Mmore

Patch 1.2 now available for download

If you use the retail version you can grab it here: http://em5.world-of-emergency.com/patch (621MB)

Steam should update automatically

Dear EMERGENCY 5 players,

we would like to thank you for all the positive and fair feedback that reached us over the days after the release of EMERGENCY 5. We worked hard during the recent days to analyze every single feedback message. Also we want to express our gratitude for all performance test results EMERGENCY players have sent to us. We take this support not for granted and thank you very much! We want to communicate our further proceedings to all customers very clearly. All players shall be be able to see, if any difficulties they may encounter with functions or game performance are being solved by the current version. Most players have seen that we released a minor patch in the first days after the release which covered some bigger Problems. Now we have worked for one week on many important improvements which are listed below. Again, we would like to encourage you to give us any feedback. It is helping a lot. After this first major patch we will work consistently on the quality of the product. We will also include some important fixes which will take some time. We will inform you frequently about our next major update of the project. Thanks a lot to the great EMERGENCY Community for the fantastic support!

Your EMERGENCY Team

Changelog Patch 1.2

Crashes
- Fixed a crash appearing randomly during freeplay and when restarting Munich bomb event
- Fixed a crash appearing mainly in Munich paraglider event
- Fixed an AI related random crash during freeplay

Performance
- Optimized simulation rate for many computer configurations
- Various performance and memory improvements applicable for most computer configurations
- Reduced network traffic in multiplayer matches to gain higher performance

Audio
- Fixed event music playback stopped after several events
- Fixed multiple mouse-over-sound-playbacks inside the GUI login-dialog

Gameplay
- Fixed oil fire spreading in Hamburg flooding event
- Fix for stuck injured
- Fix for recovery helicopter: placing injured persons in blocked areas not longer possible
- Fixed sending only one vehicle when not using the send button

Vehicle path finding
- Solved a problem that causes vehicles to get stuck in an obstacle
- Solved a problem that causes vehicles to drive through thin walls
- Fixed a bug that sometimes unit vehicle stops for a moment at red traffic lights
- Fixed several collision problems

Graphics
- Fixed missing fire effect for some objects
- Added map icons for drones

Account
- Fixed highscore not being sent to WORLD OF EMERGENCY account

Yeah this patch has made some great performance improvements. Another patch like this would make the game much more popular! Why they didnt delay release by a week.

I am also enjoying the automation of the firemen quite a lot, changing their hydrants by themselves, gives me a lot more time to manage other things.

Yeah this patch has made some great performance improvements. Another patch like this would make the game much more popular! Why they didnt delay release by a week.

I am also enjoying the automation of the firemen quite a lot, changing their hydrants by themselves, gives me a lot more time to manage other things.

I noticed they automatically connect to the trucks now idk if that there was before or if its only when a hydrant is not available but i think people had to edit the files to get them to connect. 

I noticed they automatically connect to the trucks now idk if that there was before or if its only when a hydrant is not available but i think people had to edit the files to get them to connect. 

no they always connect to the truck if there was no free hydrant near by.  I had up to four fire fighters on one truck on dock fire campagin.  that is till all my save game progress was lost with patch 1.1.0 and i was log out emgerency world.

no they always connect to the truck if there was no free hydrant near by.  I had up to four fire fighters on one truck on dock fire campagin.  that is till all my save game progress was lost with patch 1.1.0 and i was log out emgerency world.

oh okay it was the first time they did i guess and im sorry to hear that.  :mad:

Patch 1.2.1 is now available, no patch notes released thus far. 

Retail users can download the patch here: http://em5.world-of-emergency.com/patch

A changelog for patch 1.2.1 was posted on Steam:

Changes in version 1.2.1:· Forcing recognition of graphics acceleration on systems with Nvidia Optimus technology· Crash fix when fireman frees persons from gas station· Crash fix in multiplay lobby password entry· Fix for objects getting invisible during or after a building fire 

You can view it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/328140/announcements/detail/172590889610052000

An update log was posted on this forum at time of release by EM5 developer for 1.2, is that different to 1.2.1?

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/19808-first-major-update-for-emergency-5-available-defect-fixes-and-performance-improvement/

Yes, 1.2 and 1.2.1 are two different patches. My post above has the changelog information for patch 1.2.1.

