ENG51INE

Mayberry County [Released]

Well I can say in rural fire fighting your lucky if you have a hydrant and then your even luckier if the thing works.

We had a restaurant fire here recently and they had no hydrants. They end up having to stop all hand lines and engine fire fighting operations till they could get enough water to run the single tower ladder on site. Then began additional attack once they had enough tankers to support full operations.

They pretty much used every tanker in southern Butler County, ie from the county line all the way North to Butler city(the City has no tankers), and they got additional tankers from Armstrong County. The end using one operational channel just for tanker operations.

That's completely different to how it is in the UK. But damn!

The mod design to be what it like to fight fire in rual area. where there not a lot of hydrants or even no hydrants and they have to use tank shuttle runs to fight the fire.  So I doubt they going to add more hydrants.  but it always something you can do if you want.  Just use the editor.  Find a hydrant on map.  Copy it and paste it some where else.  Then keep pasting to you have all the hydrants you want. 

Where do I find the editor? 

That's completely different to how it is in the UK. But damn!

Here some links with the story and video

There a video on this link

I thought it was only one tanker run.  turns out it was three.   which explain why they had a separate tanker command.    Basically they found three different place near the fire to draft water and where using tanker to move the water between those three to fire.

Some additional picture here

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourallekiskivalley/yourallekiskivalleymore/6671564-74/fire-building-penn#axzz3LDzawzOW

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/star-grill-cabot?select=OGa9YJ3oQLF5DnHKiTS5lw#LI4vPUk5CIwBrLL1lTf3dw

Where do I find the editor? 

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/5851-wheres-my-editor/

So I can edit the map with more hydrants? Will it stay like that when I download the next version of the mod?

No because it will overwrite the map so you will have to do it again, Because if you keep the map from the current version it might not work properly in regards to units going to station correctly. So it would probably be best to wait until the new version.

We will not be adding more hydrants, in fact, we actually removed a large amount from the southeast corner. In other areas, sometimes you just have to look around and manually hook up to the hydrant. Having trouble accessing a burning house? Pull a rescue around to cover your exposure, and deploy an engine company on the street side. Pull a tanker up and connect it to the closest hydrant, then use one of its members to go from truck to truck to fill them as needed.

This mod was created to give you more realism, and it has evolved in the shoe time it has been released.

You will also find:

New building search command making every building searchable

Fire fighters take damage when too close to the fire and not wearing an SCBA

County deluge truck for those really out of control fires that you just can't seem to get control of

Won't this highlight every building on the map and cause lag? Or will it just be if you move the mouse cursor over a building it will be highlighted?

Only if you move the mouse over it like with the "open buildings". I create the mods and play them in a 10+ year old laptop, so I'm always having to invent new ways to keep it interesting and avoid lag and long upload times.

Only if you move the mouse over it like with the "open buildings". I create the mods and play them in a 10+ year old laptop, so I'm always having to invent new ways to keep it interesting and avoid lag and long upload times.

Ah ok I know what you mean. I should have no problems on my laptop then as its only a year and a half old, and I'm impressed that you have done what 3 great mods on a 10+ year old laptop :D

The color scheme looks decent/unique on the fire trucks but hideous on the ambulances. Maybe red and black if you want to get the black in there? Or blue and white?

But that's just my opinion, I must also say I like the new units and I'm curious to what the Animal Control Unit will do.

If you don't like the color, then either don't download it or change it yourself.

Why does the animal control truck have to do something? I got sick and tired of hearing "there's not enough police vehicles" and the "you need to have more of a variety". This is why I have not been putting updates on here.

If you don't like the color, then either don't download it or change it yourself.

Why does the animal control truck have to do something? I got sick and tired of hearing "there's not enough police vehicles" and the "you need to have more of a variety". This is why I have not been putting updates on here.

Not enough police vehicles? I see it as there is plenty otherwise you just end up with too many units not being used, also most police forces have several of the same vehicle in their fleets and I was just wondering about the animal control, weather it had a function or not.

By the way, I'm not trying to brown nose or anything, but people don't seem to appreciate all the hard work that has gone into a mod nowadays, if the liveries are the wrong colour change them yourself, if there isn't 100 odd different vehicles, add new ones yourself. A Lot of hard work gets put into these mods and people just nitpick them to pieces and you wonder why mod creators/devs get pissed off... Bottom like is if you don't like it then like ENG51INE said don't download it or change it to suit your needs...

Not enough police vehicles? I see it as there is plenty otherwise you just end up with too many units not being used and I was just wondering about the animal control, weather it had a function or not. And hey its your mod, if people don't like it then like you said don't download it...

The animal control unit is just like a regular unit staffed with a sheriff, to help add realism. There are more car crashes involving animals being added, so it's more of a special call unit you can call in.

The animal control unit is just like a regular unit staffed with a sheriff, to help add realism. There are more car crashes involving animals being added, so it's more of a special call unit you can call in.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I wonder if its possible to pickup dead animals and put them in the ACU like the coroners van and send it back to HQ.

That's the plan. There's no specific script for it, but it's in the works

the only ones I know is in ers Berlin and I think the Ravenna ohio submod is working on one or has one.

Gunswat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only ones I know is in ers Berlin and I think the Ravenna ohio submod is working on one or has one.

Gunswat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravenna's dead bro. But yeah it would be really cool to see a script like that in a North American mod, the German mods get all the cool stuff :dry:

Ravenna's dead bro. But yeah it would be really cool to see a script like that in a North American mod, the German mods get all the cool stuff :dry:

The Germans have released a do it yourself campaing freeplay script here:

http://www.emergency-forum.de/index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=2309

Still figuring out how to use it because instructions are in German.