The Jester

Active-Shooter Mission?

Hello! :D Okay, So the other day, I posted a picture which was basically a ton of Law Enforcement Vehicles from my mod along with Fire & EMS... I said It was what it would be like if I added in an Active-Shooter (Not the one with the Pistol, but something worse, like a M4 or something?) I understand to some people it may be disrespectful or just rude to make a mission/script or whatever because of how many active-shootings there has been in real life in the past few years. And I agree with that. but, This is only a game. and it's something that has happened in life, And we've got to deal with that. So, I'm going to try and add that in. but I'm not sure how to, I'm basically asking if anyone could help me with it, or just tell me how to make one? It'd be much like the "Active-shooter Call out" That's already in place, except instead of a pistol they'd have a larger weapon. And then you'd have to have more units on scene. Maybe call in SWAT and Fire & EMS. It'd just be a good situation (I think). I asked the people in a group for Emergency 4 I'm in, and they wanted it. So, I'm going to try and deliver it for them. :) Hopefully someone can assist me with this or atleast tell me how to do it? :) Thank you & Have a wonderful day! -The Jester 

I'm having trouble getting what you're asking for...

Are you looking to create a mission, or make a more advanced type mission in freeplay using mission scripts?

Basically, in Freeplay. There's a Callout that has a Man with a Gun (A Pistol), I'd like to kind of edit it, where there the shooter with have a larger weapon (An M4 Probably) and will be in a Higher Populated area (Much like an Active shooter Scenario)... So, basically either edit that callout or simply make another call out like I just said. (A Man with a Gun, M4, in a Highly populated area) Much like an Active-Shooter situation.  

My experience with the active shooter is they just shoot at cars galore. I guess if you over populated the map, you could experience a more bang bang scenario, but as far as what you're describing, you're better off to do a mission for that event, you'll get it more big scale. 

Deluxe has a sniper mission, guns down people, kinda what you're looking at

My experience with the active shooter is they just shoot at cars galore. I guess if you over populated the map, you could experience a more bang bang scenario, but as far as what you're describing, you're better off to do a mission for that event, you'll get it more big scale. 

Deluxe has a sniper mission, guns down people, kinda what you're looking at

True, but I don't really have a clue as how to implement that, plus I'm going to put this in my mod. (Which will be released hopefully soon) I'm wanting to basically have the "Active Shooter" go to a more populated area. (The Active shooter that's already in the game, Either is in a very low populated area and doesn't do much damage, or simply just does nothing when near people. I'm wanting it to be were the guy shoot up a place, people were injured and SWAT or someone had to respond and take him out. (And then it'd be a major call with over 15 units for police and like 10 units for Fire & EMS.)) If that's possibly, I'll message you for some more detail or something? 

If I recall correctly, the shooter just spawns randomly. The only thing you can do is have several crowd rich areas, and hope they spawn there. That'd create a lot of other problems too though. You can't change how missions behave in freeplay. To do that, you're looking at a lot of scripting probably way beyond your level at this time. 

To create a mission, which is better suited for your kinda thing would be a lot easier, and relatively basic in comparison. 

lol :P I Apologize, I'm definitely not that advanced. However could any of you guys help me with implementing that into my modification? :P I've posted a few pictures of a "Mock-up" or aftermath after a major situation. (Like the Active shooter, or a Hostage Rescue) on a Forum for Facebook. And everyone said I should try and get those added, So could anyone help me? :P It'd be much appreciated!