ENG51INE

Mayberry County [Released]

Mayberry is going to be getting a facelift. the mod team wants to know if anyone has any suggestions of things they would like to see in the next version. We will listen to everyones suggestions but I know we will not be able to put in everything that is suggested.

Mayberry is going to be getting a facelift. the mod team wants to know if anyone has any suggestions of things they would like to see in the next version. We will listen to everyones suggestions but I know we will not be able to put in everything that is suggested.

Maybe go for a more rural look, and change up the models a little. You could bring back the commercial cab engines so that each engine is different. Also maybe expand on the Law Enforcement aspect, add another Police agency such as State Police. Also regarding the Law Enforcement maybe change the models of the Patrols so that aren't all Taurus's. Just those couple of changes would completely change the mod imo.

Maybe go for a more rural look, and change up the models a little. You could bring back the commercial cab engines so that each engine is different. Also maybe expand on the Law Enforcement aspect, add another Police agency such as State Police. Also regarding the Law Enforcement maybe change the models of the Patrols so that aren't all Taurus's. Just those couple of changes would completely change the mod imo

A lot of the models are going to be changed out and we are getting a whole new map but it will not be a rural map this time.

If I may, with station 3 being a "volunteer" station, tanker 1 should be switched with tanker 3(though personally I would like to see tanker 3 be in both stations, model wise). Engine 1 should be changed to a different model, while it may be different where your from, I'm in a very large metro area with easy access to rural and no depts.(they are all full time) have a dual rear axle engine. I personally like engine 3 the best but I do understand wanting a bit of change throughout so that everything is not the same. I would like to see an engine brought in that is on the International chassis.

I agree with having different models for the engines.  The ones we have now are awesome but I preferred it more when there was a commercial chassis to break it up a bit.  I do like the tanker/pumper combo but i know it doesn't benefit cause the truck is in the same class as the pumpers therefore same volume of water is carried.  Would it be possible to skin and/or script a HAZMAT trailer to deploy a tent and have personnel change into gear?  I figured that would go with the small town/suburban feel.

I'd like to see the volunteer script call a random number of persons instead of one for each click, like the Montana Mod uses. I also agree with the suggestions for engines. It'd be nice to see some commercial cabs, or even just different cabs. I'd also like to see an additional police agency, either a Sheriff's Office or a State Police kinda deal, and some variation in the models for the police. Maybe a Crown Vic, a Charger, Explorer. Just some variation would be nice. And I agree that Mayberry would fit with a more rural feel, but if you're wanting to go urban I think that could go well too.

Definitely add PD. It is weird that Mayberry county sheriff is the only law encorcement agency. So some small town PD with let's say two cars Would be nice change.

We are currently looking to acquire a new SWAT Vehicle. The way the new map we are getting is going to be laid out is is going to be a more rural feel to the map. We are also adding in a body of water for water rescue calls. I do not think we will add in a small Police Dept due to the concept we are looking at for the city. The pd concept is that the City of Mayberry could no longer afford police services so that is why the sheriff office took over. I might talk with the mod team and maybe add in  a park ranger concept or possibly a  wildlife cop aspect.

Where can I download this? The fb link in the OP is dead.

https://mega.co.nz/#!qhwTEKYL!hJrWcIPmZSEWkCmhGs5ntFcESnhLgGMHW1thd_-WjnQ    that is the actual mod

https://mega.co.nz/#!X05zBKLL!STWaWi-rdsKfIirof5s0-WsGH2dnTyLcxfFroJIH4uY   This is the patch to make it 1.5.1 which moves squad 4 back to station 4 and it also fixes some parking issues.

We are currently looking to acquire a new SWAT Vehicle. The way the new map we are getting is going to be laid out is is going to be a more rural feel to the map. We are also adding in a body of water for water rescue calls. I do not think we will add in a small Police Dept due to the concept we are looking at for the city. The pd concept is that the City of Mayberry could no longer afford police services so that is why the sheriff office took over. I might talk with the mod team and maybe add in  a park ranger concept or possibly a  wildlife cop aspect.

What mod team is this that is working on the mod that I made?  I have given NO ONE permission to use any aspect of Mayberry.  I am the sole creator and modder of this mod and had very LIMITED input from others such as permission to use certain vehicles.

Might wanna watch how you phrase that. I could several model authors credited in the readme, as well as the obvious use of the map and many other components of the LA mod. 

Yes you reserve the right to withhold any submod releases that alter your game (they can add separate vehicles in a pack similar to itchboy's that can be inserted to your mod and you can't stop that) but as much as the content, a lot (perhaps the majority) of it comes from other authors. 

Might wanna watch how you phrase that. I could several model authors credited in the readme, as well as the obvious use of the map and many other components of the LA mod.

Yes you reserve the right to withhold any submod releases that alter your game (they can add separate vehicles in a pack similar to itchboy's that can be inserted to your mod and you can't stop that) but as much as the content, a lot (perhaps the majority) of it comes from other authors.

Correct and I do not disagree with you. My statement was more towards the fact that I took a hiatus from modding for a few months and logged back in today for the first time in a while and it seemed like some folks were trying to pick up where I had left off without consulting with me (more than messaging me on here as many people involved are friends with me on Facebook and have alternative contact methods). Making additions and adding is fine, but calling it an all new version update when I have my own updates planned is like a shot below the belt to me. Just airing my frustrations is all. I know I can't stop anyone from doing anything they really want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to get the corona pack. Im mobile right now but it should be posted a few times earlier in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thanks! I'll take a look

The mod is now running great apart from some tiny issues (A script error and a house fire which just would not go out!)

Apart from that all is well! Now i've had chance to run it, I can say its a great mod, so very well done! A bit of getting used to on my part because I'm used to the British emergency services.. but a great learning curve! Edited by MikeyPI
Merged your posts, in the future if you have to add things to your post please use the edit button found in the bottom right of your posting instead of posting twice in a row (double posting)

This is probably one of the best mods I have used. It can be very challenging and semi-realistic. I would love to see supplying water from other resources such as from the pond and even between the attack trucks and not just from the tanker. All in all, I would rate this a 10/10 because everything about it makes the game really fun. Cheers! 

This is probably one of the best mods I have used. It can be very challenging and semi-realistic. I would love to see supplying water from other resources such as from the pond and even between the attack trucks and not just from the tanker. All in all, I would rate this a 10/10 because everything about it makes the game really fun. Cheers! 

I have seen a mod where they made it where you can draft out of a lake it was a pretty cool idea and it is very easy to do. I hope someone can figure out how to do engine to engine or an engine to ladder water supply

https://mega.co.nz/#!qhwTEKYL!hJrWcIPmZSEWkCmhGs5ntFcESnhLgGMHW1thd_-WjnQ    that is the actual mod

https://mega.co.nz/#!X05zBKLL!STWaWi-rdsKfIirof5s0-WsGH2dnTyLcxfFroJIH4uY   This is the patch to make it 1.5.1 which moves squad 4 back to station 4 and it also fixes some parking issues.

I downloaded the patch 1.5.1 because I wasn't sure if I had it or not, but the point is that now the Main fire station is missing and all the events...