Seluryar

Post your emergency vehicle lightbars!

Found this locally for $25:

22960912235_c8851e938e_z.jpgFederal Signal Smart Vector Lightbar by R Seluryar, on Flickr

For $25, I dont expect it to work properly, but with parts easy to find on ebay for now, it shouldnt be a problem to restore it.

Its a SV-A Series with 2 pods featuring 3 lights in them, one for takedown, one for alley and one for rear flasher.

I hope to restore it and then make a shelf for it to put on my wall while using a power inverter to power it off of household wall power.

I have wanted a vector or Vision bar for the last 20 years, never thought I would actually get my hands on one.

Hope to acquire a Federal Signal Vista or Streethawk next. Ultimately, I would like a Whelen Wecan compatible lightbar but those are usually selling for over $1000 used.

I have since added a few more bars to my collection, A Amber Vector SL, an Amber Mini Vector SL, a Whelen Liberty, and a Federal Signal Streethawk.

Both amber vectors have very short cables and that allowed me to get them both for $75 total.

GrCMPZr.jpg

vKiDQhK.jpg

gv5rFIA.jpg

I have a temporary power solution to powering them, I have been able to see what works on my first Vector, sadly it seems that only 3 rotators work along with the takedowns and alleys, the mini vector sl runs fine, the larger vector sl had its rotator bulb burned out so I replaced it with one of the working ones from my first vector, The Liberty runs fine on a 10amp continuous regulated power supply and the Streethawk works completely.

Modified my 3 pod Vector SL from amber to red white and blue:

Started this Summer with 7 bars, killed a full size vector while trying to get it fully working, tossed it out as well as the parts bar I was using for it., Sold my full size Amber Vector SL.

With the removal of the amber led modules out of my Mini Vector, I placed them into my Arjent SL and have it listed for sale on craigslist:

If I can sell it, I will be left with my Liberty and Streethawk and Mini Vector SL Which I have no intention of selling/tossing either of them.

I seriously had to room in my tiny apartment for all of these lol.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:21 PM, itchboy said:

Im curious: How do you kill a lightbar? Too much voltage?

Some lightbars have fuses in them, I think the vector had 2 20 amp fuses in it, But they dont do any good if you provide 600 amps to the wrong side of the circuit. The pod I was replacing refused to light up the bulb which I knew was a good bulb, So I tried another pod, connected wires from the jump starter to the pods wire leads(before fulling screwing the pod in so it was partly completing the full circuit) and I guess that killed the whole bar.

In other news, I got some red LED modules for my Liberty.

I now just need 2 more red modules for the rear for it to be true red blue, Not stopping there, Will eventually replace the takedowns and alleys with compatible led versions.

This is my NYPD streethawk, Fully restored by me. This was suspected to be at ground zero because during the breakdown process a white debris was found. When I showed my mother who was a 9/11 survivor she confirmed that it looked exactly the the debris found in her office located across the street from the WTC. This particular bar also had a date code of early 1997.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 7:40 AM, mercurygrandmarquis1 said:

This is my NYPD streethawk, Fully restored by me. This was suspected to be at ground zero because during the breakdown process a white debris was found. When I showed my mother who was a 9/11 survivor she confirmed that it looked exactly the the debris found in her office located across the street from the WTC. This particular bar also had a date code of early 1997.

buy a gaming pc