Mindcat

Need a lighter or skinner for your mod?

He guys,

First of all, excuse my terrible english. Im from germany and try the best to write good english:D

i´d like to offer my skills to anyone who´s doing a mod.

Who am i?

-Im from Germany

-my german forum name is eMS3c

-I currently go to highschool (not sure if it is the same in english/american school system)

-I´ve been on the german forums quite a while, now i want to check this forum out too:)

-I hope i can be a help on this forum:)

My skills are:

-skinning

-lighting

-(starter on mapping)

-(starting on 3D Modelling)

Why do i not make a own mod?

I think i don´t have enough skill to start one standalone mod, which would require extended knowledge in modding (3D, scripting, mapping ...) which i don´t have.

But im pretty good at lighting and skinning. I´ve have done alot of lighting on mods but never released/shown them on public because of possible following copyright issues.Here is a video of some of my lighting and skins i did for my private London Mod edit:

Credits:

BMW 5 Series: -Grisu83

-Stormi

-TimmeyX

BMW 3 Series:  -Stormi

-TimmeyX

I´ll add more videos to show you what you can expect from me.

He guys,

First of all, excuse my terrible english. Im from germany and try the best to write good english:D

i´d like to offer my skills to anyone who´s doing a mod.

Who am i?

-Im from Germany

-my german forum name is eMS3c

-I currently go to highschool (not sure if it is the same in english/american school system)

-I´ve been on the german forums quite a while, now i want to check this forum out too:)

-I hope i can be a help on this forum:)

My skills are:

-skinning

-lighting

-(starter on mapping)

-(starting on 3D Modelling)

Why do i not make a own mod?

I think i don´t have enough skill to start one standalone mod, which would require extended knowledge in modding (3D, scripting, mapping ...) which i don´t have.

But im pretty good at lighting and skinning. I´ve have done alot of lighting on mods but never released/shown them on public because of possible following copyright issues.Here is a video of some of my lighting and skins i did for my private London Mod edit:

Credits:

BMW 5 Series: -Grisu83

-Stormi

-TimmeyX

BMW 3 Series:  -Stormi

-TimmeyX

I´ll add more videos to show you what you can expect from me.

Hey, I am in need of a skinner and a 3D Modeller for my Mod Brookville Hospital Mod. I would love it if you could be apart of my team!

All I need as you as a skinner is to skin an ambulance, any colour and has BCH and Brookville Emergency Response written on it

I'm curious, just to feed the fish here.

In your video you showcase some LED Light edits. To me, LEDs are not overly difficult, because the game system works better with those than any other type. What I'm curious is can you do halogen/rotator style lights. I'm also wondering how you set up patterns for LEDs other than the standard 1 2, perhaps a flash more similar to some of the more popular Whelen patterns. 

Also, how many coronas/other light elements would you use on a car?

I'm wondering this because I've seen many do vehicles with 200+ lights that should be no more than 50, but I've seen many who do LEDs and cannot do rotator styles at all without bogging the system down with many more lights than necessary. I personally follow the less is more approach. If you can make a realistic pattern with fewer lights, why not? 

So, in summary, what other types of lights can you do (examples would be nice) and how heavy are your loads?

I can do rotator and classic too, my lights don´t usually go over 100 Coronas, on big fire engines maybe 140. I defently focus on getting the lights to a minimum, for example on the harbor city mod the chargers had alot of useless light, i removed everything, started again, and didn´t have more then before but added some new lgihts to the car. You might have seen that. Also i could a liberty style flash pattern. CI could do any type of lights you want, for example for civil cars, contruction trucks.....

Basic rotator setup:

Credits: London Mod, ERS Berlin Team

Rotator Lightbar also on one of the engines

Credits: Harbor City mod

This Dodge Charger has also kinda a Whelen Pattern on if you wwatch closely

Credits: Harbor City Mod

BMWs in this video have custom head&tailights

Credits: London mod

I was wondering if there was any other way to remove lights instead of just having to keep pressing "remove, remove, remove, remove, remove, remove, remove.....REMOVE!" I need to take out like 90 lights on a car and I dont want to keep pressing "remove" for an hour.

I was wondering if there was any other way to remove lights instead of just having to keep pressing "remove, remove, remove, remove, remove, remove, remove.....REMOVE!" I need to take out like 90 lights on a car and I dont want to keep pressing "remove" for an hour.

If you remember Em3, the prototype files could be edited by text, so you could remove lights en masse. In Em4, the prototype files are encrypted and there is no way to edit them in a text editor, so unfortunately for us, there is no other way except the remove button.

That's why I leave myself lighting units at the end

- The reason if we have to change something to update the lighting or something to add - I need not delete

Personally, I have 3 options to you

A Take a backup and as something wrong - erasing and restoring new or old

B Sorry But Delete Delete Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelete all the lights

C Delete the file - do all over again - but remember if the game comes more lights then you have to consider because the lighting also takes a lot of time

That's my advice Have a nice relax ;)