ThinBlueLineKY4

Mod Model Permission

If a model is available for download you don't normally have to ask for permission to use it (But some ask for you to get permission to edit certain bits like the model or texture) but 99.9% ask for you to credit them. If you are unsure, read the Readme/Credit files normally provided, 

If a model is available for download you don't normally have to ask for permission to use it (But some ask for you to get permission to edit certain bits like the model or texture) but 99.9% ask for you to credit them. If you are unsure, read the Readme/Credit files normally provided, 

Thanks!

All you have to do is check the documentation that the original project came from... If it was available for download as a separate mod, they are usually meant to be used with proper credits (no specific permission required)

If the thing came from a mod, if the authors of the mod were the original creators of the thing you want to use, follow their readme documentation for what they require for permission.  Usually when someone's stuff is free to use in other work it will state so with the requirement of credit provided.  Ones that do not state something like this you'd have to PM the author(s) to get permission, usually a fairly fast/easy process of "hey, can I use XXXX from you for my mod, I will credit you for the original content"  If they say yes, there ya go you've just gotta credit them.

When in doubt about credit requirements fall back to contacting the original authors of the content and simply asking, usually it isnt a big deal and most authors will grant permissions to you even if it isnt allowed free to use in their readme.  All you have to do is ask them and follow the conditions they set forth for the usage and most'll be more than happy to let you do it.

It's a bit of a give and take relationship, they just want the appreciation for their effort in the work, where you get to use their work without having to put in all that time making it as they did the first time around... It's a fair trade to show them a bit of respect for the time invested and simply ask when in doubt.

With all the drama and bullcrap going on here on EMP. Your best bet is to just ask permission for any model that you wish to use in the mod. Most people if you ask them the right way to use there vehicles they will let you. The best way to ask is to pm them do not ask them on a thread and make sure you save the messages in case a dispute comes up. When people ask me to use models that I have access to I make sure I let them know who made the models and all since I do not make models.