Not sure if anyone else has the problem though.

Lots of troubleshooting with installations left right, and center as well as trying every driver and other solution I can think of doesn't seem to be working thus far.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I could play before but it has randomly decided not to work mods anymore. Probably at least 2 months now.

Crashes a few minutes after loading the mod. I can however play free play, did a half hour game yesterday, and the campaign without any mods active.

Administrator should be on, will check next time I try.

PC specs should be in the dxdiag in the first post but running:

-Windows 8, possibly 8.1 if the computer updated

-Radeon 6970 (or 90) with 2GB vram

-FX - 4350 OC to 3.9GHz

-8GB Ram

If by none modded the answer above stands. I do get CTD in the campaign but usually after a story mission completes.

Have tried with Harbour City 4.6.1 and Northview: South County mod since last reinstall. Previously have tried using Mayberry Mod, Montana Mod, and others.

I FINALLY fixed it after 6 months of trying! It turns out that Windows Media PLayer had some factor into the game crashing. So I uninstalled that and installed CCCP Codec pack and boom, it's fixed! I would like to thank everyone who helped me! Time to play some EM4!

Cheers!

lamodder

If it is the exact same issue then I am beginning to think that it may have something to do with an update or change with the AMD drivers. Not sure if anyone else has the problem though.

Lots of troubleshooting with installations left right, and center as well as trying every driver and other solution I can think of doesn't seem to be working thus far.

Had the EXACT same problem and after a discussion in another thread came to no solution. 

EDIT:  Possible solution for those with AMD graphics cards

I have done more looking around online and after spending hours searching through threads on the AMD site I decided to try uninstalling AMD Gaming Evolved, also known as Raptr.  It seems to have solved the crashing issue.  Hopefully this is helpful to those who recently had their drivers updated and haven't been able to play since!