FrozenOne-94

NL Modification v2.0 released! Signal Torch screenshot!

Hey FrozenOne! Been waiting for this to be approved ever since seeing Alex using it. 

How exactly do we install this one?  I'm assuming drop a folder into the Emergency 5 folder, but which one?

Hey Arariel,

Thanks for your enthusiasm! ;)

If you downloaded the modification you should now have a 'NL Modification v2.0.zip' file on your computer. Upon opening the file with WinRar or 7-zip you should see a ReadMe file and another .zip-file called dutch_modification. The 'dutch_modification.zip' should extracted to an easy reachable place on your computer because this is the file you'll have to drag and drop onto the modifications tab after you launched the game (just launch the game but don't click 'Start Game' yet) The ReadMe file goes much more into detail when in comes to the installation method. I'd advise you to open the ReadMe file and scroll to page 5 where I put the installation notes.

Let me know if it worked out for you ;)

FrozenOne

Hey Arariel,

If you downloaded the modification you should now have a 'NL Modification v2.0.zip' file on your computer. Upon opening the file with WinRar or 7-zip you should see a ReadMe file and another .zip-file called dutch_modification. The 'dutch_modification.zip' should extracted to an easy reachable place on your computer because this is the file you'll have to drag and drop onto the modifications tab after you launched the game (just launch the game but don't click 'Start Game' yet) The ReadMe file goes much more into detail when in comes to the installation method. I'd advise you to open the ReadMe file and scroll to page 5 where I put the installation notes.

FrozenOne

I thought it was just a simple drag and drop, but I got confused because I saw the ZIP file when in RAR Extractor, but completely missed that it was the actual ZIP file I needed. XD  Thanks, I got it.  I unfortunately can't give it a test run right now, but I'll let you know how it is later.

Thanks!

Hey FrozenOne-94,

Thank you so much for this excellent modification for Emergency 5! I have been waiting for this mod ever since the first day Emergency 5 came out. When I just saw that it was approved, I immediately downloaded and installed the mod and had a quick test run, and so far it exactly what I would expect from such a mod. ITS GREAT! The models are great, most bugs I wouldn't even notice and the readme is extremely clear.

Now, about the "safe files" paragraph.. I ran the modification file through VirusTotal and maybe it's worth mentioning the following link in your ReadMe: https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/7af526e457eab8476ba49790f7da84483cfce016e70ca69899a91fee53c870ee/analysis/1440881477/. What this is, is a site that runs your file through 56 different virus/malware detection programs and shows the result. Your file is perfectly clean, so you might want to add that. :)

Also, I have a question about using your modification in videos. Is it okay for me to make videos of me playing this mod and upload them to YouTube (of course mentioning what and where it comes from)?

Thanks for this mod, you're the best. :laugh:

Cheers. :holdglass:

Hey FrozenOne-94,

Thank you so much for this excellent modification for Emergency 5! I have been waiting for this mod ever since the first day Emergency 5 came out. When I just saw that it was approved, I immediately downloaded and installed the mod and had a quick test run, and so far it exactly what I would expect from such a mod. ITS GREAT! The models are great, most bugs I wouldn't even notice and the readme is extremely clear.

Now, about the "safe files" paragraph.. I ran the modification file through VirusTotal and maybe it's worth mentioning the following link in your ReadMe: https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/7af526e457eab8476ba49790f7da84483cfce016e70ca69899a91fee53c870ee/analysis/1440881477/. What this is, is a site that runs your file through 56 different virus/malware detection programs and shows the result. Your file is perfectly clean, so you might want to add that. :)

Also, I have a question about using your modification in videos. Is it okay for me to make videos of me playing this mod and upload them to YouTube (of course mentioning what and where it comes from)?

Thanks for this mod, you're the best. :laugh:

Cheers. :holdglass:

Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

Great find on the Virusscan, I'll make sure to add it in the ReadMe file for the next update, I think it adds some real value so thank you! ;)

Of course you're allowed to use the modification for your videos, you're entirely free to do so and mentioning where the modification came from is not a necessity so that's all up to you because if people would download the modification they'll find out by theirselves whom it was created by. I won't ever use authors' right to remove videos from youtube (or any other site for that matter) so nothing stops you from making videos of it :P If you created the video feel free to contact me through email or forum because if you want I'll add the video to this topic as a showcase with credits to you.

I hope you keep enjoying playing this modification, stay tuned for information about the next update.

