William Stapleford

WIP Multi-role Mod

After many hours of corrupting files with this game and banging my head into the wall I have decided that I would start messing with each file and find out what it does.  I have also learned many things about the way this game operates and how modding one little things has a cascading effect on other files.

Anyways I decided to make some changes to the game and the roles each unit can play.  I have never yet run into a police officer that did not have an extinguisher in the car and could not assist until fire personnel arrived so I changed some stuff.

Police officer can now use a fire extinguisher to cool and extinguish a fire as needed

Police officer can drag people and objects

Police officer now has pistol option on them

Police cruiser now comes equipped with extinguisher (unlimited for some reason)

Police cruiser comes equipped with pistol

Fire fighters can now direct traffic as needed, using the same gui layout and command as the officers do.

Fire heavy rescue (for now) is equipped with signal paddles 

Tech can now direct traffic

Tech can now use extinguisher to cool and extinguish a fire as needed

Tech can use a chainsaw

Modded tech vehicle comes equipped with extinguisher, chainsaw, and signal paddles.2015_04_27_00004.jpg

(fire fighters trying to control traffic while others assist in Vehicular rescue awaiting police to arrive)

More work in progress and also Im still working on mods to the many vehicles, changing to strobe and red / blue lighting.  

Stay tuned 

2015_04_27_00005.jpg

(Police were first to scene of vehicle fire and keep it under control until fire personnel arrive onsite to take over)

• Downvote 1

Definitely interesting, I was hoping something like this would come out sooner or later, especially for the police officers. Is there a download available to test it out?

You could try my dutch mod. Police have guns in it and also fire extinguishers in their car ;) But definitly nice to see what william is doing, keep it up!

Hey William, 

I definitly like your work as well and I also like your ambition with modding this game ;) I don't really have anything as of now that has to do with scripting but if I figure something out I'll be sure to let you know how to do it. Right now I'm working on new car models which are coming along nicely and in a few more days I'm announcing an American MOD :-)

Cheers,

Bram.

Count me in on the american mod. I do pretty good with lighting effects as of right now so if you want some help with vehicles let me know.

I have added in the multi-role mod the ability to use the fire fighters as medical staff as well as police. Both are trained in real life to act on basic life saving techniques. Currently I can only get them to work the same as the Dr meaning they cab Heal a person completely. Im attempting to make it that they will be able to STOP the bar for health from declining but not actually heal. That would mean they could stabilize a casualty but only the DR or medic could make them better.

Please keep me posted on whatever you do and maybe we can build off each other's strengths.

Did you ever look through all the files and see just how much stuff they left out?

Its sad half of the coding has TODO next to it and has never been turned on.

Good luck and keep up the great work.

William516

Delaware, USA

Count me in on the american mod. I do pretty good with lighting effects as of right now so if you want some help with vehicles let me know.

I have added in the multi-role mod the ability to use the fire fighters as medical staff as well as police. Both are trained in real life to act on basic life saving techniques. Currently I can only get them to work the same as the Dr meaning they cab Heal a person completely. Im attempting to make it that they will be able to STOP the bar for health from declining but not actually heal. That would mean they could stabilize a casualty but only the DR or medic could make them better.

Please keep me posted on whatever you do and maybe we can build off each other's strengths.

Did you ever look through all the files and see just how much stuff they left out?

Its sad half of the coding has TODO next to it and has never been turned on.

Good luck and keep up the great work.

William516

Delaware, USA

Hey William,

Sorry for taking so long to get back at you.

It is not that hard to implement the feature of making officers able to treat victims as it is just a matter of adding the command to their prefab file. To stabalize victims (something on my list as well) there is a plug-in needed. It is impossible to implement those features without the use of created plug-ins.

It is indeed pretty sad that a whole lot of files are being terrorised by TODO texts but let's hope it is indeed still on the list of the developer.

Good luck to you too ;)

FrozenOne-94

I have gotten the officers to treat the victims as well as fire fighters.  I also added the ability for the police to drag people to safety.  No luck at all in being able to get the stabilization to work as of yet.  Best i have gotten was to slow the treatment rate down but this also effects the medics because it is all using the same command.

has anyone had any luck looking into the .bin files for things.  I have opened them with a hex editor but i can't make heads or tails out of anything in it as of yet.

Keep up the great work.

William516

As stated in my post it is very easy to create the abilty for officers and firefighters to treat victims as it it just a matter of adding the command. You need to create a .dll plugin to create the stabalize command which I am working on now as well. I would not suggest to alter anything inside of the bin files. So you cannot change any files to make stabilizing commands available. You need to create (programm) the files yourself. I'll let you know once I finished this process. Hope this helps ;)

Cheers,

FrozenOne

You are far better at this then me.  I will have to wait for yours then.  I have caused so many faults in my files from messing around with things its not funny.  I basically have two versions of the game files on my computer now so I always have a backup copy of the files for WHEN not if I mess them up by changing values.

Do you think that you can give me an example on creating a plugin or .dll file, just something simple as an example.  I know some C++ programming and some other mechanical program language but that is about it.  I have also been trying to get the traffic redirect command tied to my traffic director signals and adding a GUI button for them in the game.  Basically taking the EM4 Modded LA version and trying to copy some of those features.  I tried a few things including adding a "invisible police officer" to the rear of the truck (mesh was turned off so he couldn't be seen" and setting the action to be redirect the traffic.  This did not work at all and caused some pretty odd and neat problems including losing most of the fire truck it was attached to in game.

I'm hoping that people like you will come to rescue this game, I dont have too much to offer as of now. 

Keep up the great work.

Bill

(Did you ever get any of the downloaded features from the 16ton site to work that allowed for modding and creating files?) I never could figure out how to use the tools and no information is provided from the company, even with multiple emails sent to support they do not wish to include documentation on how to use them)

Sorry I have been testing it with the newest version of the game and fixing some bugs. The other guy creating the US mod seems to have dropped off so I will have to figure outhow to make a plug in for stabilization of a patient. As of now the police can treat and heal someone just like medics and without some scripting I cant fix this. I had to step away for several months due to some Army obligations so thats why it appears that ot was abandoned. Im still working on things but this latest patch messed several things up now.

Bill

Delaware, USA