Fizzy_Amp

I downloaded patch from official WoE but i received error message during installation

Steam doesn't have up-to-date in the few days so i've decided to download patch from the official website (WoE) and i moved a patch file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Emergency 5". Then I received a error message said "EMERGENCY 5 installation not found." when the progress bar became full. I'm really confuse without README file came in the compression folder.

Where i do suppose place at? Or i do need 1.1.0 before 1.1.1 file that i downloaded?

I don't have Steam Version and I'm getting the same error as him... Where am I supposed to put the file?

edit: I found a message from developers that said I needed to extract the patch to em5 installation folder. I did so but still get the same error.

I tried the extracting with 7zip as well, doesn't work for me using the following patch: emergency5_update_1_2_1.exe

That's because inside the folder, there are 'funny characters' type folders, so if you extract that to the games folder, it won't overwrite the files it's supposed to overwrite, thus, no effect to the game.

I tried the extracting with 7zip as well, doesn't work for me using the following patch: emergency5_update_1_2_1.exe

That's because inside the folder, there are 'funny characters' type folders, so if you extract that to the games folder, it won't overwrite the files it's supposed to overwrite, thus, no effect to the game.

Exactly. 

Can anyone help at all? Did it work for anyone?

Found solution: 

Download the patch from a torrent website. I got the torrent from a cached version of thepiratebay: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/11657201/Emergency_5_Update_1.2.0-HazardousKing&gws_rd=cr&ei=G2uHVP_eDoGjgwSv2ID4Dg

Instructions after download: open download folder, extract files to the same folder it is in, then copy and paste the extracted files into the em5 installation folder. Make sure to overwrite the old files with the new ones.

Hope this helps, it worked for me. However, I didnt see any performance fixed in the patch :(

Found solution: 

Download the patch from a torrent website. I got the torrent from a cached version of thepiratebay: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/11657201/Emergency_5_Update_1.2.0-HazardousKing&gws_rd=cr&ei=G2uHVP_eDoGjgwSv2ID4Dg

Instructions after download: open download folder, extract files to the same folder it is in, then copy and paste the extracted files into the em5 installation folder. Make sure to overwrite the old files with the new ones.

Hope this helps, it worked for me. However, I didnt see any performance fixed in the patch :(

I like this idea, but any chance someone could just do the same thing but for the latest patch: emergency5_update_1_2_1.exe
I e-mailed the support and asked them, but honestly, they haven't bothered to reply for 2 days.

It's times like these that I actually HATE having purchased the game before trying it out because then I would've encountered this issue and not have purchased the game till the bugs have all been fixed like with the other Emergency games.

I like this idea, but any chance someone could just do the same thing but for the latest patch: emergency5_update_1_2_1.exe
I e-mailed the support and asked them, but honestly, they haven't bothered to reply for 2 days.

It's times like these that I actually HATE having purchased the game before trying it out because then I would've encountered this issue and not have purchased the game till the bugs have all been fixed like with the other Emergency games.

That's why I use torrents mate ;) I download games using torrent before purchasing so that I can see if it runs good on my PC or if its "broken".

That's why I use torrents mate ;) I download games using torrent before purchasing so that I can see if it runs good on my PC or if its "broken".

I used to do this way back when, I don't anymore... But sometimes...

Anyways... Support replied and they suggested I try update the game via the launcher - which as far as I can see, is not possible.

Now awaiting another reply.

However, i am trying the torrent above to get the 1.2.0 update.

Hopefully, with that update, the game should at least run and fix many problems including the 'login' error and maybe some others.

I used to do this way back when, I don't anymore... But sometimes...

Anyways... Support replied and they suggested I try update the game via the launcher - which as far as I can see, is not possible.

However, i am trying the torrent above to get the 1.2.0 update.

Hopefully, with that update, the game should at least run and fix many problems including the 'login' error and maybe some others.

Well lets hope it works since it worked for me :D

But I only got like 1% performance improvement :(

Just an update;

I downloaded the .torrent file but needed WinRAR to extract the file, 7zip (any version) said the file was corrupt.

The game loads faster (for me at least) and says it's version 1.2.0.

Changing resolution from the one it auto selected to 1090 etc resulted in a crash but I manually loaded it again and it loaded fine.

When loading the game - it tells me there is a newer update but I still can't get it.

k so this actually worked for me in 1.2.2 update. I downloaded from official WoE website and using Winrar I extracted without comfirmation the .exe inside the download file. After that I booted emergency 5 and it prompted me to install the new update :D