Cheers  :holdglass:

Watched thenorthernalex's video on this and i have just played the mod, it is great, i think it might get me back in to Em5 :)

Hey Bram,

Exactly 15 minutes before going to work for my night shift I downloaded and installed the update. I only was capable in giving it a no more look than 5 minutes, but as always, I was stunned! It looks really great and very professional again. In the coming days I will play the update and I'm absolutely certain that your Dutch MOD will convince the EM4 players to have a serious look at your MOD in EM5 as well. Maybe they now will be convinced after all, that EM5 is perfectly suitable to be MODDED as well. If only they were willing to and provided they have the knowlegde to get the job done. I'm sure the making of an American Mod for EM5 would be their next goal, instead of hanging on to the also great MODS of EM4!

Keep in touch!!

Cheers!!  :holdglass:

Robert.

Hey Arariel,

FrozenOne

Hey FrozenOne!

After playing a bit, I have to say that I'm really loving your mod!  The textures are amazing, and I'm in love with the new features, especially cops having guns. I NEEDED THIS!!!

Thank you so much for your hard work.  This will definitely be a permanent texture mod I use!

Hey Bram,

Exactly 15 minutes before going to work for my night shift I downloaded and installed the update. I only was capable in giving it a no more look than 5 minutes, but as always, I was stunned! It looks really great and very professional again. In the coming days I will play the update and I'm absolutely certain that your Dutch MOD will convince the EM4 players to have a serious look at your MOD in EM5 as well. Maybe they now will be convinced after all, that EM5 is perfectly suitable to be MODDED as well. If only they were willing to and provided they have the knowlegde to get the job done. I'm sure the making of an American Mod for EM5 would be their next goal, instead of hanging on to the also great MODS of EM4!

Keep in touch!!

Cheers!!  :holdglass:

Robert.

Hey Robert,

Thank you for the kins words as always, glad you like the update! ;)

With the screenshots of the Dodge Charger I finally showed people it is actually possible to modificate the game big time and I hope others can see the potential of the game now.

Cheers,

Bram.

Hey FrozenOne!

After playing a bit, I have to say that I'm really loving your mod!  The textures are amazing, and I'm in love with the new features, especially cops having guns. I NEEDED THIS!!!

Thank you so much for your hard work.  This will definitely be a permanent texture mod I use!

Awesome to see your support for the modification ;)

There is much more to come of course, stay tuned for further updates, latest news I've got is the Signal Torch coming to the Dutch Mod as seen in the screenshot in the first post of this topic ;)

Very nice ;) I love to see them so keep them coming :D I'll add it as a showcase video in the original post ;-)

:)

hello

I just noticed that when i use the laddertruck, something strange...the ladder isnt fully visible...with all mods disabled, this isn't an issue. Anyone else this prob?

I saw this as well. I was going to check different visu setting I currently play on utlra? What setting do you play on? IT like the bottom part those not animate up.

I noticed it as well, a couple of days ago, but I thought it was just a glitch; I figured that "next time" everything would be normal again, but I never got to a "next time" since I didn't play the game since then...

So now that more people are dealing with the same issue, I wonder what is going on here. Is any of you playing with a MOD here? If so, which MOD are you playing?

Greetings,

Robert.

I noticed it as well, a couple of days ago, but I thought it was just a glitch; I figured that "next time" everything would be normal again, but I never got to a "next time" since I didn't play the game since then...

So now that more people are dealing with the same issue, I wonder what is going on here. Is any of you playing with a MOD here? If so, which MOD are you playing?

Greetings,

Robert.

Just this mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just FYI, I had a similar problem with animations when I attempted to add some lighting or effect to a piece of a default model the had an animation attached. In my case it was the Tow truck. It may be the same thing here.

It would no longer animate the boom swing or anything until I removed the object from the animated piece. Same thing happened with the ladder truck when trying to place lighting on the basket.

So you may want to start looking in that part first. The developers did not make this game easy to troubleshoot.

Keep up the great work.

Bill

Delaware, USA

Just this mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just FYI, I had a similar problem with animations when I attempted to add some lighting or effect to a piece of a default model the had an animation attached. In my case it was the Tow truck. It may be the same thing here.

It would no longer animate the boom swing or anything until I removed the object from the animated piece. Same thing happened with the ladder truck when trying to place lighting on the basket.

So you may want to start looking in that part first. The developers did not make this game easy to troubleshoot.

Keep up the great work.

Bill

Delaware, USA

I assume that this is a problem that more players may be bumping into. But, since I am only a player and NOT a MODDER, I won't be able to do what William is suggesting in his solution... :huh:  

I am sure that FrozenOne-94, reading these messages, will look into it and seek for a solution.

Cheers!!    :holdglass:

Robert.