TheManGoesWild

In-Game Time comparison to Real-Life Time?

In regular freeplay with unmodified settings, ratio appears to be one game minute = one real life second. So 1hr in Em4 world = 1 minute in the real world.

You can set the timescale to be slower or faster, or even real time. Just a matter of playing with the freeplay.xml files for each game type (challenge, freeplay, deluxe, multiplayer, etc). I personally find 0.75 to be the most comfortable and that the days and nights pass 25% slower than the original.

In regular freeplay with unmodified settings, ratio appears to be one game minute = one real life second. So 1hr in Em4 world = 1 minute in the real world.

You can set the timescale to be slower or faster, or even real time. Just a matter of playing with the freeplay.xml files for each game type (challenge, freeplay, deluxe, multiplayer, etc). I personally find 0.75 to be the most comfortable and that the days and nights pass 25% slower than the original.

I didn't know you could edit the speed of the time cycle, might have a tinker around with it as I find the nights pass too quickly.

I might have a tinker with the time because as BeastyBill88 said the nights go too quickly.

@Itchboy I like your green fire vehicles (I think they are U.S. Forest fire service)

I might have a tinker with the time because as BeastyBill88 said the nights go too quickly.

@Itchboy I like your green fire vehicles (I think they are U.S. Forest fire service)

Thanks.

In my case, the nights pass way too slowly. The night/day difference has something to do with the timescale.tga used in a map. Someone IMO should make a timescale where nightfall is by 6 and daybreak by 5:30 unlike the current Em4 system which IMO has night time a bit too much.