William Stapleford

Is EM5 dead already

Put it simply, full of potential, but the main killer for me was the bugs and performance issues. The lack of english tutorials and modding support was the last nail in the coffin.

I'm not paying a full retail price to fix their game for them. I'd prefer to spend my time making my own indie game thanks.

Won't be buying any of their future emergency products. Not for ten years or so, when maybe virtual reality/oculus rift will be incorporated, but i expect that will be developed by another developer.

Hi guys,

I can't say I disagree with you all together. The reason for our disappontmet in EM5 so far, probably lies in the fact that SixteenTons promissed us "the world" with this new game or, at least, made the suggestion that they did. We all, former EM4-gamers, are eagerly waiting and looking for successful MODS to go with the EM5-game that, in time, could compare themselves with the successful LA-MODS that "Hoppah" created for the EM4-game.

Well now, I think there is someone who is making severe efforts to do so with the creating of his Dutch Mod for EM5. To me, it's looking professional and promissing as I played the MOD for several weeks now. I know he is now constantly, and passionately, working on this MOD. At the moment he is making smaller enhancements and/or preparing bigger updates of the MOD (to be released within a couple of days) while there are great future plans to follow. And now, on top of this, he recently announced that he would start working on a American MOD as well in the very near future. However, he really needs to be fed with suggestions of us all to make his plans work.So, why not giving him a chance, by installing and playing the MOD and come up with your ideas?

If SixteenTons won't do the job, let the gamers do so! Check it out: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20184-dutch-mod-v100-released-a-lot-of-new-info-added/

Cheers!!   :holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands.

Please check out the mods section im getting ready to put a few new lighting concepts and a few unit changes.

Also if you want to try to play around with stuff I have been working on some tips and tricks to mess with the editor in English.

No luck on getting new models into the game or getting scripts to run as of yet though.

Hoppah and most of the pro modders have said it before that they are too busy these days to make something as big as the LA Mod was at the time. EM5 itself hasn't proven to be the most friendly or easy to use thing ever, and it will take time for the EMP modders to catch up.

The Germans probably will make an epic mod to kickstart EM5 modding, just as they did with the Winterberg mod back in 2006.

This is exactly what happened 10 years ago when EM4 modding began. Germans started some things and only by 2006 -2007 did the EM4 LA Mod become as good as it is.

I am tired of people wishing "Hoppah will make LA Mod for EM5". No, he said he won't. It would have to be someone else with the time and patience to get into EM5 modding, and most of the pros have no more time to do that.5.

Sorry to say, But what Hoppah (and all that helped him) did with the LA mod was awesome. So I can understand the comunity to keep on bringing his name to the table.

I really respect he's choice to not create mods for EM5.

But like all others here on the formum. I do hope somebody will step up and kickstart EM5 again. Since the developer lacks in this.

Next time I will think twice before buying anny of there games.

Guys Bought the Game EM5, I tell you it has taken a week to down load only a fraction of the update  and I have all the latest mod con for my computer I was excited because I have been tracking all the games from the start Em 1 till now ???  I for the Bin........

Sorry to say, But what Hoppah (and all that helped him) did with the LA mod was awesome. So I can understand the comunity to keep on bringing his name to the table.

I really respect he's choice to not create mods for EM5.

But like all others here on the formum. I do hope somebody will step up and kickstart EM5 again. Since the developer lacks in this.

Next time I will think twice before buying anny of there games.

I think it's good that most good modders are staying with EM4.

1. Most of the people on this forum have EM4

2. Now days there are more and more people learning how to mod in EM4

3.As said before, EM4 has more stuff and scripts in it. You can enter buildings, turn on/off lights,

So, the new peole to the EM series who started with EM5 have to suffer because the modders are familiar with EM4 and don't wanna move to 5?  It's too late to get a refund on EM5, and I prefer it over EM4 (tried it, really wasn't impressed with the controls and how things worked. on my first free-play run I had an annoying glitch where vehicles at the stations wouldn't respond to right click and go anywhere).  Am I, and the others who play and prefer EM5 just going to be screwed over with a severe lack of mods?  If so, that is highly unfair to us.  Thus far, the mods I find most helpful have already been made, but it would be nice to get out of the UK/EU and go to America/Canada's apparatus.

Really lame.

Well, to be honest with you there are pretty much two basic courses of action for you:  1). Try to learn to modify the game yourself.  2). Wait to see if anyone shows any interest in attempting to mod this game.  Love it or leave it, they did not provide enough documentation to really get cracking into thorough modding of this game, add into it the massive performance requirements to get good gameplay outta this game.  I can't say I'm shocked more modders arent chewing at the bit for this product.  To most of the modder community, they were promised a good deal, and found out that alotta what was promised just isnt there.  

