FFMeredith

Auto Scroll

When starting either a new free play or loading an existing free play, my game loads fine. But as soon as it loads into the game the map auto scrolls; none of my keys are jammed and pausing or going to main menu doesn't fix it. It has recently happened on Mayberry 1.5, but not 1.2 and Kent Mod. 

Admin; I have tired searching the forum, but I couldn't think of different wording that would explain it (sorry if it's already existing) 

When starting either a new free play or loading an existing free play, my game loads fine. But as soon as it loads into the game the map auto scrolls; none of my keys are jammed and pausing or going to main menu doesn't fix it. It has recently happened on Mayberry 1.5, but not 1.2 and Kent Mod. 

Admin; I have tired searching the forum, but I couldn't think of different wording that would explain it (sorry if it's already existing) 

a particular modification is unlikely to cause this issue, it might just simply be the game thinking you want to scroll. I sometimes encounter this but it isn't exactly a game breaking bug, I just have too move my mouse to each side to engage the scrolling and then hit all the arrow keys and it usually fixes itself.

I seem to remember that this can be caused by the mouse moving when the mod/freeplay game is loading. Try loading the mod and then the game, ensuring that the mouse doesn't move at all and see if that makes a difference. It might not, but worth a try.

Yeah, I get what he's saying. That also happens to me when I load a game but doing what TheAxeMan33 said should always correct this problem. If this is not the problem then can you please explain it more in detail.

a particular modification is unlikely to cause this issue, it might just simply be the game thinking you want to scroll. I sometimes encounter this but it isn't exactly a game breaking bug, I just have too move my mouse to each side to engage the scrolling and then hit all the arrow keys and it usually fixes itself.

Thanks, I'll give it a go!

I seem to remember that this can be caused by the mouse moving when the mod/freeplay game is loading. Try loading the mod and then the game, ensuring that the mouse doesn't move at all and see if that makes a difference. It might not, but worth a try.

Yeah, I get what he's saying. That also happens to me when I load a game but doing what TheAxeMan33 said should always correct this problem. If this is not the problem then can you please explain it more in detail.

[Apologies for the double post] 

I've tried the following and it hasn't worked, it even affects me in campaign too, click okay to load mod and again for mission and don't touvh my mouse/keyboard and it still occurs, still restricted to Kent and Mayberry mod, but is now affecting Barcelona mod. I can't find my disk so haven't tried a reinstall yet!

Autoscrolling of what you're describing comes, in my experience from touching a key or mouse during loading and that's the only time I experience it. 

As a drastic last measure, unplug your keyboard (assuming you're on a PC) and launch the mod directly from the desktop, using the shortcut type, not load game and then mod. Once you get up to the main screen, plug in your keyboard and attempt to play the game. If it still creates the scroll, let us know. If you remove the keyboard, it means there will be definitely no input whatsoever coming from it. 

If it does work, please try to load freeplay in the regular base game, plus each mod you have that you haven't tested (or if you've tested them all) with the same. If it's in every mod and base game, then we know it's an input issue not a mod issue. 

It's weird, so let's see if we can figure itout

Autoscrolling of what you're describing comes, in my experience from touching a key or mouse during loading and that's the only time I experience it. 

As a drastic last measure, unplug your keyboard (assuming you're on a PC) and launch the mod directly from the desktop, using the shortcut type, not load game and then mod. Once you get up to the main screen, plug in your keyboard and attempt to play the game. If it still creates the scroll, let us know. If you remove the keyboard, it means there will be definitely no input whatsoever coming from it. 

If it does work, please try to load freeplay in the regular base game, plus each mod you have that you haven't tested (or if you've tested them all) with the same. If it's in every mod and base game, then we know it's an input issue not a mod issue. 

It's weird, so let's see if we can figure itout

I tired without the keyboard plugged in, and just went through the normal interface, it worked fine. Then i tired booting with the keyboard plugged and it worked fine, so most likely a blip with my keyboard! But booting without the keyboard in seemed to solve the problem for it booting the Kent Mod, will try again with one of the other mods that it happened in and let you know.

Thanks!

So the fix works even on reboot, so just need to reload any mods that I had the issue with and do that with no keyboard and they all work fine after!

Must be your computer is registering an input one way or another. Worst case scenario you have a hotfix for it. If it continues, download a keylogger To see what the computer is registering during loading. There's lots of key stroke loggers for debugging out there. Can't recommend one over the other, since I've never used any.

Let me know how things go!

Must be your computer is registering an input one way or another. Worst case scenario you have a hotfix for it. If it continues, download a keylogger To see what the computer is registering during loading. There's lots of key stroke loggers for debugging out there. Can't recommend one over the other, since I've never used any.

Let me know how things go!

I tried using a key logger, but it didn't replicate the auto scroll on any mod that I loaded, so hopefully it's a permanent fix!

Thanks again