Yes, 1.2 and 1.2.1 are two different patches. My post above has the changelog information for patch 1.2.1.

We need another 'version' of the available patch. The one on the site doesn't work properly - there are lots of threads about it, it doesn't extract properly.

Can't someone please make a 'working' version?

I'm sitting with a unpatched RETAIL version that is buggy as hell.

If you not following those threads - you can't extract the 1.2.1 patch because inside the folders are 'funny' character sub folders, so extracting it to the game folder doesn't overwrite correct folders or files.

I've e-mailed the support guys but they haven't bothered to reply to the e-mail for 2 days and I even sent screenshots on the issues at hand.

Question is, did you guys not TEST the patch? Did QA not test correctly or did you only test the STEAM version because I have the RETAIL version like many others.

We need another 'version' of the available patch. The one on the site doesn't work properly - there are lots of threads about it, it doesn't extract properly.

Can't someone please make a 'working' version?

I'm sitting with a unpatched RETAIL version that is buggy as hell.

If you not following those threads - you can't extract the 1.2.1 patch because inside the folders are 'funny' character sub folders, so extracting it to the game folder doesn't overwrite correct folders or files.

I've e-mailed the support guys but they haven't bothered to reply to the e-mail for 2 days and I even sent screenshots on the issues at hand.

Question is, did you guys not TEST the patch? Did QA not test correctly or did you only test the STEAM version because I have the RETAIL version like many others.

Just to clear any potential confusion, I don't work with or for STE. I just reposted their patch changelog information from Steam.

That aside, I'll take a look at the retail patch myself to see if I can figure it out. I have the Steam version, which is why I haven't personally bothered with the retail patches.

Alright, I have an idea for those who have the retail version of the game and are not able to install the patch.

Just to clarify as well, the instructions do say to extract before installing. The official instructions mean unzip the zip file you downloaded, then run the executable "emergency5_update_1_2_1.exe" that was extracted. These instructions take it a second manual step further for those who are having issues with the installer itself.

Disclaimer: I TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU DO, FOLLOW, CAUSE TO HAPPEN, ETC. BY FOLLOWING, NOT FOLLOWING, OR MODIFYING AND FOLLOWING WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN BELOW. YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER(S), FILE(S), ETC. YOU FULLY AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL EVENTS, DAMAGES, ETC. THAT OCCUR OR ARE IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS GUIDE.

Now that that's out of the way, here's my idea as to what y'all can do. Keep in mind this has NOT been tested by me (or anyone I know), so you are, in effect, merely testing to see if it does work.

1. Uncompress the patch installation executable ("emergency5_update_1_2_1.exe"). You can use 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org) or any other program that has the same capabilities.

2. Inside the newly extracted directory, you should see three more directories. For the sake of clarity, we will call the directories as follows:

• "_゚", or the first directory, shall be referred to as "Dir1"
  • "_ユ", or the second directory, shall be referred to as "Dir2"
  • "_レ", or the third directory, shall be referred to as "Dir3"

3. Enter "Dir1" and copy the "bin" and "data" directories. Paste them directly in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Emergency 5\" directory (or wherever you installed Em5). Replace any files when requested.

4. Enter "Dir2". You should see a file named "content.7z". Extract the file into it's own directory. Enter the newly extracted directory.

5. Copy the "cache", "bin", and "manual" directories. Paste them directly into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Emergency 5\" directory (or wherever you installed Em5). Replace any files when requested.

6. Ignore "Dir3". The files inside this directory are for the installer itself.

Let me know if it works or if you run into any errors. I'll do my best to help as I can, but keep in mind I have not tested it (and nor can I)!

Edit

My apologies for the double-post! I had intended to add this post as an edit to my previous post, but forgot until after I'd hit the post button.

Edited by AXFulmenII

Ah bud, didn't work hey...

I get the error:

"Urgent Message

Please start EMERGENCY 5 using the 'em5_launcher".

-Instructions-

I think I found out why it wasn't working. When you extract the patcher, it should ask you what .exe you wanna use. Make sure you use the one with the smaller file size, and then it should work.

gX02jC7.jpg

I hope this works for the rest of you.