Ace612

Blackwood County (Fictional), OR

Hi, good mod, who is author of these semi trucks ?

Hi. As mentioned under the "credits" spoiler, the Freightliner Columbia, International 8600 and most trailers are made by SCS-Software, converted by me. Although the semis are still in need of serious poly reduction.

The Peterbilt semi and dryvan/box trailer are from LA mod.

Hi. As mentioned under the "credits" spoiler, the Freightliner Columbia, International 8600 and most trailers are made by SCS-Software, converted by me. Although the semis are still in need of serious poly reduction.

The Peterbilt semi and dryvan/box trailer are from LA mod.

Thank, what typ of software you use for convert ?

You can also used other truck games and convert them right?

It can work with any SCS Software trucking game. Both 18WoS and ETS models are too detailed for EM4 though, so you will need to do some polygon reduction, if you are getting a semi cab. Although in 18WoS traffic vehicle models may be suitable for EM4 without poly reduction, as well as some of the trailers.

On the topic - is there anyone who is at least somewhat familiar with USFS ground operations in Oregon area?

I'm contracted through ODF and I'm a student firefighter/volunteer with a county dept. but I know people who work for/have worked for the feds, I'll see what I can do to answer your questions if you shoot them my way.

I'm contracted through ODF and I'm a student firefighter/volunteer with a county dept. but I know people who work for/have worked for the feds, I'll see what I can do to answer your questions if you shoot them my way.

That's great. I'd love to get my hands onto info about what vehicles are exactly used by USFS in the area, and by which crews (designators and unit numbers to put on trucks and the models/types of the vehicles primarily, though pictures would be just epic)

I tried googling that, but the info I found is very limited. Although I may be bad with Google :D.  

Yeah, Deluxe had some nice events, like the attempted suicide by drowning (one more water rescue event is always good), and then there was a special event, which activated, when a big traffic jam was starting to gather, so that made traffic control a bit easier (you wouldn't forget about it, at least). I'll look up if I can get the event from Deluxe map to mine.

And a small update for the agency that was left out for quite a long time - USFS Tactical Water Tender - Unit numbering may be a subject of change

0DyRzZE.png

tYthRvc.png

Cab model by MikeyPI

Wheels and lighting equipment by itchboy

Model edit, custom rear and texture by Ace612

I'm sorry if you have answered this in the past but as you are including a water tender I assume you are including the limited water supply script?

Correct me if I'm wrong but as of yet no one has made a hard suction or drafting script so a good workaround would be to put "dry hydrants" where the roads meet water sources. Worth noting that rural firefighting is ALL about water shuttling and that's going to be a hassle if you want realism.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as of yet no one has made a hard suction or drafting script so a good workaround would be to put "dry hydrants" where the roads meet water sources. Worth noting that rural firefighting is ALL about water shuttling and that's going to be a hassle if you want realism.

There's a drafting script in ERS Berlin mod I believe

it's possible but not worth the work imo

Santa Catarina mod has one. There's a video on that topic here on EmP.

Its basically a hydrant sunk into the water. Nothing too complicated really. An easy solution to a problem that plenty of people have wanted to see done.

Personally, a scripting solution I could imagine is assigning a dummy object in each body of water. Then have a FF place a "pump" which at least 4 vehicles can connect to. The pump acts as the "link" between the proverbial water and the effect of the water coming from the lake, when the pump is the actual supplier of the water in the script. Its a mix of visual trickery and scirpting magic, hard but do-able. If I get a donation or two, I seriously plan on making this sript. (For real though, I might make it if I want to)

Its basically a hydrant sunk into the water. Nothing too complicated really. An easy solution to a problem that plenty of people have wanted to see done.

Personally, a scripting solution I could imagine is assigning a dummy object in each body of water. Then have a FF place a "pump" which at least 4 vehicles can connect to. The pump acts as the "link" between the proverbial water and the effect of the water coming from the lake, when the pump is the actual supplier of the water in the script. Its a mix of visual trickery and scirpting magic, hard but do-able. If I get a donation or two, I seriously plan on making this sript. (For real though, I might make it if I want to)

This may be off topic but can you make a script so that police vehicles can do this?

I'm not saying if you can do it just if it is possible too

This may be off topic but can you make a script so that police vehicles can do this?

I'm not saying if you can do it just if it is possible too

Off topic, and the answer is no. The AI is just too stupid to be able to perform such complex turns and manouvers. Traffic AI is also scripted to follow a path and they cannot be slowed down or sped up. This is a semi pointless feature IMO and not worth jumping through all the hoops to make it happen. Traffic breaks are just something thats beyond Em4.

Zmodeller can work with both 18WOS and EM3/EM4 files

Hi, what version of zmodeler can work with 18WOS files ? My Zm2 can work only with .pmg files from 18wos convoy and .psm files from SCS software.

Hi, what version of zmodeler can work with 18WOS files ? My Zm2 can work only with .pmg files from 18wos convoy and .psm files from SCS software.

It can actually work with any 18WoS except the first one, I believe. I was able to get ALH models with the Convoy filter

I had an idea for a call maybe something like "United States Forestry Service Personnel missing" how possible is that to make?

Well, any medical call in the woods themselves would be similar to a SnR call, as trees should make it hard to pinpoint the victim's location. Although it will still be called out as a medical call. Masking one kind of med call as a "missing person" wouldn't work, either, as med calls happen to random civilians around the map, and missing person in front of a hospital would look strange :D

As for making a separate new freeplay event without missionscript - that is considered hard, I believe.