Mindcat

Mindcats 3D-Creations NEW 2015 Quantum Cab

Rate:) Thx, appreciate it. Rating 1-5  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Detail?

2. 2. Look

3. 3. Personal opinion

Hey guys, i´ve learned how to create models on Zmodeler 3. I am going to share different 3D-Models i made here. They will be all downloadable for the community.

Im very proud to announce after some hard hours of work that im almost ready to release my first scratch made firecab. It is the truck i wanted to do for a long time and now finally did it. I tried to make it as clean and simple as possible and also made all 4 doors openable. So here it is: screenshot384pgfwnjyht.pngscreenshot45gdl9p2j6mb.pngscreenshot47mw2t17ouyr.pngscreenshot33y4pmwu8czn.png

First Project: T800 Tanker 

The 6 thin "blocks" on the back are not lights, they are steps

Progress pictures:

Credits:

itchboy - T800 Cab

Mindcat - Tanker

Real Unit:

1_3_T800_Firetruck1.jpg

screenshot13f8nuveli2a.pngscreenshot143mg1dalp2s.pngscreenshot154o2gx6swyz.png

screenshot12de3grljtuw.png

Defently trying to do everything myself, did learn alot but now im ready to present my first project:) Also a big hanks to itchboy because he also gave me motivation and support all the time. Yes, im going to pm you then

If someone could help with uv-mapping that would be awesome. Don´t quite get it working right yet but working on it

Kudos for trying to learn to model yourself, it's a tough task but one that opens up a ton of possibilities to create whatever you want.  I'm sorry that I can't help you with UV-Mapping as I don't use that particular app I don't know anything about it's system for applying it.  Z2's UV mapper I find tedious and rather complex for what I do when it comes to mapping, so I use Z1 instead since it's a simpler system to UV map with.  Outside of Z1's mapping system I'm not really qualified when it comes to the alternatives.  Z2 I know a bit of how to use it but I find it so tedious that I generally avoid using it if possible.

Defently trying to do everything myself, did learn alot but now im ready to present my first project:) Also a big hanks to itchboy because he also gave me motivation and support all the time. Yes, im going to pm you then

If someone could help with uv-mapping that would be awesome. Don´t quite get it working right yet but working on it

Uv mapping is easy. Take a screenshot of top, front, rear, left, right (change the grid to black or put a green image in the material editor temporarily.)

combine all images onto 1 photoshop sheet at the proper size. (It all depends on how high rez you want your skin.) make the skin

Make sure whole model is deselected. use the center poly mode (gives you a poly in the center of each triangle/rectangle) you can use the selector tool and it usually does an alright job of selecting that side of polys. do 1 part at a time. The left side of the cab can be done, separately uv map the door handles and any details though, but you can do the body. before you uv map make sure only the parts you want to map are selected and only do 1 side at a time otherwise it creates issues with the skin.

put your skin in the material selector. right click and go Surface=>Mapping=>Edit UV and create new uv map. switch to uv mapper tool to see skin. selected area will come up in the uv mapper, drag it and scale it into where you want to move it. if you switch it to poly mode after you get it scaled and in the right area you can finely tune your polygons and how they interact with the texture.

Super short tutorial. there's a longer one in the support/tutorial section. It took me a long time to figure out but once you get it, it sticks with you

Also between the spaces add other details that you'd like to use such as tail lights, headlight textures and so forth. best way to do that is d/c it from the model, hide the main part and screenshot it. size it and you'll have a nice detailed image of what you want. don't add lights onto the skin is my best suggestion. You can, it's much better separated for detail. :)

I'd nix the excess polys like the ones found on top of the cab's interior roof parts, since the roof will be mounted you don't really need them, but it looks pretty good for being your first complete scratch cab.