The truth is that no game is a 100% guarantee of a proper modding community for it, even if software is included to make that process easier/the files are unlocked to be modified.  If people are not interested in taking their valued time and putting it into working on a game, they have a right to have their reasons, after all people are not currently paid to make these mods.  IMO it is unfair to expect people to modify a game, which for their reasons they do not wish to do (be it time constraints limiting their ability to learn the new systems, disappointment with the game in general, or lack of access to required programs/apps to work with this new system) to you, it is unfair that you don't have the mods you want, to me it's just as unfair to expect others to do what they do for their hobby in a way they don't wish to.  

Either you can try to learn the system which this game employs yourself, along with purchasing all required programs to make the resources it uses and see what you can do, or you will have to learn to be patient and hope someone finds the same appeal you do within this game, enough so that they wish to invest their time and money into making a proper mod for it.   Sorry to have to state the truth about it and I do feel bad for those who purchased EM5 expecting it to be a feeding frenzy, but for many many reasons most of the modding community just does not seem to want to get behind this game.

Well, for one thing, I really was convinced that FrozenOne-94 had it all. He made a well working "Dutch MOD", which unfortunately he decided to stop with, in order to get started with the so-called "Las Vegas" MOD. I got to know him as a very enthousiatic and devoted MODDER, having great plans for his "Las Vegas" MOD to be build. Now, for some reason I really don't understand, he got of the grid. I cannot seem to get in touch with him (through e-mail) anymore; that is - I do not receive any reply... The last e-mail I received from him was on June 14, 2015. I sent him several e-mails afterwards and even tried to get in touch with him trough Facebook, but no reply whatsoever!

Just a couple of days ago, I found that his "Las Vegas" topic had been removed from the forum as well. I don't know however, if a topic removal is always done by the site moderator or by the topic owner himself. Should the topic has been removed by the owner himself, then maybe we should assume that Frozenone-94 is not interested in the game and/or MODDING anymore. Should the topic has been removed by the moderator, then I really would like to know the reason for this action... 

Although, being very disappointed about the present situation... :cry:

As always,

Cheers!!    :holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands.

There was no reason to take action against the user "Frozenone-94", he has done nothing wrong to justify an action to be taken against him, if nothing wrong is done we will not take an action against a user.  I have checked the logs of actions and no staff has altered his topics.  The user in question would be the one responsible for removing the content of his topics, which is his right.  IMO it would have been better-served to either directly request removal of the content and/or to post an announcement as to why he was removing the projects, but that is more of a courtesy than a requirement.  To my knowledge, nobody in the staff knows the reasons for him seemingly abandoning the projects, but the state of his topics pretty much leads to the conclusion that he's done just that.

It's what I already assumed that this had happened. I also think, it would have shown some decency if he would have posted an announcement up front, rather than just removing the project and leave us just like that, forgetting all about the promisses he made to help the MODDERS who came to him with their questions. I thought I "knew" the guy (even defending him on our forum at some point...) It's a pretty disappointing and completely unexpected action he just performed. Go figure...

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

Cheers!!  :holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands

Well sorry for the long and sudden disappearance. Army duty called and so I had to go for some time. I see that not much has changed except losing someone who knew far more about modding this game them I ever will. Hope someone can start this work again. I will once again be releasing some lighting mods for the default vehicles and a few game mods that allow the police to do other things. I have to test them with the newest version of the game. I also need someone to make a video showcase is they could.

They are not the best but far more realistic to patterns found in the US.

If anyone knows how to get North American version fire trucks into the game I would love to do some lighting for them.

I still hope that someone will step up and make a breakthrough in modding this game. It has potential but time must be invested into learning it.

Have a great day

Bill

Delaware, USA

Hi Bill,

Maybe someone will answer our prayers and is EM5 not "that much dead" as it seems. After all, SixteenTons recently released some patches for the game (1.4.0 and 1.4.1) in a two days period, and they also refreshed their web site; that is - they took away their advertisement for their symposium they had in August in Frankfurt I believe (https://www.world-of-emergency.com/). So I do have a silent hope that EM5 is still "under construction" and hopefully for the best...

Keep in touch!

Cheers!!   :holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands

Hi Bill,

Maybe someone will answer our prayers and is EM5 not "that much dead" as it seems. After all, SixteenTons recently released some patches for the game (1.4.0 and 1.4.1) in a two days period, and they also refreshed their web site; that is - they took away their advertisement for their symposium they had in August in Frankfurt I believe (https://www.world-of-emergency.com/). So I do have a silent hope that EM5 is still "under construction" and hopefully for the best...

Keep in touch!

Cheers!!   :holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands

Big woop the final released some patch on game after taking over four months to do nothing to it. After release a few patch that fix a few issues of a unfinished buggy alpha, that was delay twice. I still hate to see how bad this game would been had it release on orignal date.

but hey they did not even brother to see if there bug ridden game would run on windows 10. I contact support but there worthless and do not answer emails.

So, it all comes down to the MODDERS who'll have just have faith, the will AND the knowlegde in making this game better.

And as to the worthless, disappointing and respectless attitude that SixteenTons is showing towards its (non German?) customers over this period, I just keep being hopefull in a positive change - but most probably against better knowing...  :mad:

Cheers!!  :holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands