Boeingtriple7

New Firefighter Simulator?

Hello everyone,

I've noticed a serious lack in Firefighter Simulators. This has really been frustrating me. There are 3 or so German firefighter simulators, which I have, but I'd really love to see some simulating U.S. departments. There doesn't seem to be any of those out there.

I know about gangrenn's firefighter mod for GTA IV, but I'd prefer a standalone game that doesn't have the violent reputation of the Grand Theft Auto series.

I've been looking into the possibility of making one, and I think with a team and some crowd-funding, it could be possible!

I've been thinking a lot about this and I'd like to work with some of you guys to create a Firefighter Simulator based on the Chicago Fire Department, with authentic vehicles, real fire stations and a city set up to look like Chicago.

Currently, I'm asking what you guys think! Let me know if it's a good idea!

Hopefully EmergeNYC will be a game changer. There's a couple of German FF sims, but they're just like the average German simulator.

Creating one would be a pain because you would have to get permissions to use certain things. I believe that Flipswitch Studios (Rafael and his team) ran into an issue with licensing with some of the vehicles. It's completely stupid how you need a license to basically give a company free advertising.

Good luck, you have my support if you decide to give it a go.

I agree, we do need more realistic Fire/Emergency Simulators about, if you do start this project then you have my support, good luck. :)

I think you have to have a vehicle license to show you won't do anything with the vehicles that the respective company don't want. Like many don't allow damage shown on their vehicles (Hence why you hardly ever have damage on Racing games). I do agree with Wildcats though that it is pretty much free advertising. 

I agree, we do need more realistic Fire/Emergency Simulators about, if you do start this project then you have my support, good luck. :)

I think you have to have a vehicle license to show you won't do anything with the vehicles that the respective company don't want. Like many don't allow damage shown on their vehicles (Hence why you hardly ever have damage on Racing games). I do agree with Wildcats though that it is pretty much free advertising. 

They'd probably make more money suing you for using it without a license. :P

I've been working on my own game for about two years. I'm not planning on releasing it for about three years.